Walking Street discos / nightclubs, why are all the usual places completely dead?

bbi1

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

For me most of the fun i had in Pattaya was going around the bars/clubs interacting with the girls and finally choosing one for the night.  Just picking a stranger  off TF and have her delivered like a pizza for a quick 30 minute shag is not my idea of a fun night/holiday.

That's old school. The new "in" is showing up quickly, rushing, then onto the next delivery waiting next door.

20 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Considering that hip-hop is played in nearly every club, Agogos, those street cocktail cars, other girlie bars, I guess the clubs you'd be going to are the Indian clubs, am I correct? But then again, even some of the Indian clubs will play some hip-hop too. So exactly which nightclubs are you going to? I don't think there's really anywhere that doesn't play hip-hop.

I live in Bangkok.  I've been to Pattaya a few times (of course) but it's really a sh*thole and seeing as I'm not likely to make any good friends there, I see no point.   I don't know about you, but I go out with friends and the goal is to meet new people and hopefully make even more friends.  I have a GF so I'm not interested in other girls, although it's nice to make friends with girls.

I like Sing Sing when they have a house DJ playing.  I don't mind if a place plays a bit off hip hop, but I only like dancing to House tracks.  

• Confused 2

21 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Considering that hip-hop is played in nearly every club, Agogos, those street cocktail cars, other girlie bars, I guess the clubs you'd be going to are the Indian clubs, am I correct? But then again, even some of the Indian clubs will play some hip-hop too. So exactly which nightclubs are you going to? I don't think there's really anywhere that doesn't play hip-hop.

That's why I only go to the live rock music places down there. There are only two good ones I have seen. Another reason is that if you are going stag (solo) it helps to have something to look at or talk about while you are meeting people, rather then just sitting at a table drinking and eyeballing people.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Henryford said:

For me most of the fun i had in Pattaya was going around the bars/clubs interacting with the girls and finally choosing one for the night.  Just picking a stranger  off TF and have her delivered like a pizza for a quick 30 minute shag is not my idea of a fun night/holiday.

I note the words "for me" meaning, just yourself, not everyone is the same, and "the fun I had" meaning past tense, probably before smart phones and apps. 

What you describe used to be fun, because it was the only show in town, pre smart phones and apps. 

Now, it can be quite a laborious and expensive task.  We  all know the tricks.  The one pretty girl welcomes you to the bar and hands you off to the other staff that are either old, overweight, unattractive, or all of these.  I just turn around and walk out, because even if you buy that one and only pretty girl in the bar a lady drink, it's gone in 30 seconds and she's out the front of the bar again doing the same, because that's her role in the business.  Gogos the same.  Buy one a drink and it's gone 30 seconds later and she says she has to get back on stage and dance again. 

Who says you can't chose one for the night off an app?  Short time / Long time, it's available and all negotiable, just like meeting them in a bar.  

I always ask for their LINE ID and do a video call with them.  If it goes well, we go for drinks, music, dancing, and then back to my place.  

We all know once you "chose a girl for the night" you get her out of her own bar.  Not much different, except no lady drinks and bar fine involved. 

It's like a dating website, but with a guaranteed result at the end of the night, and we know how popular dating websites are around the world. 

I still go to bars, the odd gogo, gentleman's clubs, and occasionally Soi 6, but I now have several girls in my LINE contact list that I "chose" initially off an app, and I am happy to see about 90% of them again for another night out whenever I want.  You don't have to go to their place of employment right on 6pm to pay the bar fine.  

Everyone is different.  Some like short time, some like long time, some like what I call anonymous s*x, like you get in a soapy.  That's no chit chat and drinks at all.  Smart phones and the apps have just added another option for mongers.  Some guys don't like the non a/c bars.  Some guys don't like the loud music and style of music in many bars.  Some guys don't like how pushy for drinks the bar girls can be.  Some guys don't like bar hopping for hours looking for their "one for their night."  Some guys have mobility issues. 

Not everyone using an app to get a girl is a Cheap Charlie.  Sometimes I have paid more for a girl off an app than a short / long time bar girl, but the girls have been very attractive, humorous, and good company.  

Gradually, I have seen more attractive girls go to the apps, than to work in businesses here.  Not saying that's a good or bad thing.  Just saying this is what I have noticed over some time.      

• Like 1

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's been happening for years, many girls online are working bar and just adding the bar fine on their price 

Yeah, I know, but you don't have to put up with bar hopping, and all the different associated bar BS and prices from different bar owners to meet up with a girl. 

Sometimes I couldn't be bothered and just pick up the phone. 

• Like 1

Are there any clubs around pattaya that have real live metal or punk bands, or hard rock even?

I'm tired of this cover band stuff. I want to hear some real shredding bands playing original stuff. Not famous bands on tour, but small up and coming bands that would play in small clubs.

Edited by JimTripper

On 3/22/2024 at 5:32 PM, bbi1 said:

Anyone know why are all the usual places completely dead and with no girls around?

Prostitutes now work online and they don't need to go and sit in bars all night waiting for customer's , you just contact them online and organise a meet up 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/24/2024 at 4:40 AM, scubascuba3 said:

For naked you have to go to Windmill Soi Diamond. That's pretty much the only one like that now in WS, a few others died during covid. Windmill 9,000 baht long time, more a deterrent than anything else

Never will step into either of those two Agogos they own again. Security are thugs. One and only time I walked into their club the thug outside raised his hand to strike me be because I walked in and saw how ugly the girls were and walked right out. On exit he raised his hand up with an angry face to strike me, but I didn't flinch and just walked away. Thugs in that place. That dude still works at the front door. I will remember his face every time I pass that place.

Edited by bbi1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/24/2024 at 5:24 AM, ozimoron said:

Tonight, Saturday, I went to walking street and visited the two most popular clubs. The street itself was quiet. At 8:30 there were only a handful of customers in the first club I went to then at 9 I went to the other club which was mostly full but I could still get a front row seat. Apart from handful of farangs who sat alone both places were patronised almost exclusively by Chinese and Koreans. Both clubs had only one girl each that I would consider were worth going there for.

Why did you go into a nightclub at 8:30pm lol, are any even open for business? I guess you went to iBar/Insomnia, I think that's the only one open early and they have a cheap drink promo because nobody goes to clubs so early.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Never will step into either of those two Agogos they own again. Security are thugs. One and only time I walked into their club the thug outside raised his hand to strike me be because I walked in and saw how ugly the girls were and walked right out. On exit he raised his hand up with an angry face to strike me, but I didn't flinch and just walked away. Thugs in that place. That dude still works at the front door. I will remember his face every time I pass that place.

I've always found them ok, it was probably you

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've always found them ok, it was probably you

No, it wasn't me. It was the thugs they hire at the door. If you walk in and see how fugly their girls are and do a u-turn out the door, the thugs threaten you with violence. Btw it was the 2nd club where the thug was at. Not sure if they employ thugs at the 1st club, but I'd guess it's same same as they are owned by the same group.

Never once in my life have I walked into a venue and the guards at the front threatened me if I did a u-turn because the girls are not up to standards. Only at Windmill this has happened for the 1st time in my life. Never will ever step foot in that place ever again with thugs like that at the door.

Edited by bbi1

5 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

No, it wasn't me. It was the thugs they hire at the door. If you walk in and see how fugly their girls are and do a u-turn out the door, the thugs threaten you with violence. Btw it was the 2nd club where the thug was at. Not sure if they employ thugs at the 1st club, but I'd guess it's same same as they are owned by the same group.

Never once in my life have I walked into a venue and the guards at the front threatened me if I did a u-turn because the girls are not up to standards. Only at Windmill this has happened for the 1st time in my life. Never will ever step foot in that place ever again with thugs like that at the door.

Probably best for everyone 😀

19 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Well I can imagine them not wanting looky loos wandering in and straight out.....I usually give them a single beer.... no excuse for security messing with you like that though. 

Marine 1 and Marine 2 used to be good fun. I also had good fun at the old Insomnia that was not in Walking st, it was up the stairs at the back of Walking St. Anyway, I suppose that's it if Marine isn't coming back or has been taken over by others, they used to play some good tracks, especially Marine 2, and I loved the space/roominess at Marine 2.

There's no way I am paying 340 for a beer or 490 for a mixer, I'm not cheap Charlie, I just use common sense.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sid Bream said:

There's no way I am paying 340 for a beer or 490 for a mixer, I'm not cheap Charlie, I just use common sense.

Darn, that is OTT. 

On 3/25/2024 at 4:39 AM, bbi1 said:

In December I went to Wind Mill a couple of times and I had to go somewhere else because neither the girls nor the atmosphere were like in years past.
The last time I went, you had to pay directly to enter. We turned around and left without entering. When they charge you to enter a place, it already gives you an idea that it is not a place where those who enter want to stay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Espanol said:

In December I went to Wind Mill a couple of times and I had to go somewhere else because neither the girls nor the atmosphere were like in years past.
The last time I went, you had to pay directly to enter. We turned around and left without entering. When they charge you to enter a place, it already gives you an idea that it is not a place where those who enter want to stay.

The pay before you enter has always been reserved for Indians, done at a few Agogos and Red Car pub, which has closed down. Didn't experience a pay to enter Windmill but when they hire thugs at the front door it's a place to never step foot inside anyway.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Espanol said:

I've never seen them charge anyone on the door and I've been in 100s of times.  Are you Indian? that may be a reason, they've had problems in the past

• Confused 1

On 3/25/2024 at 12:07 AM, scubascuba3 said:

I heard 70s was better

Was there much there then at all? I heard it didn't get really started till the 80s. I know there were a few places to stay, but that would have been it. It would have been a ways to go there then. It took 4 hours from Bkk when I started visiting and they had proper roads then.

Can't imagine GIs on R and R going there just to sit on a beach when they had GI bars and Patpong in Bkk.

15 hours ago, Espanol said:

When they charge you to enter a place, it already gives you an idea that it is not a place where those who enter want to stay.

It also is a result of the actions of looky-loos, who might wander in and do a circle of the place, get a free eyeful and wander out again. Many think they have a right to do that.... I recall seeing it happen at a different place where the guy stood and leered at the stage, waved off service staff, and a few security, until the manager marched him out by the seat of his pants. No ideal solution here.

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It also is a result of the actions of looky-loos, who might wander in and do a circle of the place, get a free eyeful and wander out again. Many think they have a right to do that....

In fact, when I go to a club, especially clubs like the Wind Mill with many areas, nooks and crannies, and two different floors, I do consider myself entitled to go in, see the atmosphere, and decide whether to stay or I don't like it and prefer to leave.

Given the drop in the level of clubs lately and the lack of atmosphere in many, I can try several clubs until I find one I like, sit down, order a drink and stay a while.

I certainly don't consider myself obligated to stay in a club if when I enter I don't like what I see.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Espanol said:

In fact, when I go to a club, especially clubs like the Wind Mill with many areas, nooks and crannies, and two different floors, I do consider myself entitled to go in, see the atmosphere, and decide whether to stay or I don't like it and prefer to leave.

Given the drop in the level of clubs lately and the lack of atmosphere in many, I can try several clubs until I find one I like, sit down, order a drink and stay a while.

I certainly don't consider myself obligated to stay in a club if when I enter I don't like what I see.

If you look at the ladies though, you should at least buy 1 drink 

On 3/25/2024 at 9:30 AM, Nick Carter icp said:

Prostitutes now work online and they don't need to go and sit in bars all night waiting for customer's , you just contact them online and organise a meet up 

Exactly. Or the B2B massages and Karaoke. I have not been to Pattaya in some years but What is left in the Chiang Mai foreigner oriented beer-bars mostly overweight. Desperate grans with grey hair. 40 something ladyboys who don't even put on makeup literally appearing like a man in a dress. Come on ladies at least put a bit of effort in