Job offer

Mika78

2 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Take the job. Move to Phuket alone. Scope the place out and see how the job fits, then move the family.

Planning life in 5-year bites is not a bad strategy.                                                        

Very good advice.

On 3/27/2024 at 8:07 AM, Mika78 said:

I don't go out anymore, cause I had enough of it. I become a gamer addicted, so I spent most of the money for update my flight simulator, buying consoles, etc.

The 20 yo daughter she is working at Texas on Sukhumvit, so I am not sure if she wants, in case, follow us in Phuket.

The others two kids are at Aksorn School

That's plenty enough. Take the job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

That is possible but it would be a first for me in over two decades of working overseas. Fact is you need a work permit, without that you can't legally work. If the company sponsors you for that and agrees to pay all your taxes and that is contracted and agreed with the Revenue, great. But taxes are individual and unique to the person/family and need to be tailored. For example, how many deductions/exemptions are you able to claim for children, insurance policies and a whole host of other things, does you company know all of that? And does your contract for them to pay your tax, absolve you of all responsibility, I seriously doubt that. Much more info. is needed on this for me to feel comfortable, but that's just me. 

Company I work for. Tax is taken from my gross salary and paid to the revenue department.

surely this is a fairly common arrangement world over.

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Company I work for. Tax is taken from my gross salary and paid to the revenue department.

surely this is a fairly common arrangement world over.

Yes, PAYE equivalents are common, even here. If it is straight forward PAYE then great.

But that wasn't the picture the OP painted, he was suggesting he had agreed a salary and that the company would pay his taxes in addition to, which appeared to be a separate part of the deal on offer. He wrote, "Thought the company paid the taxes" when promp[ted about insurances and deductions etc.. 

Edited by Mike Lister