Boy, 11, declines HIV test knowing partner’s positive status

snoop1130

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

genital discharge isn't a symptom of HIV!

In the case of an 11 year old it is a symptom of being sexually abused and therefore should be investigated. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

My ex's family has been trying to break up a relationship between their 17 years-old-daughter and a 12-year-old boy. His family blatantly refused to help claiming it was the girl who went after their son, so they weren't interested in the matter. 

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I await the next news-blip about the foreigner that has had enough of TH, and left, only to return, since his GF begged & cried so much, that the right thing to do was come back ... :coffee1:

Seam to recall reading of a Bob Smith who had just that situation only yesterday.

7 hours ago, Poseidon said:

On what planet does a 11 year old get to refuse life saving treatment!. It's 2024 hiv needs treatment if he is to have a long lifespan. That is the bigger question nevermind the sex education 

Up to him ,His body, His Say . 

Same as Cancer treatment  ,They Can't Make one take the 

Chemotherapy.  Radiation therapy. 

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I would have been unusual in an 11 year old boy.

CDC states chances of a male catching HIV from an infected female is 1 in 2500.

So he'd need to have been banging her every day since he was 8 to have a 50% chance of infection.

So he'd need to have been banging her every day since he was 8 to have a 50% chance of infection....Who KNOWS Maybe he Has !!

6 minutes ago, 747man said:

But it takes 2 to Tango.....

And sometimes, and especially in this case, that boy doesn't have the mental capacity to make a rational decision as far as sex is concerned. Most of the blame is on the girl, the rest falling on the (absent?) parents.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

that boy doesn't have the mental capacity to make a rational decision as far as sex is concerned

...M8, He Does if he's Mentally Capable.....

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, 747man said:

So he'd need to have been banging her every day since he was 8 to have a 50% chance of infection....Who KNOWS Maybe he Has !!

I'm thinking he was being facetious in his reply. The first encounter can mean a STD. Ray Gillen, singer from Badlands, died from Aids from being with a few groupies. Supposedly knowingly passed it on and a few caught it and one died. Never know when it will happen.

6 minutes ago, 747man said:

...M8, He Does if he's Mentally Capable.....

That's just it, he's not mentally capable of making a rational decision regarding having sex. This kind of warped thinking is why so many girls here have babies with young boys who will never stick around after the baby is born, which leads to a cycle of repeat again and again. Kids without dads suffer from many problems, one of them not knowing what to do with a girl besides have sex and leave. Future generations without responsible parents will make this world a whole lot worse. The breakdown of the family unit is a major reason it's been going downhill for so many decades.

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

That's just it, he's not mentally capable of making a rational decision regarding having sex.

So,YOU Know the Boy Personally then ??

29 minutes ago, 747man said:

So,YOU Know the Boy Personally then ??

Most men mature emotionally by the age of 25. Some take longer. I'm guessing you never had children so don't understand how fast they mature. I've had 6, and all, minus the 7 year old I have now who is still  too young to consider, were very immature until their later teen years, almost 20. They made bad decisions regarding the other gender and it brought them big trouble, especially the girls. This after me trying to teach them what boys are looking for. Learning on your own is a teaching tool but you do learn the hard way. A boy at 11 knows nothing about girls besides what he's heard from other boys, unless he's been molested by someone or has seen his mother or father having sex and is curious. You don't have to know anyone personally if you know psychology. It is a study of human behavior. People all act alike in many ways. There are only a few personality types that all humans fall into. 16 to be exact. Being sexually active at age 11 is a major problem. Of course sperm isn't produced until puberty but the mental issues involved go deep if this is happening.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ignorance is bliss.

Might not want to be tested, claiming that he is certainly infected as well. So that later on, he can just act as if he might not be infected after all....

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

So he'd need to have been banging her every day since he was 8 to have a 50% chance of infection.

Theoretical correct, but he also could had sex 1 time with a HIV female which could lead to become HIV as well.

a change of 0.04% still could be on the first contact or even not become after 10'000 contacts.

16 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

There are usually more to these stories than initially told .

He could be covering for someone , being forced to tell that story .

But...but it's on BookFace soon to be a Wikipedia entry......😋

Story of an 11-year-old boy with HIV ignites social media

main-15.png

An 11-year-old boy, who reportedly told a doctor that he intentionally got infected with HIV from his 18-year-old girlfriend “to become buddies”, has caused an uproar on social media, according to the “Aggressive not Doctor” web page.

A post on the page on Monday told the story of an unidentified boy who visited a doctor with a venereal infection. The doctor, whose name was not mentioned, suggested an HIV test, but the boy reportedly told the doctor that there was no need for test because he had willingly exposed himself to the disease, so he could become infected like his 18-year-old girlfriend.

The story attracted many comments, most of which expressed concern for the boy.

Full story: Thai PBS 2024-04-02

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

SIAMSNUS

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I would expect it to be a fair suggestion actually. CDC has nothing to do with it in Thailand and I did not read what sexual preferences the boy had, may not have been all and just the one 18yo or simply vaginal.

Being aware of his HIV status and reducing the chance of him passing anything on by starting some medication strikes me as wise. 

• Sad 1