Pattaya Is Already A World-Class Destination, Says Thai Real Estate Experts

webfact

22 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Pattaya — “Pattaya has already become a world-class destination and is poised for leaping growth in the next five years,” says Thai real estate industry leaders speaking at a seminar hosted by the Chonburi Real Estate Association.

The seminar, themed “Real Estate…Factors-Opportunities-Hopes of the Thai Economy,” was hosted recently, focusing on Pattaya’s growing appeal to both domestic and international tourists. The seminar saw the presence of numerous real estate leaders in Thailand, including Mr. Chanin Vanichwong, CEO of Habitat Group, who pointed out that “Pattaya is no longer just a domestic, budget nightlife destination, but it has already become a world-class destination.”

For example, Mr. Chanin said many major Thai corporations have invested in Pattaya such as the Land & House Group that brought to the city projects like Terminal 21 Pattaya, and the Asset World Corporation that is expanding its hotel portfolio into the city. Central Group is also investing in a community mall project, and Magnolia Quality Development Corporation is undertaking a large-scale mix-use development.

Mr. Chanin further revealed that Habitat Group itself has been a key player in Pattaya’s growth. He explained that ten to twenty years ago, Pattaya was just a nightlife destination, surrounded by industrial estates but now the landscape has changed.

This transformation is evident in the rise of high-end tourism around the city. Areas like Na Jomtien now houses several hotels that are more than 20,000 baht per night, while the Wongamat area features condominiums valued at over 300,000 baht per square meter. 

By Aim Tanakorn

PHOTO: Prachachat

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-04-01

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

SIAMSNUS

More fool those idiots willing to pay over 20,000 baht a night to stay in a dump of a place.

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya is no longer just a domestic, budget nightlife destination, but it has already become a world-class destination

What ever gave them this idea? There is almost nothing to do there during the day. Businesses in the tourist area do not usually open before 10. The only thing to do in the daytime is swimming or sitting at the beach or taking a chance with the jet ski scammers. Pattaya's fame is from their nightlife. Risque bars and massage places and nighttime shows highlighting the diverse sexually thailand has embraced. Not something you want to bring your family to go see. I recent walk down the beach and Walking Street still has many women waiting for you to walk up to them and offer money for their (uhh) services. Not something I would personally want my children, wife or GF to see. Scantily dressed woman standing in front of Go-Go bars encouraging only men to go inside. Thai men shoving pictures of price lists in peoples faces offering shows for sex with animals and other diversely odd sexual behaviour shows that is not shown on the main road. Cannabis shops every 100 meters.  Surely this is not what the people of the world see as a world class city. More like a Red Light district city. 

21 hours ago, mikebell said:

we are not allowed to say: Thai police are corrupt? Street dogs spread disease? Thai roads are dangerous? Thai Safety First practices are non-existent?  

You do not understand that there is a context issue... one way is to point out the shortcomings of Thailand (any country for that matter) in a constructive manner and offering opinions on how to make things better... then there is the relentless bashing of the people of Thailand with no core meaning other than to deride them... there is a difference.  

20 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

A bit like the RTP and their compulsory skin tight uniform. 

What's with that? Must be so uncomfortable in this weather... Oops I forgot, 95% of the time they're in an air con office. 

I've noticed the tight, fitted police uniforms after a few visits to Thailand.  My Thai wife said it's because most Thai men are very vain and want to look good so they have their uniforms tailored made. 

What else would you expect them to say at a Real Estate conference. "The outlook for the future is grim with pricing and demand dropping off. Sell now before a total collapse sees all of your invest lost.! Invest in a nother country

8 hours ago, noobexpat said:

Touring around pratumnak today and lots of building work around and new condo plots getting ready.

Lots of development.

Same in north Pattaya and Wongamat.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is this is a commercial for real estate? Let's turn back to 1978, when the real estate where crumbling down and collapsed the whole Asian region especially Thailand. The condos in Pattaya where still empty and the sales start picking up only when the Thai baht lost his value; nothing to do with "World Class Destination" rather a decision made by pure economic. Their again are empty and bankrupt condos, houses and other real estate in Pattaya and notable country wide. But off course positives image brings hopefully up the sales.

3 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

You do not understand that there is a context issue... one way is to point out the shortcomings of Thailand (any country for that matter) in a constructive manner and offering opinions on how to make things better... then there is the relentless bashing of the people of Thailand with no core meaning other than to deride them... there is a difference.  

The context is I live here & have done for nearly 20 years.  This is now my home & on such a forum as this anyone & everyone should be allowed to express an opinion without some brainless contributor saying go home.

So here's my constructive reply to the questions I raised which you could answer:

1 Thai police are lazy, corrupt & self-entitled.  The force should be dismantled and only the worthy allowed to make their way up the ladder; not by being a family member or buying a position.

2 Soi dogs (including those with owners) should be euthanised not allowed to dwell in restaurants/7-11s.  Thais pretend to care about hygiene lording it over dirty farangs all the while allowing their pets to defecate/urinate & cause accidents on EVERY soi in the land.

3 Thais roads are the 2nd most dangerous in the world; the daily road kill is shameful yet NOTHING has been done about it in my lifetime here apart from paying police overtime during 14 days a year.

4 Even someone wearing your rose-coloured spectacles can see there is little evidence of Health & Safety rules being adhered to; little signs of checks and service of machinery.  The Inspectorate must be bling, shameless and/or bribable.

All of the above suggestions are meant to save (Thai) lives.  I feel entitled to express them without some apologist telling me I can't express them but must tear up my roots and return to England.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mikebell said:

The context is I live here & have done for nearly 20 years.  This is now my home & on such a forum as this anyone & everyone should be allowed to express an opinion without some brainless contributor saying go home.

So here's my constructive reply to the questions I raised which you could answer:

1 Thai police are lazy, corrupt & self-entitled.  The force should be dismantled and only the worthy allowed to make their way up the ladder; not by being a family member or buying a position.

2 Soi dogs (including those with owners) should be euthanised not allowed to dwell in restaurants/7-11s.  Thais pretend to care about hygiene lording it over dirty farangs all the while allowing their pets to defecate/urinate & cause accidents on EVERY soi in the land.

3 Thais roads are the 2nd most dangerous in the world; the daily road kill is shameful yet NOTHING has been done about it in my lifetime here apart from paying police overtime during 14 days a year.

4 Even someone wearing your rose-coloured spectacles can see there is little evidence of Health & Safety rules being adhered to; little signs of checks and service of machinery.  The Inspectorate must be bling, shameless and/or bribable.

All of the above suggestions are meant to save (Thai) lives.  I feel entitled to express them without some apologist telling me I can't express them but must tear up my roots and return to England.

If those things bother you so much do something constructive... do you have a policeman friend? I do... in fact he vouches for me with the IO on my marriage visa... he is not corrupt and is frustrated at times with those that you paint with your broad biased brush... do you volunteer at a soi dog rescue... I doubt it... I do... it's not just about killing the dogs as you state... I bet you agree with murdering the unborn as well because they are a "burden"... Thai roads are no more dangerous than any roads in the world... it's a fact that the death rate is higher than most other countries... but the total number of accidents per population is lower than most... health and safety rules are not as prevalent as the western world but you live here because it is less expensive than the western world... there is a trade off... the western world with it's rules and regulations has priced itself out of contention... so worry about your own health and safety by being vigilant... "big brother" or "mommy state" hasn't spoiled that here... complaining and complaining seems to make you feel better so go ahead but don't expect a free pass from every person that calls you on it just because you feel that you're entitled.... hogwash.  

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, thesetat said:

What ever gave them this idea? There is almost nothing to do there during the day. Businesses in the tourist area do not usually open before 10. The only thing to do in the daytime is swimming or sitting at the beach or taking a chance with the jet ski scammers. Pattaya's fame is from their nightlife. Risque bars and massage places and nighttime shows highlighting the diverse sexually thailand has embraced. Not something you want to bring your family to go see. I recent walk down the beach and Walking Street still has many women waiting for you to walk up to them and offer money for their (uhh) services. Not something I would personally want my children, wife or GF to see. Scantily dressed woman standing in front of Go-Go bars encouraging only men to go inside. Thai men shoving pictures of price lists in peoples faces offering shows for sex with animals and other diversely odd sexual behaviour shows that is not shown on the main road. Cannabis shops every 100 meters.  Surely this is not what the people of the world see as a world class city. More like a Red Light district city. 

The year is still relatively young but I think I've found my nominee for AN's Most Clueless Post of the Year Award.  Competition is always fierce and, like the Oscars, it's a great honor, indeed, just to be nominated, but I believe you've got a very good shot at taking home the coveted prize this year.  Finger crossed!

You, like many others, including a number responding to this thread, are equating Pattaya as only having its, as you say, 'Red Light district' on offer to visitors.  Thus, your truly clueless comment that 'there is almost nothing to do there' during the day.   

Nothing could be further from the truth, especially for families--who can visit Pattaya and find plenty to do and not venture into the nighttime entertainment areas.  Pattaya is number 15 on Mastercard's most visited city in the world list for 2023.  15.  In the world.  That must make some choke.  Obviously, to be that popular, it is bringing in far more than just men attracted to the nightlife.  

Families visiting Pattaya are staying in Jomtien, Cosy Beach, and other areas south of the center city and they are, especially, staying in the north Pattaya and Wongamat areas.  That is easily seen with all the massive new hotel connstruction in those areas in the past few years.  This would include the new Amari family wing, Mitt Hotel, Ozo Hotel, Grand Centre Point at T21, D'Beach Hotel third highrise tower, Brighton, Cosi Hotel, Akar Hotel, Marriott Courtyard, and Centre Point Space, as well as many new, smaller, boutique hotels scattered all around this area of Pattaya.

These new hotels join other big hotels already there, including Dusit, Holiday Inn, A-01, Cape Dara, Siam@Siam, Pullman, and the huge Centara Grand Resort.  Business must be good.  Grand Centre Point hotel group, with the two very large hotels I already mentioned, has an even bigger third hotel planned for a very large tract of land by Cape Dara in Wong Amat.

Families could stay at a big resort like the jungle-themed Centara in Wongamat and find enough to do there to hardly need to leave.  But, there's plenty to do for families when they do go out.  Some choices:

Nong Nooch Gardens with wonderful gardens and entertaining shows for families

Universal Studios Aquaverse amusement park

Underwater World aquarium

Tiger Park

Brand new, very large go-cart amusement near Supalai Mare condo

Floating Market

Ramayana Water Park

Elephant jungle sanctuary

Ripley's Believe It or Not

Sanctuary of Truth

Day trips to outlying islands

Snorkeling, scuba diving, and other water activities

A number of nice golf courses

Teddy Bear Museum

Movies and entertainments at Terminal 21 and Central Festival

Mini Siam

While not by any means a complete list of what's available, I think the above is certainly enough to show that there are things to do in Pattaya during the day.  I've lived here 13 years and I'm still finding things to do.  If you ever visit again, maybe look around a bit more.  You missed a lot.

Edited by newnative
typo

On 4/1/2024 at 6:51 AM, JBChiangRai said:

Pattaya is a world class sex tourist destination and an open sewer for families traveling.

Plenty to do in and around Pattaya for families.

Typical drama queen comment. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

What Wongamat is in need of is access.

Yes, and it gets busier every year.  And, two huge new projects are on the way, Grand Centre Point 3 and Wyndham Grand.  Not to mention the new Arom condo highrise and other development going on.   North Pattaya Road needs to completely eliminate the parking to allow 3 lanes in each direction to help accommodate all the added traffic, especially on weekends and holidays.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, newnative said:

Yes, and it gets busier every year.  And, two huge new projects are on the way, Grand Centre Point 3 and Wyndham Grand.  Not to mention the new Arom condo highrise and other development going on.   North Pattaya Road needs to completely eliminate the parking to allow 3 lanes in each direction to help accommodate all the added traffic, especially on weekends and holidays.

Sadly the pressure seems to be on to allow more parking in town rather than restricting it more, as in the talk of using the water side part of Beach Rd. 

21 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

If those things bother you so much do something constructive... do you have a policeman friend? I do... in fact he vouches for me with the IO on my marriage visa... he is not corrupt and is frustrated at times with those that you paint with your broad biased brush... do you volunteer at a soi dog rescue... I doubt it... I do... it's not just about killing the dogs as you state... I bet you agree with murdering the unborn as well because they are a "burden"... Thai roads are no more dangerous than any roads in the world... it's a fact that the death rate is higher than most other countries... but the total number of accidents per population is lower than most... health and safety rules are not as prevalent as the western world but you live here because it is less expensive than the western world... there is a trade off... the western world with it's rules and regulations has priced itself out of contention... so worry about your own health and safety by being vigilant... "big brother" or "mommy state" hasn't spoiled that here... complaining and complaining seems to make you feel better so go ahead but don't expect a free pass from every person that calls you on it just because you feel that you're entitled.... hogwash.  

There's so many holes in your last post, I will have to yield. Never argue with the stupid, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with experience.

I am 81 & won't volunteer to neuter dogs; it's a pointless exercise.

I am entitled to express an opinion without being told to go back to my own country.

I have met a number of honest cops in my time here - that number is 2.  

I live here because my son has a business in Bangkok & because it's sunny.

I worry about everyone's safety on the roads  not just my own so I  can call out the lazy, ineffectual corrupt cops on behalf of all motorbike drivers from the relative safety of my car.

I do believe in abortion, as it happens, though I don't know what that has to do with a discussion about free speech.

Health & Safety issues should be part of any country's duty to protect its citizens; these are ignored as baht trumps life.

'complaining and complaining' if you say nowt, you are complicit with all the above points you quote above.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, mikebell said:

There's so many holes in your last post, I will have to yield. Never argue with the stupid, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with experience.

I am 81 & won't volunteer to neuter dogs; it's a pointless exercise.

I am entitled to express an opinion without being told to go back to my own country.

I have met a number of honest cops in my time here - that number is 2.  

I live here because my son has a business in Bangkok & because it's sunny.

I worry about everyone's safety on the roads  not just my own so I  can call out the lazy, ineffectual corrupt cops on behalf of all motorbike drivers from the relative safety of my car.

I do believe in abortion, as it happens, though I don't know what that has to do with a discussion about free speech.

Health & Safety issues should be part of any country's duty to protect its citizens; these are ignored as baht trumps life.

'complaining and complaining' if you say nowt, you are complicit with all the above points you quote above.

I'm sorry that you have such a miserable outlook in life... happy trails to you... 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/3/2024 at 6:19 AM, jacko45k said:

Sadly the pressure seems to be on to allow more parking in town rather than restricting it more, as in the talk of using the water side part of Beach Rd. 

Agree, and yes it's sad that's the attitude. 

• Agree 1