“Strictly screen foreigners entering and leaving the Kingdom”, Deputy Chief of police

snoop1130

i'm surprised they don't have reasonably robust measures in place already, and the question is; would these new stricter measures have prevented entry to any of the recent high profile miscreants?

what they need is more focus on compliance once people are here, e.g. identifying and removing overstayers - it can't be that difficult, and stamping down on corruption between locals and foreigners - bit of a no-brainer you'd think...

Edited by it is what it is
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SbuxPlease said:

I think the photograph on the front of this is a bit old - from what I remember the guy seen is the husband of the Thai owner of a large visa agency. I think they found something like 100 cannabis plants upstairs (this was before it was legalized). After some negotiations he was released and the visa agency re-opened.

Sounds about par for course.

14 hours ago, Crossy said:

It's almost as if they really, really don't want us and our foreign exchange!

Quelle surprise!

No surprise indeed, considering how little those who get caught are contributing to the economy. Probably even negative contribution when they are working jobs reserved for Thais.

What do they expect, they want millions & millions of visitors/tourists,

of course the odds are their will be miscreants among them , and they know how useless the RTP are, they also know there is a lot less chance of getting caught here than in their own country along with little knowledge of Thai laws.  

1 hour ago, Mike Lister said:

Not everything is about you or farang, what if, just what if, the focus of their concern is the 3,700,000 other foreigners who are not farang!

Are you perhaps living in a different country?

• Sad 1