Missing Canadian found dead at central Thailand railway station

webfact

4 hours ago, dinsdale said:

To call out people for being disrespectful in my book is not a personal attack. Simply pointing out that flippant comments when someone has been killed IMO isn't particularly good form.

"Good form" isn't really an AN members' trait.

6 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I agree and have argued this point many times over the years on AN forums, this nonsense, RIP's to strangers.

They could be nasty people, criminals, Pedo's, murderers etc.

Why do these people want to do this, it really annoys me.

RIP is a religious term. IMO if one is dead one cannot rest or have peace because one no longer exists.

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

Should it be found that the construction intrusion attributed to his fall and fatality then one would expect compensation would be forwarded to the family, but TIT so who knows.

Should it be found that his smoking in an area in which it is banned (i.e. the entire train) contributed to his fall and death then one would expect compensation to be non-existent.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

RIPs to total strangers, from total strangers, on a forum that his family is unlikely to know exists (never mind care about the thoughts of its usually vitriolic, anonymous members) are, by definition, pointless apart from for the self-aggrandising, back-patting, virtue signalling RIP-ers.

Totally out of context and as parasitic as all your rubbish Lou.

I don't RIP anyone, just used the term as an indicator in this instance.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I lived there also, the worker would only see a few trains his shift. You don't know what you are talking about. 

How good is this forum, a Canadian dies and people want to stupidly argue about trains. 

Get a life LOOSERS. 

You've probably forgotten, but you're the one who started the debate about train numbers by disagreeing with me and insisting, ludicrously, that there is only one train a day on that line!

You haven't conceded, nor let it go, but have degenerated to name calling. Albeit you can't even get that right.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, dinsdale said:
42 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Er, an avoidable death was the outcome.

How very pedantic of you. Yep he didn't avoid the avoidable death.

Odd how accuracy becomes pedanticism over complete inaccuracy here.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

How good is this forum, a Canadian dies and people want to stupidly argue about trains. 

Get a life LOOSERS. 

Don't forget that you're one of those "arguing stupidly about trains"!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:
37 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

RIPs to total strangers

I agree and have argued this point many times over the years on AN forums, this nonsense, RIP's to total strangers.

They could be nasty people, criminals, Pedo's, murderers etc.

Why do these people want to do this, it really annoys me.

"Why do these people want to do this, it really annoys me".

Virtue signalling, that's all, there can be no other reason when they have no connection, whatsoever, with the deceased.  That, or they're wannabe clerics!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Don't forget that you're one of those "arguing stupidly about trains"!

Yeah, sadly I bite easily, bloody antagonisers. 

It's really weird, you make one silly comment about a guy having a nap in a strange place during working hours and all the looser want to attack you. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Old Croc said:
43 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

RIPs to total strangers, from total strangers, on a forum that his family is unlikely to know exists (never mind care about the thoughts of its usually vitriolic, anonymous members) are, by definition, pointless apart from for the self-aggrandising, back-patting, virtue signalling RIP-ers.

Totally out of context and as parasitic as all your rubbish Lou.

I don't RIP anyone, just used the term as an indicator in this instance.

My responding to your comment about "RIPs" was not out of context in any way.   You did admonish another poster for not "RIP-ing"!

17 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

You've probably forgotten, but you're the one who started the debate

Nope, WRONG. 

You started the debate, you were the one who replied to my first comment. 

You've probably forgotten, go back and look. 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I remember 60 years back reading a sign on an Italian train window, roughly translated, "it is extremely dangerous to put any part of your body outside the train while it is moving".

They were right!

Trains in Britain used to have (maybe still have) similar warnings for the extremely stupid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, worgeordie said:
58 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

This planet, not just Thailand, so many ways to die ,especially if not careful.

Your right Lou , but this was is a Thai forum , no need to correct every little thing.

There is when the suggestion (in a comment on a forum that has the tendency to bash Thailand unremittingly) is that it is peculiar to Thailand.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, worgeordie said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

This planet, not just Thailand, so many ways to die ,especially if not careful.

Your right Lou , but this was is a Thai forum , no need to correct every little thing.

No need to try to tell me what to post.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, webfact said:

The friends tracked his last known location near Klong Bang Tarn Station in the Banpong district of Ratchaburi province using his phone signal.

What does that mean?  How do third parties track their friend's phone "using its signal" without uploading some kind of spy app?   If I call a mate, there's no indication shown to me of his whereabouts.  

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What does that mean?  How do third parties track their friend's phone "using its signal" without uploading some kind of spy app?   If I call a mate, there's no indication shown to me of his whereabouts.  

I reckon the pigs prolly got onto mobile service provider and got em to ping his phone or some <deleted>.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Lou, I was just thinking before .. imagine the excruciating pain this poor guy must have endured.   

If the leg injury was so severe that he was bleeding to death, he'd probably have have been unconscious in a few seconds due to the lack of. blood/oxygen flow to his brain.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:
9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I reckon the pigs prolly got onto mobile service provider and got em to ping his phone or some <deleted>.

"Police officers and railway authorities set out a search party for Ryan but could not locate him.  The friends tracked his last known location near Klong Bang Tarn Station..."

So the friends must have been lying?  Wonder why? 

Edited by Liverpool Lou