Is life worth living without helping others?

7 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

The late Chris Farley mock interviews Paul McCartney on SNL:

Chris Farley: Right. I think we.. I think we got time for one more question. Uh.. remember when you were in The Beatles? And, um, you did that album Abbey Road, and at the very end of the song, it would.. the song goes, “And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make”? You.. you remember that?

Paul McCartney: Yes.

Chris Farley: Uh.. is that true?

Paul McCartney: Yes, Chris. In my experience, it is. I find, the more you give, the more you get.

https://snltranscripts.jt.org/92/92mfarley.phtml

Well in the case of a certain woman, Paul certainly gave and gave, and gave some more. I wonder what he got in return?

Yeah, but at my late age, I have to help-average.

I have done and spent for others at an extreme percentage for most of my life. It's me-time now, and less them-time.

Karma-wise, I could stab a nun with an ice pick and still go to heaven (sort of like Trump in reverse). Since I (probably) won't, I'm good to go.

8 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

Yeah, but at my late age, I have to help-average.

I have done and spent for others at an extreme percentage for most of my life. It's me-time now, and less them-time.

Karma-wise, I could stab a nun with an ice pick and still go to heaven (sort of like Trump in reverse). Since I (probably) won't, I'm good to go.

Please don't take this the wrong way but I know you after all these years reading your posts .

Sorry to be truthful to you ,but you don't help anyone .

Your a selfish man John and you know it .

, you couldn't careless about others 

Sad I know and I'm sorry the truth hurts ,

thru  out your career you thought only about yourself, talking about stabbing a nun you stabbed all your co workers in the back to get ahead or to get favours off the boss ,you know you did !

You hated your co workers!

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Depends how selfish and arrogant you are. For me I enjoy helping others but not everyone is the same

Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy helping others, but the lack of any gratitude for doing so, and the back stabbing took the gloss off. Loaning a 26 year "friend" a years income and having him steal it, does make one reluctant to do it again ( though my wife did attempt to steal all I had, but only got some of it- I guess I had learned something by then ).

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy helping others, but the lack of any gratitude for doing so, and the back stabbing took the gloss off. Loaning a 26 year "friend" a years income and having him steal it, does make one reluctant to do it again ( though my wife did attempt to steal all I had, but only got some of it- I guess I had learned something by then ).

I never lend. Last person I helped was an old woman who didnt have enough money for the bag of rice and a couple of other things. I paid for her and gave her the change.

29 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

Karma doesn't earn good points towards entry to heaven. Only the penitent get there. Didn't you read the Gospels?

1 minute ago, Photoguy21 said:

I never lend. Last person I helped was an old woman who didnt have enough money for the bag of rice and a couple of other things. I paid for her and gave her the change.

Good for you, but you hadn't known her for 26 years.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Good for you, but you hadn't known her for 26 years.

No I didnt know her but if someone who is 26 cant look after themselves then they need to be taught not bailed out.

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Karma doesn't earn good points towards entry to heaven. Only the penitent get there. Didn't you read the Gospels?

I'm not (necessarily) advocating nun-killing with sharp-pointed objects.

But if I feel the need, I'll hit 'em in the temple clean and hard so they go down fast.

Really, for my 3 hard marriages alone, it's the least I deserve.

6 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

I'm not (necessarily) advocating nun-killing with sharp-pointed objects.

But if I feel the need, I'll hit 'em in the temple clean and hard so they go down fast.

Really, for my 3 hard marriages alone, it's the least I deserve.

You ve had a hard life John.

I have nothing but empathy for you .

You are in Oman at the moment which is near Saudi Arabia I think and I hope there you don't start getting angry with people ,there is no need to be angry to people in the street ! 

On 3/21/2024 at 4:14 AM, georgegeorgia said:

Better to give than receive?

I'm don't think so GG 

I have been listening to YouTube videos on *how to be more selfish "

Im done with helping others sorry to say 

I guess that means you won't be sparing us your maudlin drivel then. Well, I figured it was worth a shot.

On 3/22/2024 at 1:34 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

The 26 years was how long I knew them, not how old they were.

In that case even less excuse for not being ale to look after yourself unless you have a medical condition or are too frail to work.