Biden campaign tests Trump’s name-calling strategy with ‘Broke Don’

Social Media

image.png

In a strategic move reminiscent of former President Trump's infamous nicknaming tactics, President Biden's reelection campaign has coined a new moniker for Trump: "Broke Don." This play on words aims to highlight Trump's financial woes and lagging fundraising efforts for the 2024 race, mirroring Trump's past use of nicknames like "Sleepy Joe" for Biden and "Crooked Hillary" for Hillary Clinton.

Trump's history of employing such nicknames against opponents spans his political career, targeting not only presidential contenders but also prominent lawmakers like Senators Elizabeth Warren and Chuck Schumer, as well as former Speaker Nancy Pelosi. While some of these nicknames have been considered offensive, others were simply meant as derogatory name-calling.

The Biden team's decision to adopt this tactic has sparked debate among Democrats, with some questioning its effectiveness. While the instinct to garner media attention and challenge Trump's narrative is acknowledged, critics argue that mimicking Trump's approach may not yield the desired results. Instead, they suggest that the Biden campaign should devise a more original strategy to counter Trump's influence.

Drawing on the wisdom of George Bernard Shaw's advice to avoid engaging with a "pig" in a wrestling match, critics caution against descending into the mud with Trump. They warn that such tactics could backfire and ultimately benefit Trump, who thrives on controversy and confrontation.

However, supporters of Biden's approach view it as a necessary response to Trump's bullying tactics. They argue that standing up to bullies requires a willingness to engage on their level and punch back when necessary. In this view, traditional notions of diplomacy and civility may be insufficient in dealing with adversaries like Trump.

Recent fundraising disclosures revealing Trump's financial struggles have provided fodder for Biden's campaign to mock the former president's predicament. Biden has openly joked about Trump's mounting debt, portraying him as a "defeated man" in need of assistance. While some may see this as stooping to Trump's level, others find it refreshing to see Biden fighting back against his opponent's attacks.

Critics caution, however, that while Trump has long embraced negative campaigning, Biden's approach may not align with his character. Unlike Trump, who has embraced sensationalism and controversy, Biden's demeanor is generally more reserved. This raises questions about whether Biden can effectively harness the power of negative campaigning without compromising his integrity.

Ultimately, as the 2024 election cycle unfolds, the clash of personalities and tactics between Biden and Trump will continue to shape the political landscape. Whether Biden's strategy of adopting Trump's tactics proves successful remains to be seen, but it underscores the evolving dynamics of modern political warfare.

Source

image.png

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think ‘Absent Don’ would be a better tag.

Has anyone seen him lately?

Perhaps he’s squatting at one of the newly acquired ny state property’s lmao 🤣 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

'I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.' : sometimes attributed to George Bernard Shaw.

I often feel I am only wasting time and energy with the seemingly illogical arguments posed by Maga World on the Trump related topics here.

Despite managing to stay clean, I must admit, along with the pig I like too.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

'I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.' : sometimes attributed to George Bernard Shaw.

I often feel I am only wasting time and energy with the seemingly illogical arguments posed by Maga World on the Trump related topics here.

Despite managing to stay clean, I must admit, along with the pig I like too.

Well said I know exactly how you feel

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

‘Losers’?

Yes, that's about the level of intellect, humour and maturity that I would expect from an insult from a Democrat.

Maybe they could hold their thumb and forefinger to their forehead in an L shape and stick out their tongue as they say it, you know, just to complete the look of 8 year old kid in the playground? 😄

No wonder you guys are struggling...

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Why don't you ever criticize Trump for the "childish name calling?" 

Because 80% of the media is against him. They lie about him. They cherry pick 1 line from a 2 hour speech. They call him a fascist.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Why don't you ever criticize Trump for the "childish name calling?" 

Last time I criticized Trump's language it turned out to have been taken out of context (the bloodbath remarks) so I am very careful about doing so now in case it is another fabrication from the left.

But yes, Trump does need to tone down his language on occasion. 

However, this thread is about Biden's team using childish language towards Trump so let's stick to the topic. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Last time I criticized Trump's language it turned out to have been taken out of context (the bloodbath remarks) so I am very careful about doing so now in case it is another fabrication from the left.

But yes, Trump does need to tone down his language on occasion. 

However, this thread is about Biden's team using childish language towards Trump so let's stick to the topic. 

What is Biden's plan for the future? All he does is whinge about Trump. A terrible potus with no vision. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I’ll take Trumps “mean tweets” over Biden’s incompetence and failed Policies.

I like his mean tweets.  He should be on the forum and make the liberals more crazy than they already are.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Dolf said:

What is Biden's plan for the future? All he does is whinge about Trump. A terrible potus with no vision. 

Biden doesn't really have a political future. Even if he wins in November (which he won't) he is too old to serve out his term. Unfortunately he is the best chance the Dems have of remaining in power so they'll keep wheeling him out for the odd speech until the elections. After that, he's done, irrespective of the result. 

Hopefully his family show him some compassion and give him the care he so obviously needs. Although looking at his family, that's highly unlikely. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Biden should just use Robert De Niro's words and call him a F**king idiot which is a fitting description. 

DeNiro is a sad pathetic old actor. Total nancy boy.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

Politicians are quite literally some of the lowest forms of life on the planet. 
Name-calling on all sides?  Immature, sophomoric, and juvenile.

Taylor Swift for President - that's as good as anyone else other than perhaps Minny Mouse or Alfred E. Newman.  I'll write one of those three in on my ballot in November.  :thumbsup:

Just now, Eric Loh said:

More from De Niro and again he is right. Enjoy.

Lying has become just another tool in the charlatan’s arsenal,” De Niro said. “The former president lied to us more than 30,000 times during his four years in office, and he’s keeping up the pace in his current campaign of retribution. But with all his lies, he can’t hide his soul.”

5 foot cowardly actor. Fake tough guy. Now an old nancy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1