Scotland's controversial new hate crime laws come into force

Social Media

21 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

UN Relief & Works Agency.?

Why don't you use its well known by acronym ?

UNRWA .

The Scottish Government were going to make a donation to UNICEF , Humza convinced them to give the aid to UNRWA , Humza then met UNWRA representatives in Edinburgh and a few days later his family members were released from Gaza .

Some people came to the conclusion that the aid money was given to UNRWA for the release of his family in Gaza

Did they provide any evidence or was it all supposition? 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Did they provide any evidence or was it all supposition? 

I have no idea , it all went quiet after the initial suggestions and accusations .

There doesn't seem to have been any follow up to the story

3 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

What is contentious about this?

20240402_124857.jpg

Discrimination and hostility based on race, religion, disability and sexual orientation was already covered by existing UK legislation. Therefore, any criticisms centred on equality or the supposed curtailing of free speech could just as easily be directed at Westminster. Having said that, imo this Scottish law is contentious and a poor piece of legislation. 

If the Scottish government considered it necessary to extend the existing UK legislation to explicitly cover transgender identity, then wouldn't the first clause have been sufficient i.e the bullet point, "demonstrated hostility ... transgender identity" 

Imo the second clause, "been motivated ... transgender identity" is problematic. What constitutes motivation? Why introduce even more uncertainty into an already contentious area.

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I have no idea , it all went quiet after the initial suggestions and accusations .

There doesn't seem to have been any follow up to the story

You could weave a conspiracy out of that.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You could weave a conspiracy out of that.

I doubt whether any journalists would be willing to go to Gaza to investigate and ask Hamas whether they received a slice of the aid money , that's the most likely reason why the story want followed up.

Plus Humza has stated that only right wing racists  have doubts about where the aid money went 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

UN Relief & Works Agency.?

Why don't you use its well known by acronym ?

UNRWA .

The Scottish Government were going to make a donation to UNICEF , Humza convinced them to give the aid to UNRWA , Humza then met UNWRA representatives in Edinburgh and a few days later his family members were released from Gaza .

Some people came to the conclusion that the aid money was given to UNRWA for the release of his family in Gaza

Which people? Some people have come to the conclusion that the earth is flat. They are still wrong.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I doubt whether any journalists would be willing to go to Gaza to investigate and ask Hamas whether they received a slice of the aid money , that's the most likely reason why the story want followed up.

Plus Humza has stated that only right wing racists  have doubts about where the aid money went 

So the accusation stands because somebody makes it without evidence?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There would appear to be some aspects of totalitarianism that these guys approve of...

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Which people? Some people have come to the conclusion that the earth is flat. They are still wrong.

Can you show that no money was given to get his family released ?

It does seem extremely coincidental .

Hamas controlled the borders and the border was closed 

Humza sent some money to the group who have connections with the group that control the border and a few days later , Humza's family is let out that through border .

That does seem extremely coincidental .

Why did the terror group let Humzas family through the border ?

What happened to the money ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If the case when to Court , they could well get a guilty verdict based on circumstantial evidence .

Trump got a guilty verdict on less evidence 

3 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

There would appear to be some aspects of totalitarianism that these guys approve of...

Your constant agenda on all things relating to Scotland makes everyone laugh. Start another thread on independence again or the Camper van is a good source for a holiday. Or better still revert to your earlier post on Wee in the sea with Penny.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

What absolute drivel. Not worth saying anything more though as you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

All the old tough Scotsman I knew as a young Prison guard in Australia back in the 1980's,they were the most resilient , something like 70% of the jail in Australia was Scottish prison officers.

The bosses  old Jock and Pat Armstrong  would be rolling in his  grave  at this current Scots  generation of limp wrists 

They were toughest prison officers  I ever worked with ,the only ones who could stick out a job in a Sydney Jail for so long ,,a few went back to Scotland after they retired , mind you a few Irish prison officers too but they had short tempers unlike the Scotsman who remained calm under pressure 

This current Scots are weak 

I don't know what I'm talking about ,look at your country,Hamzi Hamzi is running it FFS ....but no one told you ....you didnt know ...not the smartest fish in the tank Johnny son , no one told you I know Hamzi blah blah is running it ...and he is even wearing a kilt ...what a joke 

Edited by georgegeorgia

13 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

When you have to rely on Paul Joseph Watson to make your point, I think you are giving away a lot more about yourself. What are you going to post next - Tommy Robinson or the EDL?

Oh Tommy Tommy.

1 hour ago, Kinok Farang said:

Surely they can still hate the English?

That chip on their shoulder is their birthright.

"They hate us" & "they all have an innate hatred of us" in the same post. Such a lack of self awareness...

8 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I don't know what I'm talking about ,look at your country,Hamzi Hamzi is running it FFS ....but no one told you ....you didnt know ...not the smartest fish in the tank Johnny son , no one told you I know Hamzi blah blah is running it ...and he is even wearing a kilt ...what a joke 

Do you genuinely not know our FM's name, or is this an attempt at humour? What is the issue about a Scotsman wearing a kilt? That's also less than clear in your post.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Can you show that no money was given to get his family released ?

It does seem extremely coincidental .

Hamas controlled the borders and the border was closed 

Humza sent some money to the group who have connections with the group that control the border and a few days later , Humza's family is let out that through border .

That does seem extremely coincidental .

Why did the terror group let Humzas family through the border ?

What happened to the money ?

When making an unsubstantiated statement, the burden of proof is generally on the accuser. You have made the same accusations several times and you have repeatedly failed to provide a shred of evidence to back it up. The very best you can do is say "some people suggest". 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, norfolkandchance said:

Your constant agenda on all things relating to Scotland makes everyone laugh. Start another thread on independence again or the Camper van is a good source for a holiday. Or better still revert to your earlier post on Wee in the sea with Penny.

What is my agenda? Should I restrict my posts to topics of which you approve? Maybe you can let me know in advance what topics you think I should be permitted to comment on? 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

This is kinda clicky-baity.

This fine gentleman was sentenced as an "habitual offender" ( two prior felonies) which under state guidelines tripled his five-year sentence for arson.

Arson usually carries a sentence of at most two years.  The hate crime enhancement raised that to five, as state law says a hate crime must be charged at one level higher, raising it from an aggravated misdemeanor to a felony, class D that carries a 5-year sentence.

He received 15 years, the maximum for habitual offender.

Interestingly, an Iowa LGBT group criticised the sentence was being overly harsh. 

"true justice should always strive to be about rehabilitation, reconciliation, and healing communities. It is difficult to see how a 16-year prison sentence accomplishes any of those goals."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1105131

17 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Hate crime , there's going to be plenty of arrests at a Celtic  Vs Rangers  match,

as they hate each other ...

regards Worgeordie

and what about the bigoted orange walks? There is not going to be either enough policemen to make all the arrests or enough space in the cells for all of the offenders.

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

When making an unsubstantiated statement, the burden of proof is generally on the accuser. You have made the same accusations several times and you have repeatedly failed to provide a shred of evidence to back it up. The very best you can do is say "some people suggest". 

It can be very difficult indeed to prove anything that the SNP are involved with, you don't have to look very far to realise that they are prolific shredders of evidence!

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

I know.

Some lad in England was charged with a hate crime for calling a police horse gay.

They only dropped the charges cos the media wrote about it and the public went bananas at how stupid it is.

All the police horses seemed quite happy to me.