Plans for new airport in northern Thailand set to take off

webfact

Primary tourist destination??  It will need a railway (been coming for years)  and some hotels first.  Health hub.  Phayao hospital is busy already, serving locals. 

I hope it's not the drawing that made the PM say yes 😉

And if the drawing is supposed to show how the airport will look like, I'm really looking forward to ride my bike on those lovely paths next to the taxiway. After that go in the underground building to get a cold rest and a smothie ! 555555

Don't know why, but this drawing makes me think of HR Giger

• Agree 1

These new airports/refits/expansions seem to be a bit hit or miss.

Thailand’s New Deep South Airport: Dead on Arrival?

A new airport in Betong is supposed to spark development in Thailand’s troubled south, but practical considerations limit its potential.

https://thediplomat.com/2022/04/thailands-new-deep-south-airport-dead-on-arrival/

21 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

These new airports/refits/expansions seem to be a bit hit or miss.

Thailand’s New Deep South Airport: Dead on Arrival?

A new airport in Betong is supposed to spark development in Thailand’s troubled south, but practical considerations limit its potential.

https://thediplomat.com/2022/04/thailands-new-deep-south-airport-dead-on-arrival/

Agree.

There are currently only 19 of the DOA's (Department of Airports) 29 current airports that have scheduled commercial air services, while the rest either only have a handful of flights each week or no commercial flights. The airports I believe, with no scheduled flights are Tak, Nakhon Ratchasimi, Pattani, Petchabun, Pai, Mae Sariang, Uttaradit and Betong.

AOT (Airports of Thailands) operates 6 airports, Suvarnabhumi Airport, Don Mueang Airport, Phuket International Airport, Chiang Mai International Airport, Hat Yai International Airport and Chiang Rai International Airport.

U- Tapao Airport is operated by RTN (Royal Thai Navy)

Edited by Georgealbert

• 3 months later...
On 3/20/2024 at 2:35 AM, Uttaradit farang said:

About time Uttaradit got an airport. Can be a pain flying to Sukhothai or Phitsanulok.  

I also want an airport in our village of the district Pang Mapha. It's awful to drive 4 hours to the Chiang Mai airport through the mountains.   :crying:

• Like 1