Scotland's controversial new hate crime laws come into force

Social Media

Many Scots have taken to the streets already and the Scottish Police are worried that public opinion could turn against them.

For whom the bells toll they toll for the SNP.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, retarius said:

More lunacy. Making an insult into a crime. Progressive policies in action. 

Yeah, the whole Western world is going mad.

It is one of the things I love about Thailand, if I hate, for example, Brits, it is perfectly legal for me to say that.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Social Media said:

introduces new offenses targeting behavior intended to stir up hatred based on various characteristics such as age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, and transgender identity.

This 80 year old muslim gay tranny with one leg went into a bar ................

Luckily the Scottish police arranged online training (a 2-hour bore-a-thon) so that officers are well-equipped to identify 'hate crime' under this ridiculous law.

Police Scotland’s officers will investigate actors and comedians if a complaint is made under new hate crime laws.

Training, obtained by The Herald, states that material regarded as “threatening and abusive” under the Hate Crime and Public Order (Scotland) can be communicated “through public performance of a play.”

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/24194006.police-scotland-hate-crime-training-leaked/

It's all Orwellian in the truest sense of the word.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Scotland rapidly becoming the most censorious, authoritarian country in the West. At least they picked the right date to implement the new laws.

I wonder if Humza Yousaf will be called up on this for his hateful speech about having too many white people in Scotland? Can you imagine standing up in Thailand's parliament and complaining about all the SE Asians in Thailand? 😄

Don't feed the hate monster Humza.  😄

Humza Yousaf , is that the guy who sent tax payers money to Gaza for the release of some members of his family and they flew to Scotland ? .

There were suggestions that he sent Scottish tax payers money to Hamas  in Gaza and they freed or allowed his family to leave Gaza .

The story was quickly hushed up when Scotland was accused of paying terror groups for the release of hostages 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Unfortunately the British people don't stick together and thus their country is in <deleted>e 

They criticism of immigration then they use  criticism against that bloke trying to stop it ...Tommy or whatever his name was 

Blame it on yourselves , you let your country go 

There's no Scotland anymore 

"Oh he 's no good mate ya know what I mean " they said in their pommy accents 

"Ya know what I mean mate "

Edited by georgegeorgia

1 minute ago, FruitPudding said:

You think making speech illegal is okay?

Scotland doesn't have freedom of speech anymore.

Banning words is not acceptable. 

So do you disagree with the excerpt of the hate crime law I posted?

JK Rowling has challenged Scotland's new hate crime law in a series of social media posts - inviting police to arrest her if they believe she has committed an offence.

The Harry Potter author, who lives in Edinburgh, described several transgender women as men, including convicted prisoners, trans activists and other public figures.

She said "freedom of speech and belief" was at an end if accurate description of biological sex was outlawed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c51j64lk2l8o

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Do you have evidence that the FM used taxpayers' money to release his family? 

No , he is a fine Scotsman 😂

What a laugh that country is 

Scots used to be tough union guys once , they used to be prison officers in Australia in the 1980's

What a weak generation of Scots people this one is 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Do you have evidence that the FM used taxpayers' money to release his family? 

He used Scottish tax payers money to make a donation to a Gaza group that has connections to Hamas and a few days later Hamas allowed his relatives to leave Gaza . 

He does claim that the money donation and his relatives being released were not connected and Hamas didn't receive any of the money . 

I wondered what happened next , was there any investigation into the matter ?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Unfortunately the British people don't stick together and thus their country is in <deleted>e 

They criticism of immigration then they use  criticism against that bloke trying to stop it ...Tommy or whatever his name was 

Blame it on yourselves , you let your country go 

There's no Scotland anymore 

"Oh he 's no good mate ya know what I mean " they said in their pommy accents 

"Ya know what I mean mate "

What absolute drivel. Not worth saying anything more though as you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

• Thanks 1

The Scottish Government donated money to the Gaza relief efforts of the UN Relief & Works Agency. The UK government also gave them money. What is your point?

Is that what they told you.😂😂😂

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, FruitPudding said:

Of course, I do.

Then if you are living in either England or Wales, I suggest you write a strongly worded letter to your MP - but do not stray outside the boundaries of the guidelines I posted or you could find yourself in trouble. 

You see, the excerpt I posted is not the Scottish legislation, but that which already exists in England and Wales. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Wobblybob said:

It gets even better, innumerable people have reported Humza Yousaf for his hate speech.😂😂😂😂

When you have to rely on Paul Joseph Watson to make your point, I think you are giving away a lot more about yourself. What are you going to post next - Tommy Robinson or the EDL?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

Then if you are living in either England or Wales, I suggest you write a strongly worded letter to your MP - but do not stray outside the boundaries of the guidelines I posted or you could find yourself in trouble. 

You see, the excerpt I posted is not the Scottish legislation, but that which already exists in England and Wales. 

I know.

Some lad in England was charged with a hate crime for calling a police horse gay.

They only dropped the charges cos the media wrote about it and the public went bananas at how stupid it is.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

The Scottish Government donated money to the Gaza relief efforts of the UN Relief & Works Agency. The UK government also gave them money. What is your point?

UN Relief & Works Agency.?

Why don't you use its well known by acronym ?

UNRWA .

The Scottish Government were going to make a donation to UNICEF , Humza convinced them to give the aid to UNRWA , Humza then met UNWRA representatives in Edinburgh and a few days later his family members were released from Gaza .

Some people came to the conclusion that the aid money was given to UNRWA for the release of his family in Gaza

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Unless you have evidence to the contrary, I see no reason to think otherwise.

He went against official advice he was given and sent £250,000 of tax payers money to UNRWA. I have never ever met a person with so much denial!

The First Minister stepped in after officials recommended a £100,000-£200,000 donation to Unicef, the United Nations agency which provides humanitarian aid to children, to fund water programmes in Gaza.

He overruled their advice, declaring that £250,000 of taxpayers’ money should instead be given to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA), the biggest international aid agency operating in Gaza, which has been criticised over alleged links to Hamas.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2024/03/08/humza-yousaf-gave-250k-gaza-despite-official-advice/

7 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

When you have to rely on Paul Joseph Watson to make your point, I think you are giving away a lot more about yourself. What are you going to post next - Tommy Robinson or the EDL?

Keep digging!

9 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

I know.

Some lad in England was charged with a hate crime for calling a police horse gay.

They only dropped the charges cos the media wrote about it and the public went bananas at how stupid it is.

That was in 2006 and he was arrested for making homophobic remarks which could cause public offence 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

So which is it - you took the quote out of context to score cheap, tawdry points, or you simply didn't bother to to understand the context of his speech? 

We understood both the context and the content of this racist speech. Because it happened long before the latest Scottish legislation it needs to be referred to the UK police referencing the UK hate crimes laws.

6 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

He went against official advice he was given and sent £250,000 of tax payers money to UNRWA. I have never ever met a person with so much denial!

The First Minister stepped in after officials recommended a £100,000-£200,000 donation to Unicef, the United Nations agency which provides humanitarian aid to children, to fund water programmes in Gaza.

He overruled their advice, declaring that £250,000 of taxpayers’ money should instead be given to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA), the biggest international aid agency operating in Gaza, which has been criticised over alleged links to Hamas.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2024/03/08/humza-yousaf-gave-250k-gaza-despite-official-advice/

Some of those UNRWA employees were found to have taken part in the Oct 7 th terrorist  attack .

They were members of Hamas and on the UNRWA pay roll and Humza sent them some money and his relatives flew from Gaza to Scotland soon after .

He claims that that was just coincidental and the aid money had nothing to do with his relatives being released from Gaza

• Agree 1

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

Some of those UNRWA employees were found to have taken part in the Oct 7 th terrorist  attack .

They were members of Hamas and on the UNRWA pay roll and Humza sent them some money and his relatives flew from Gaza to Scotland soon after .

He claims that that was just coincidental and the aid money had nothing to do with his relatives being released from Gaza

It stinks to the high heavens and needs an immediate inquiry, the misuse of tax payers money is a serious offence but nothing seems to apply to the SNP.

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Hate crime , there's going to be plenty of arrests at a Celtic  Vs Rangers  match,

as they hate each other ...

regards Worgeordie

But they are only insulting white, working class catholics/protestants.

Nobody cares about them.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1