Shell To Close 1,000 Retail Petrol(Gas) Stations By 2025 Greatly Expand EV Charging Network

20 minutes ago, milesinnz said:

You are living in an arrogant delusional bubble and don't have a clue what you are talking about...

Haven’t had your morning coffee? That was a bit harsh.

I never made any comment about Cambodia which everyone knows is a far poorer country than Thailand overall. I simply said that there is also poverty in NE Thailand.

I live close to the Cambodian boarder and see every day the big American Cars with Cambodian plates. The signs in the private hospital here are in Khmer and Thai as most of the patients are from over the boarder. There are clearly also a lot of  wealthy Cambodians who live close enough to do their food shopping in Thailand. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

We EV owners are not arrogant at all. Maybe a bit more progressive thinking than the ICE diehards. We aren’t virtue signallers either although which part of less airborne pollution is a bad thing?

You don't read the posts by the ev zealots do you... perspective is a funny thing... if you are skewed in one direction or another... anything out of your center of vision is also skewed.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

Haven’t had your morning coffee? That was a bit harsh.

I never made any comment about Cambodia which everyone knows is a far poorer country than Thailand overall. I simply said that there is also poverty in NE Thailand.

I live close to the Cambodian boarder and see every day the big American Cars with Cambodian plates. The signs in the private hospital here are in Khmer and Thai as most of the patients are from over the boarder. There are clearly also a lot of  wealthy Cambodians who live close enough to do their food shopping in Thailand. 

you don't understand Cambodia at all.. "and see every day the big American Cars with Cambodian plates".. these are the corrupt.. you can see Rolls Royces and other exotic cars regularly crashed in Phnom Penh almost every night - the drivers often run away or someone comes to collect them - some causing injury or even death to ordinary Khmer - where do you think the money could come from ? Cambodia is the most corrupt country in SE Asia.. and figures very poorly in the world ranking as far as corruption is concerned - I think even falling in recent ranking... I know Thailand is corrupt, but the dynasty in Cambodia is more akin to North Korea than Thailand. you were comparing the poverty in NE Thailand with the poverty in Cambodia.. I forget your exact words.. by any measure the poverty in Cambodia is many degrees worse than Thailand.. the recent news,,, I think I am correct in saying that Cambodia has the poorest mental health in SE Asia... why do Khmer cross the border in such numbers to work in Thailand in the lowest paid jobs if there is any sort of equality at the bottom of the social ladder  ?... why do people in Cambodia seek to go to Thai hospitals if they possibly can ? There have been a number of recent cases where Thai's have been lured to Cambodia to work in high paid jobs but as then imprisoned and forces to work scams - that is regularly in the news...

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

In our family there are 2 EV’s and an ICE.

Myself and oldest daughter have EV’s and they are used almost every day.

My youngest daughter has an ICE, and it’s been parked in my garage for four weeks since it was last used. An EV wouldn’t suit her as it would be left too long. Both my daughters are at university in Chiang Mai and they tend to always go out together in the EV down there, my youngest daughter only uses her car when she comes home for holidays and even then, not very often. It’s 4 years old with less than 10,000km on it. 

I have friends who are snowbirds, they only come to Chiangrai for the cool season, and an EV wouldn’t suit them being left in the garage for six months unused.

• Haha 1

On 3/26/2024 at 8:10 AM, Gweiloman said:

Just because you live in a rented room on top of soi Buakhao doesn’t mean others do. 

How clever!  Just revealing your true character for all to see.

On 3/26/2024 at 8:10 AM, Gweiloman said:

Your post script is obviously made up. Unlike ICEVs, EVs don’t line up to charge. You wouldn’t really know there is queue even if there was one as the cars would just be parked up.

Plenty of vids on YouTube showing EVs lined up to charge.  Wake up, you're living in denial.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/26/2024 at 6:33 AM, Bandersnatch said:

Put up evidence to support your claims.

“Put up or Shut up”

“Look at me how smart I am. I might not know anything about solar and EVs but I don’t need to waste my time doing research, I just make <deleted> up and you plebs believe me”

People can figure things out for themselves.  Unless they're desperately delusional & arrogant EVangelists.

• Sad 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

... well let’s just say that you would find EV charging apps a bit of a challenge

Yes, let's just say that.  A challenge to find any sane reason to have them in my life.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lee65 said:

Yes, let's just say that.  A challenge to find any sane reason to have them in my life.

If your daily transport is a ten year old Honda Wave, then you are probably right

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lee65 said:

Our 6 hour EV charging disaster...how is it still this bad?

Apologize if others have posted this previously.  Good entertainment for EV skeptics.

No, it's not in Thailand.

I was so pisssed when on a recent trip to the moon, I found there was no charging infrastructure… I had to catch a cab !

Edited by HighPriority
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

So, umm don’t.

Go find yourself a topic of interest.

The interest for me is not in the many glories of EV ownership but rather in the almost unfathomable mentality of those who promote it.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

I was so pisssed when on a recent trip to the moon, I found there was no charging infrastructure… I had to catch a cab !

Try watching the vid before commenting.

9 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

Whereas ice are the most glorious ownership experience… 🤦🏼‍♂️

Go suck on your tailpipe and get back to us… actually, don’t.

Leave us wondering what happened to you instead 👍🏼

There's that charming EV enthusiast personality again!

You birds of a feather are fascinating.  Nasty, defensive, childish .... but fascinating.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

Q at Thai CS is usually 1 car parked, possibly plugged into a slower charging cable, while 2 plugged into a fast cable.   I'm usually the first to leave, and there wait time (my experience any way) is never longer than 15 minis.

I've yet to encounter a Q,  need to wait, even on weekends.  I'm usually the 1st or 2nd to plug in, as the 3rd arrives.   We'll leave at 85-90-95% if someone is waiting, as at that point, no need really to charge more, as we won't be going that much further.  Very rare that we didn't top up to 90%.  And won't bother topping up past 95%, as that last 5% goes in way too slow.

More than enough for another 3 hrs on the road the next day, as we'll usually stop for a P or munch before any need to top up the battery.   Bu while there, yea, plug in, as takes 20-30 mins to take care of business.  Really no different than owning an ICEV for us.  At 30 mins, we're back at 90-95% in that time, so good for another 3+ on the highway.   3+ hrs is usually my daily limit on the highways anyway, when O&A.  

Of course if you're driving a 4-6 hrs stretches at a time, and need to be there ASAP, than an EV for over the road driving probably isn't for you.  Watch out for those speed cameras, as being enforced now.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Agree 1