Record warmth in global oceans hits one-year mark, defies explanation

Social Media

2 hours ago, James105 said:

It's hubris to think that despite there being clear geological evidence that the planets climate has always been changing over millions of years, humans are solely responsible for it now.  Where you can draw accurate correlations though is how much richer the richest tend to get when the gullible proles fall for another one of their money making schemes. 

or rationalization.

Sure CO2 levels have risen in the past due to natural  events, but clearly this is not the case now. There are no natural event to account for the Hockey stick graph in CO2 rice, it is clearly human caused. To say otherwise is at the very least  rationalizations. You are simply being used by the petrochemical industry to muddy the waters and give them another decade of obscene   profits. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's pretty obvious that if land subsides the water may flood it.

Wrong way round. Subsidence happens when water rises. Never mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

or rationalization.

Sure CO2 levels have risen in the past due to natural  events, but clearly this is not the case now. There are no natural event to account for the Hockey stick graph in CO2 rice, it is clearly human caused. To say otherwise is at the very least  rationalizations. You are simply being used by the petrochemical industry to muddy the waters and give them another decade of obscene   profits. 

Fine then. Stop using cars and the internet. When alarmists do that I will take them seriously. It is like a dietitician telling people to lose weight while they weigh 180kgs.

58 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Fine then. Stop using cars and the internet. When alarmists do that I will take them seriously. It is like a dietitician telling people to lose weight while they weigh 180kgs.

I don't even know what to do with this reply

Why should I stop driving cars???? Makes no sense. Why cant I drive a less polluting car?

And I did not know the internet was a major CO2  contributor, but I don't know everything, Do tell how not using the internet, will make any substantial contribution in CO2 reduction??? 

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

Why should I stop driving cars???? Makes no sense. Why cant I drive a less polluting car?

And I did not know the internet was a major CO2  contributor, but I don't know everything, Do tell how not using the internet, will make any substantial contribution in CO2 reduction??? 

So you don't really believe in it either. I rest my case.

15 hours ago, Dolf said:

The first step is to acknowledge the problem. Then you can discuss solutions.

14 hours ago, Dolf said:

Giving you an education.

"The internet releases around 300m tonnes of CO2 a year – as much as all the coal, oil and gas burned in Turkey or Poland, or more than half of the fossil fuels burned in the UK"

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2010/aug/12/carbon-footprint-internet

Does that include Crypto mining?

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Does that include Crypto mining?

I assume not.

The resulting carbon footprint was equivalent to that of burning 84 billion pounds of coal or operating 190 natural gas-fired power plants. To offset this footprint, 3.9 billion trees should be planted, covering an area almost equal to the area of the Netherlands, Switzerland, or Denmark or 7% of the Amazon rainforest.

During this time period, Bitcoin's water footprint was similar to the amount of water required to fill over 660,000 Olympic-sized swimming pools, enough to meet the current domestic water needs of more than 300 million people in rural sub-Saharan Africa.

https://unu.edu/press-release/un-study-reveals-hidden-environmental-impacts-bitcoin-carbon-not-only-harmful-product

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Dolf said:

They will never take any action. Just like their cult leaders continue to live in mansions and take their private jets. 

They will drive around Pattaya in a diesel truck with their Chinese made mobile phone, pontificating about what other people should do, just to make themselves feel better. 

Until the climate alarmist elitists change their own behaviour I refuse to take anything they say seriously.

It's a massive scam to transfer wealth and more importantly power from the average man to the elites. Put us all in 15 minute cities, wracked with guilt and paying extortionate amounts of tax to save the planet. Meanwhile Gates is on his private island wondering how to utilize cheap chinese labour without getting exposed as a fraud. Better than being on Epsteins island again I suppose. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

They will never take any action. Just like their cult leaders continue to live in mansions and take their private jets. 

They will drive around Pattaya in a diesel truck with their Chinese made mobile phone, pontificating about what other people should do, just to make themselves feel better. 

Until the climate alarmist elitists change their own behaviour I refuse to take anything they say seriously.

It's a massive scam to transfer wealth and more importantly power from the average man to the elites. Put us all in 15 minute cities, wracked with guilt and paying extortionate amounts of tax to save the planet. Meanwhile Gates is on his private island wondering how to utilize cheap chinese labour without getting exposed as a fraud. Better than being on Epsteins island again I suppose. 

Exactly. 

• Agree 1

On 3/23/2024 at 8:55 AM, JonnyF said:

Despite your observations about human behavior, the planet is warming due to human produced carbon dioxide.

On 3/22/2024 at 8:36 PM, sirineou said:

or rationalization.

Lets say that you are correct and it's all because I'm driving a petrol car, so what are you or anyone else going to do about it?

Far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter who or what caused it, we can't put the genie back in the bottle. We are not going to stop temperature rising, we are not going to stop polluting, we are not going to stop using oil, we are not going to do anything except build windmills that do sod all to stop temperature rise, we are not going to stop flying in ever increasing numbers on oil powered planes, we are not going to prepare for bad weather, we are not going to stop building houses on flood plains or in fire zones or on the coasts, and probably the only thing governments will actually do is to use it to increase taxes. Then when it gets really bad everyone will run around blaming everyone else for it. The victim culture is at work already, and is only going to get worse. Island nations will demand that the west give them loadsacash, but do nothing to save their vanishing lands, S*******e countries will do nothing but export millions of their surplus populations to the west, and the woke will be woking on about how it's all the right wing's fault.

Do I think we can change it- nah, not a chance. We are either doomed or we are not.

Never mind, it's a chance for Elon to make a few more mega billions selling tickets to Mars.

I just hope I'm not around when the gang wars start, fighting over diminishing resources.

35 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Despite your observations about human behavior, the planet is warming due to human produced carbon dioxide.

Sooooo, what are you going to do about it, other than write the same thing on here a few hundred more times?

35 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Sooooo, what are you going to do about it, other than write the same thing on here a few hundred more times?

On 3/23/2024 at 2:41 PM, Danderman123 said:

The first step is to acknowledge the problem. Then you can discuss solutions.

Except you have no solutions, as all you ever do is say the same thing over and over again. I've never seen any solution proposed by you.

I think you may very well be a badly programmed chat bot that keeps repeating the same thing as it wasn't given any solutions to post.

On 3/23/2024 at 12:20 AM, Dolf said:

So you don't really believe in it either. I rest my case.

I've noticed that all they do is keep saying the same thing over and over, but have no clue about how to fix it.

That may be a bit unfair as there is likely nothing that can be done except being a Chicken Little.

However, I'd like to see what they think could be done, if they actually think that far ahead, of course.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Except you have no solutions, as all you ever do is say the same thing over and over again. I've never seen any solution proposed by you.

I think you may very well be a badly programmed chat bot that keeps repeating the same thing as it wasn't given any solutions to post.

How many times do you need to be told that the solution is to stop burning fossil fuels? The scientists are all telling us that.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

How many times do you need to be told that the solution is to stop burning fossil fuels? The scientists are all telling us that.

Stop using cars then.

• Agree 1

I've noticed that all they do is keep saying the same thing over and over, but have no clue about how to fix it.

That may be a bit unfair as there is likely nothing that can be done except being a Chicken Little.

However, I'd like to see what they think could be done, if they actually think that far ahead, of course.

All hypocrites. All use cars, planes and the internet.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nothing, just whine like they all do. 

• Agree 1

On 3/23/2024 at 12:18 AM, sirineou said:

Sooooo, your solution is to just carry on and hope that someone else fixes it as you are not prepared to make any sacrifices to save the planet.

Sooooo, your solution is to just carry on and hope that someone else fixes it as you are not prepared to make any sacrifices to save the planet.

He have to live with the hand we are dealt. It's asinine to suggest that environmentalists are hypocrites because they don't walk everywhere or sail across the seas. The greatest affect anyone can have is at the ballot box. The misinformation funded by the fossil fuel companies needs to be addressed. It's no surprise that the right wing are against public education, it's all part of the con.

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

He have to live with the hand we are dealt. It's asinine to suggest that environmentalists are hypocrites because they don't walk everywhere or sail across the seas. The greatest affect anyone can have is at the ballot box. The misinformation funded by the fossil fuel companies needs to be addressed. It's no surprise that the right wing are against public education, it's all part of the con.

Hypocrites all of you

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Lefties have and will always be the biggest hypocrites.

• Agree 1