“Strictly screen foreigners entering and leaving the Kingdom”, Deputy Chief of police

snoop1130

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Immi does those things to stop the scammers.  That's the opposite of making life easier for the rest of us. 

On one hand, you're complaining about the effects of the clampdown, and then you're advocating more clampdown.

I'm in favor of a clampdown on the scammers, I thought that was the message I had relayed. You said they don't affect the quality of your life, I think they do because they force you to provide increasing amounts of proof for the same things.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

I'm in favor of a clampdown on the scammers, I thought that was the message I had relayed. You said they don't affect the quality of your life, I think they do because they force you to provide increasing amounts of proof for the same things.

I don't think the increasing paperwork (in all countries) is anything but increasing government control of the people.

There's nothing any of us can do to stop it.

Anyway the increased screening of foreigners ..... what are they going to do ........ scowl more at us ...... shout 'you come too often'.

There's no way they can increase scrutiny, apart from stopping all foreigners entering the country.

• Like 1

The only way to screen out "bad people" or "scammers" is to require everyone entering the country to produce a current Criminal Background Check.  This is obviously impractical (until AI is further developed) so all they can do is make it more difficult for everyone to enter the country!

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I don't think the increasing paperwork (in all countries) is anything but increasing government control of the people.

There's nothing any of us can do to stop it.

Anyway the increased screening of foreigners ..... what are they going to do ........ scowl more at us ...... shout 'you come too often'.

There's no way they can increase scrutiny, apart from stopping all foreigners entering the country.

They already photograph and fingerprint everyone entering and leaving.

What more could they do, DNA tests.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Callmeishmael said:

The only way to screen out "bad people" or "scammers" is to require everyone entering the country to produce a current Criminal Background Check.  This is obviously impractical (until AI is further developed) so all they can do is make it more difficult for everyone to enter the country!

What about people who come without a criminal record and then commit crimes in country?

How would they be predicted?

By more world govt and policing, surveillance, prying and intrusion on most peoples so called freedoms?

Edited by freeworld
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, freeworld said:

They already photograph and fingerprint everyone entering and leaving.

What more could they do, DNA tests.

As far as I know the Thai police/immigration have no access to government databases in our home countries.

So there can be no increase scrutiny.

Maybe they could start by stopping Thai immigration corruption and VISA agencies bribing them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

As far as I know the Thai police/immigration have no access to government databases in our home countries.

So there can be no increase scrutiny.

Maybe they could start by stopping Thai immigration corruption and VISA agencies bribing them.

Give over, next you'll be wanting same price admissions into national parks.

On 3/25/2024 at 4:57 PM, snoop1130 said:

As Thailand’s tourism industry roars back to full speed, and attracting many new nationalities to the Land of Smiles, there has been a noticeable uptick in cases reported involving foreigners violating the law. Statistically, the rise has not been significant, but the reporting and social media frenzy over recent incidents, is spurring the police and Thai immigration officials into a reactive stance

Now I understand why what happened to me at the airport happened to me.

What a bunch of useless pencil pushers 😄

Pretending to do something to please the boss...

Pathetic.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MrPancake said:

Now I understand why what happened to me at the airport happened to me.

What a bunch of useless pencil pushers 😄

Pretending to do something to please the boss...

Pathetic.

I was in thailand  within a 12 month period  3 month and 14 days all on visa exempt stamp

in winter i  had many stamps in passport within 2 month i was 2x cambodia 1x singapore 1x malaysis

never stayed even the 30 days

After 1 hour witing in donmuang, bcs 2 counters ipen and 2 chines planes in front

i was in a bad mood, given them only passport and not a smile , the lady started a lot of question  ( i done have boarding ticket only number )

and then she called the immigration ,a lot of blabla , they said i have to make 12 month visa or other ,i sayed cannot bcs not live in thailnd and normal T visa not fit

after can enter,..i ask them can i go again next week to vietnam..answer ,,better you stay here , it not sure can come again

#

after leaving suvanambum ( immi office) want to ask them , why ?? answer dont know ..ask when you back

really fed up from this immi checks, already since years come only a feww weeks per year, after 25  years in thai

4 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

I think they do. Because there are guys who play the system, Immi is constantly coming up with new counter measures to prevent them and those things affect us. This year I had to produce the bank book containing my one year Fixed Deposit of 400k, a letter from the bank confirming it had been in there for the past however long and a bank statement as well. 

Those of us that are married to Thai's must produce four photographs of husband and wife in different rooms of the house, including one in front of the house showing the house number. In addition two officers come round and check that the house we live in matches the photographs, plus, some even interview the neighbours to see if we really live there. 

Immi does these things because others have scammed the system so I say, stop the scammers and life will be easier for the rest of us.

The people you are objecting to do not do extensions based on marriage. Neither do agents.

9 minutes ago, saintdomingo said:

The people you are objecting to do not do extensions based on marriage. Neither do agents.

The problem is that once the rules are strengthened for one group they are strengthened for all groups. 

12 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

The problem is that once the rules are strengthened for one group they are strengthened for all groups. 

But they only appear to be strengthened for your group, which has always got the run around. Same treatment as people on multiple short term visas who are trying to stay long term have frequently had the run around. Not necessarily breaking any rules because the rules are vague and subject to interpretation.

For once I find a post of yours to be unsatisfactory and insubstantial, could you possibly give an example of that of which you speak.

Edited by saintdomingo

1 hour ago, lapamita said:

I was in thailand  within a 12 month period  3 month and 14 days all on visa exempt stamp

in winter i  had many stamps in passport within 2 month i was 2x cambodia 1x singapore 1x malaysis

never stayed even the 30 days

After 1 hour witing in donmuang, bcs 2 counters ipen and 2 chines planes in front

i was in a bad mood, given them only passport and not a smile , the lady started a lot of question  ( i done have boarding ticket only number )

and then she called the immigration ,a lot of blabla , they said i have to make 12 month visa or other ,i sayed cannot bcs not live in thailnd and normal T visa not fit

after can enter,..i ask them can i go again next week to vietnam..answer ,,better you stay here , it not sure can come again

#

after leaving suvanambum ( immi office) want to ask them , why ?? answer dont know ..ask when you back

really fed up from this immi checks, already since years come only a feww weeks per year, after 25  years in thai

Same here.

I was going to Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Malaysia. Always stayed there for 1 or 2 months before coming back to Thailand for 2 months 30 exemption+30 extension).

Yesterday as I was returning from a 1 month trip to Hanoi, I had to deal with the same exact BS. Watching an officer scrolling through my file and ask me the stupidest questions before threatening me of deportation.

What a joke...

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, saintdomingo said:

But they only appear to be strengthened for your group, which has always got the run around. Same treatment as people on multiple short term visas who are trying to stay long term have frequently had the run around. Not necessarily breaking any rules because the rules are vague and subject to interpretation.

For once I find a post of yours to be unsatisfactory and insubstantial, could you possibly give an example of that of which you speak.

Money required in the bank, in the case of a single person its 800k. But the notorious use of agents means people circumvent the rules and only have the money in their account for a very brief period. The consequence is that statements covering longer periods are now required to confirm the true existence of those funds.

This year, for the first time ever, my marriage visa now requires my 400K is proven not just by producing a book showing a one year fixed deposit, but also requires a bank letter confirming those funds, AND a statement covering the whole year. How many checks on checks are really necessary and why. Well, the why part is easy, because they don't always believe what they are told, because people try to scam the system.

On 3/25/2024 at 5:06 PM, Crossy said:

It's almost as if they really, really don't want us and our foreign exchange!

Quelle surprise!

Not really. What they are saying is they dont want trouble makers who break the law and you cant blame them for that. Only stupid countries like the UK and Europe want people with criminal records and intentions to come.

On 3/31/2024 at 2:13 AM, Photoguy21 said:

Not really. What they are saying is they dont want trouble makers who break the law and you cant blame them for that. Only stupid countries like the UK and Europe want people with criminal records and intentions to come.

I love these government is benevolent posts, which are often written by lifelong gov. employees.

15 hours ago, Cult of the Sun said:

I love these government is benevolent posts, which are often written by lifelong gov. employees.

Definitely I have never worked for the government and never will. Maybe you want everyone to enter a country unrestricted like in the UK and the USA to name just two countries. If you want whatever country you come from ruined just let anyone in.

On 3/25/2024 at 5:02 PM, bamnutsak said:

Not if they're leaving, right?

So it's national "do your job day" today?

And were they "laxly" enforcing immigration laws previously?

If they are leaving yes because they could be wanted by the police for a crime they have committed.

On 3/26/2024 at 4:44 PM, PomPolo said:

Problem is if I had to go back to my own country I wouldn't be able to find as many ATMs - I'd have to just start throwing my money in the air (wolf of wall street FBI meeting :))

Obviously nobody got my original joke 🙂