Trump unable to get $464m bond in New York fraud case, his lawyers say

Social Media

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I'm sure he's managed to rake up the cash from some billionaire who is trying to avoid being taxed in the future.

Perfectly legal just like Carroll for her legal fees.

Don’t say she used her own savings. You’ll continue to look like a fool.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Is that like one of those CNN polls where they asked CNN listeners what they think, and from that they concluded that Kamala Harris is a fricking genius?

I'd read the link, but it doesn't work.

• Love It 1

51 minutes ago, impulse said:

Is that like one of those CNN polls where they asked CNN listeners what they think

Do any CNN (FOX et al) poll responder's actually think or know anything about their so called answers to the rigged pollster's questions?

Edited by scottiejohn

The Appeals court probably assumes that $175 million will be the verdict amount after the appeal.

Moreover, NY State has control over Trump's assets, he cannot sell or transfer anything with their approval.

So, the State is protected, even if there is no bond, when the verdict is reduced to $175 million.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

when the verdict is reduced to $175 million.

when ?

What if the Appellate Court rules all the claims are void as beyond THEIR definition of the statute of limitations and not Judge Engoron's.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Sad 1

On 3/23/2024 at 1:56 PM, jerrymahoney said:

But over the past 15 years or so of some involvement I am not in any position to comment on outcomes of appeals -- I've been more often a supporter of the losing side but not always.

21 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

What if the Appellate Court rules all the claims are void as beyond THEIR definition of the statute of limitations and not Judge Engoron's.

Right!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Right!

Well whoopee do for U. You got me. I just reacted to Kuhn Danderman's WHEN, not IF.

But from the more current topic:

David B. Saxe, a former judge on the appeals court that ruled on Monday, said that the court’s decision to short circuit Ms. James’s collection efforts suggests that some of the judges were uncomfortable with Justice Engoron’s ruling.

“My view is that the court indicates it has difficulty with the breadth of the lower court’s decision,” said Mr. Saxe, who retired in 2017 after 36 years on the bench, 19 of them on the appeals court.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/25/nyregion/trump-bond-reduced.html

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

when ?

As I recall Trump has already lost the appeal on the statute of limitations issue? Didn't the appellate court release Ivanka due to their view of the statute of limitations but leave Trump, Don Jr and Eric in?

1 hour ago, alanrchase said:

As I recall Trump has already lost the appeal on the statute of limitations issue? Didn't the appellate court release Ivanka due to their view of the statute of limitations but leave Trump, Don Jr and Eric in?

All I know is that it was in the reply brief submitted 18 MAR 2024 to the Appellate Court:

The Judgment Contradicts This Court’s Statute-of-Limitations Ruling.

First, Supreme Court’s judgment clearly failed to comply with this Court’s June 2023 ruling on the statute of limitations. 

2 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

All I know is that it was in the reply brief submitted 18 MAR 2024 to the Appellate Court:

First, Supreme Court’s judgment clearly failed to comply with this Court’s June 2023 ruling on the statute of limitations. 

The appellate court dismissed Ivanka because she was not involved in any decisions after 2016. The case continued for fraud committed after 2016. The case was filed in 2022 and the statute of limitations for fraud in NY is six years. Can't see why the appellate court would go against their own decision when considering the verdict in regards to the statute of limitations. 

5 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

I suspect that’s not all you know.

You might also know the statute of limitations’ clock gets reset every time an act in furtherance of the crime is committed.

8 hours ago, alanrchase said:

The appellate court dismissed Ivanka because she was not involved in any decisions after 2016. The case continued for fraud committed after 2016. The case was filed in 2022 and the statute of limitations for fraud in NY is six years. Can't see why the appellate court would go against their own decision when considering the verdict in regards to the statute of limitations. 

This is from page 13 in the  18 MAR 2024 reply:

The Attorney General wrongfully argues that new “transactions were completed,” , every time Defendants submitted an annual statement relating to long-completed loan. This argument directly and disrespectfully contradicts this Court’s June 2023 ruling.

The Appeals Court did not address any specifics of the request for stay but a partial stay was granted.

Edited by jerrymahoney

On 3/26/2024 at 11:42 PM, beautifulthailand99 said:

Trump Media shares have soared 50% on the launch on the NASDAQ - Teflon Don wins again !

https://www.ft.com/content/99f713a5-71fa-4a28-b1ee-5b6f8998887e

This is the most shorted stock in history.

If the share price dips below $57, there will be blood in the streets.

Edited by Danderman123