Russian woman blames period for assault on pregnant Thai shopkeeper

webfact

13 hours ago, riverhigh said:

The Kiwi and Swiss low-life morons, and now the Russian bitch. Not good!!! All these  individuals are relatively young and play the victim game to justify their actions. Similar to the Kiwis who were speeding without a motor bike license, ignored the check point and drove away, are now claiming to the NZ newspapers of being potential victims of "potential" police brutality. All of them are baby adults who throw little tantrums when they don't get their own way and get violent. Refuse to accept responsibility or consequences for their actions. 

Most of these arrogant people who come to Thailand have a superiority complex. They are literally treating their Thai hosts to being inferior , of less worth, and believe they can treat them  as unfortunately people from certain countries were treated a hundred years ago. 
The woman, and any  foreigner who uses unprovoked violence towards anyone , should be deported . 

• Thumbs Up 2

Sounds similar to something that happened to me in a bar in Pattaya that employed Russian go-go dancers.  One of the Russians hassled me for a drink and I had zero interest in her.  So she kicked me in the groin.

16 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

That should read "Will receive a prison sentence of two years and a fine of 40,000 baht.".

That sounds ok to me. Fair sentence for being stupid, coming to a foreign country and act like Putin.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Russian woman must pay the pregnant Thai lady all the pregnancy expenses if she wants her visa not to be revoked.

Υοu insult and endanger the lives of a pregnant woman and her baby and you say "pardon"🤬. Are you kidding us? You are not serious.

In firing range of wars across the world soldiers do not touch pregnant women and you kicked off a pregnant woman in super market? Swiss -New Zelanders and Russians ought to show respect and courtesy to Thai civilians.

The shame on you Russian "lady"!🤬 

17 hours ago, transam said:

Was the Russian bird guilty..........?      😋

If you read all the reports it turns out she 'kicked' the Thai woman in the shin.  But there was no clear indication of how much force she used, but I would bet it was very little.   

Anyway, she's been fined 500 baht and given a short suspended sentence, which is reasonable I guess although I really think the whole incident is petty and stupid. 
The Thai woman should have just let the Russian buy something and leave.  The whole take your shoes off to enter a shop is nonsense.  

I wear skateboard shoes (like Vans) that I can't just slip on and off, I need to set down and undo the laces to remove them, and then sit down to put them back on. 
Not everyone wear flip flops or slip off/slip on shoes.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

If you read all the reports it turns out she 'kicked' the Thai woman in the shin.  But there was no clear indication of how much force she used, but I would bet it was very little.   

Anyway, she's been fined 500 baht and given a short suspended sentence, which is reasonable I guess although I really think the whole incident is petty and stupid. 
The Thai woman should have just let the Russian buy something and leave.  The whole take your shoes off to enter a shop is nonsense.  

I wear skateboard shoes (like Vans) that I can't just slip on and off, I need to set down and undo the laces to remove them, and then sit down to put them back on. 

Nice dodge, the assault was proven......

And why should the hi-so Russian be given preference over everyone else..?

Do you take your shoes off at a residence where they all do, or a Wat, where they all do, or are YOU and your Russian lot special.....?

Gawd.............:coffee1:

Try learning something about the region, and not your Russian culture in LOS.. :ermm:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, transam said:

Nice dodge, the assault was proven......

And why should the hi-so Russian be given preference over everyone else..?

Do you take your shoes off at a residence where they all do, or a Wat, where they all do, or are YOU and your Russian lot special.....?

Gawd.............:coffee1:

Try learning something about the region, and not your Russian culture in LOS.. :ermm:

I have been to a Wat (a few actually) and did take my shoes off, however I was not wearing nice shoes that were a bit of a hassle to take on/off. 

I am a staunch atheist who thinks all religion is nonsense and that anyone believing in any of it is an idiot.  So I've only ever been to wats because I had to go with someone else (visiting friends etc). 

I take my shoes off to enter someone's house if they ask for it.  But I don't automatically.   

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Freddy42OZ said:

I have been to a Wat (a few actually) and did take my shoes off, however I was not wearing nice shoes that were a bit of a hassle to take on/off. 

I am a staunch atheist who thinks all religion is nonsense and that anyone believing in any of it is an idiot.  So I've only ever been to wats because I had to go with someone else (visiting friends etc). 

I take my shoes off to enter someone's house if they ask for it.  But I don't automatically.   

Glad to hear it, just pass it on to your Russian folk, save a lot of hassle...........😉

• Haha 1

Combination of circumstances. Bad behaviour by the Russian on a bad day for her, annoying shoes off requirement in what is clearly a shop rather than a private house, over-reaction by the 'victim' to what was more of a rude gesture than a kick. 

20 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

The reason that they do is because it is convenient when being polite and following the cultural norm in removing shoes.

Your entitlement does not mean that it is a stupid thing to do.