“Strictly screen foreigners entering and leaving the Kingdom”, Deputy Chief of police

snoop1130

I am wondering, if all the deported people, would post the cruel, inhumane conditions in costidy and human rights abuse in all the social media.

It would mean totally face lose of all government officials in their beautiful uniforms.

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Screenshot-2567-03-25-at-15.43.11.png

As Thailand’s tourism industry roars back to full speed, and attracting many new nationalities to the Land of Smiles, there has been a noticeable uptick in cases reported involving foreigners violating the law. Statistically, the rise has not been significant, but the reporting and social media frenzy over recent incidents, is spurring the police and Thai immigration officials into a reactive stance.

Police now claim that some of the recent cases “pose significant threats to societal order”. So, Pol. Gen. Roy Ingpairoj, Deputy Chief of the Royal Thai Police, is taking decisive action. He has publicly issued a number of public directives to the Commissioner of Immigration, “mandating stricter enforcement of immigration laws”.

Even as turmoil swirls in the upper ranks of Thailand’s police force (the Chief of the Royal  Thai Police and one of his high profile deputies are currently transferred to desk duties at the prime minister’s office pending an investigation into allegations of corruption involving some online gambling gangs), Pol. Gen. Roy Ingpairoj has issued the orders that will, at the very least, shine a spotlight on some, or many, visa renewals, the issuance of new long-term visas, and greater scrutiny on tourists arriving into the Kingdom.

By Peter Roche

Caption: File Photo - Bangkok Post

Full story: Phuket GO 2024-03-25

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1000x500-3.png

I'm surprised at the numbers of fieignerswho are staying long term in Thailand on dodgy visas.

They basically are getting themselves jobs serving the tourism or expat communities that are simply not available to foreigners 

Dive schools, gyms, tour guides transport services. Msny of these people have highly dubious visas and work permits.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Screenshot-2567-03-25-at-15.43.11.png

As Thailand’s tourism industry roars back to full speed, and attracting many new nationalities to the Land of Smiles, there has been a noticeable uptick in cases reported involving foreigners violating the law. Statistically, the rise has not been significant, but the reporting and social media frenzy over recent incidents, is spurring the police and Thai immigration officials into a reactive stance.

Police now claim that some of the recent cases “pose significant threats to societal order”. So, Pol. Gen. Roy Ingpairoj, Deputy Chief of the Royal Thai Police, is taking decisive action. He has publicly issued a number of public directives to the Commissioner of Immigration, “mandating stricter enforcement of immigration laws”.

Even as turmoil swirls in the upper ranks of Thailand’s police force (the Chief of the Royal  Thai Police and one of his high profile deputies are currently transferred to desk duties at the prime minister’s office pending an investigation into allegations of corruption involving some online gambling gangs), Pol. Gen. Roy Ingpairoj has issued the orders that will, at the very least, shine a spotlight on some, or many, visa renewals, the issuance of new long-term visas, and greater scrutiny on tourists arriving into the Kingdom.

By Peter Roche

Caption: File Photo - Bangkok Post

Full story: Phuket GO 2024-03-25

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1000x500-3.png

I'm surprised at the numbers of fieignerswho are staying long term in Thailand on dodgy visas.

They basically are getting themselves jobs serving the tourism or expat communities that are simply not available to foreigners 

Dive schools, gyms, tour guides transport services. Many of these people have highly dubious visas and work permits.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

Like I have said in the past, we can't rely on staying here permanently, we are only guest.....we will never be Thai, so don't burn your bridges in your home country, you may have no choice but to return.

Or go to a more welcoming country in the region.

For example, Malaysia has a pretty good retirement program.  Philippines lets most countries stay there 3 years at a time with no visa.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, proton said:

“mandating stricter enforcement of immigration laws”.

Cracking down on agents paying bribes so IO's ignore the law might be a good start
😄

100% agree. Go for the Agents first. I wish there was am Agent reporting hotline.

Edited by Antiparovian
Spelling error
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Pull your head out of the sand (that was the nice version), this isn't about enforcing a few laws, it is a complete shift in policy from the new government.  Denying the change is ridiculous. 

Not if you're not paranoid or a big believer in conspiracy theories it isn't!

You could always explain what the new policy shift is and why it has taken place, that might help your argument. Thailand still wants to attract retirees and still wants the foreign sourced income they remit here, now more than ever. They don't however want the criminal and impoverished gamers that come typically come with it, you know, the border runners, the education visa holders who learn Thai or Muay Thai and certainly not the work at home and not pay tax mob. Oh yes, and they don't want the, I have 800k in the bank for a visa crowd who really have to pay an agent to pretend they do. So, let me be ridiculous and deny any change in policy, it's down to you to convince us that's what it is, rather than enforcing existing laws.

Edited by Mike Lister
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

No, previously there was no war Russia/Ukraine. Now a lot of criminals see Thailand as a refuge. And that is not the top of society but the bottom. 

And here's the dilemma: to have more visitors/money means to let more criminals in. 🙏

I would disagree,

Criminals are throughout society, in Thailand ALL the top people are criminals.

• Thanks 2

I am glad to see this policy come into effect.  Some folks just do not belong here.  They have no idea on how to party in Paradise.  The trouble makers are spoiled, entitled, cowards.  Example, they would  never fight cops in their own country.  They would respect a store if they say remove your shoes, etc.  I hope the Thais revolt and start taking actions against these folks.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am glad to see this policy come into effect.  Some folks just do not belong here.  They have no idea on how to party in Paradise.  The trouble makers are spoiled, entitled, cowards.  Example, they would  never fight cops in their own country.  They would respect a store if they say remove your shoes, etc.  I hope the Thais revolt and start taking actions against these folks.  

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

LOnger queues at the airport.. while in the meantime people are ordered to make it more convenient. Left doesn't know what right is doing again

But it is open-ended by not saying exacly how the stricter enforcement is to happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Antiparovian said:

100% agree. Go for the Agents first. I wish there was am Agent reporting hotline.

Why do you need a hotline why not just do it.?

Are you another who thinks these wicked agents are intimidating the hapless IOs.?

The PM go to Chiang Mai to meet square face.

Big joke is having to face a lawsuit and maybe will go to jail.

the chief of the police is transferred to the office of the PM

Square face is going to meet his party

Immigration is again anti foreigner 

I can smell a stinking rat here

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I would disagree,

Criminals are throughout society, in Thailand ALL the top people are criminals.

I didn't know you got friends there...👏

But in general your statement is wrong. It's fact that there are more criminals in the bottom of society.

The second part I don't know. I don't belong to those Hi-So.

Probably in almost every govt you'll find criminals.

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, Crossy said:

It's almost as if they really, really don't want us and our foreign exchange!

Quelle surprise!

Oh ,they most definitely want the "foreign exchange ", us in person not so much. 

If there only was a way to have us arrive at the airport, hand over our cash, and fly straight back to farangland.

• Like 1

Problem is if I had to go back to my own country I wouldn't be able to find as many ATMs - I'd have to just start throwing my money in the air (wolf of wall street FBI meeting :))

• Confused 2