Truth Social shares go into freefall after investors learn how much money it really makes

Social Media

9 minutes ago, BigStar said:

You wish. Trump didn't depend on Truth Social before and he doesn't now. Merely leftist hyperbole and an irrelevant distraction.

What's a dodgy media outlet got to do with his reelection effort? Bizarre deflection

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, BigStar said:

A revision of the old indictment that will need new litigation, and the case won't be resolved before the election. Nobody's much concerned about that.

Truth Social was an alternative to Twitter when Twitter was controlled by leftist operatives. Since Musk, TS doesn't fulfill any compelling need, and the share price reflects that realization.

So that's why the folks at Trump Media wereaccusing short sellers of conspiring to drive down the price of the stock?

37 minutes ago, BigStar said:

A revision of the old indictment that will need new litigation, and the case won't be resolved before the election. Nobody's much concerned about that.

Truth Social was an alternative to Twitter when Twitter was controlled by leftist operatives. Since Musk, TS doesn't fulfill any compelling need, and the share price reflects that realization.

And how thoughtful of trump not to warn as many supporters who bought the stock when they went public that in fact it was doomed? Good thing he doesn't know the majority of the shares which he got for free because otherwise people might accuse him of being a grifter... oh, wait a minute...

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Is this the same media company valued at 5 BILLION USD?

I think you'll find that IT consulting and software licensing expenses linked to the new TV streaming service are the cause of the loss.

But the company will easily stomach those losses, they're playing a long term game.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/08/12/business/trump-medias-massive-bet-could-fix-its-biggest-problem-it-brings-in-almost-no-money/index.html

I wouldn't mind if my assets shrink from 6.9 to 2.9 billion USD lol!

Edited by Cameroni
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Is this the same media company valued at 5 BILLION USD?

I think you'll find that IT consulting and software licensing expenses linked to the new TV streaming service are the cause of the loss.

But the company will easily stomach those losses, they're playing a long term game.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/08/12/business/trump-medias-massive-bet-could-fix-its-biggest-problem-it-brings-in-almost-no-money/index.html

Best get back on topic.

Screenshot_20240828_171856_Iron.jpg.9979fcb8bf82a445acbcaf73ac8f6a91.jpg

Edited by gargamon
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/2/2024 at 12:57 AM, Social Media said:

Former President Donald Trump, who holds a significant stake in the company, saw his personal wealth take a hit as a result of the stock decline. Trump's stake in Trump Media, which amounts to approximately 57% of all outstanding shares, plummeted from a peak of $6.25 billion to $4.25 billion

My God, only 4.25 billion USD now? How will he pay his electricity bill?

Poor guy, only 4.25 billion USD from ONE of his companies. He's clearly in the poor house, LOL....

You guys cannot be serious.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Just what I said.

Financial experts have said DJT shares serve as a way for investors to bet on Trump’s chances of winning the presidential election in November. But the stock has fallen consistently since President Joe Biden ended his reelection campaign and Vice President Kamala Harris stepped up as the nominee.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Just what I said.

Financial experts have said DJT shares serve as a way for investors to bet on Trump’s chances of winning the presidential election in November. But the stock has fallen consistently since President Joe Biden ended his reelection campaign and Vice President Kamala Harris stepped up as the nominee.

It definitely didn't help when Trump started to use twitter again either.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

He had to go back to Twitter because his audience on Truth Social was small, and shrinking.

DJT is worthless. Any company posting revenue of $800K and expenses of $16 million is.

I don't feel sorry for the people who bought at $70, they were mugs who believed Trump.

Well I do feel sorry for them. I remember one elderly gentleman who doubled down during the first collapse and claimed that Trump must have some super clever plan that he's waiting to spring on the world.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well I do feel sorry for them. I remember one elderly gentleman who doubled down during the first collapse and claimed that Trump must have some super clever plan that he's waiting to spring on the world.

Like the clever plan for a beautiful  wall, or the health plan that never happened when he was President?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This dog has dropped below $20. Will that trigger another wave of support buying, or have the Trumpers given up on this one?

What would be the impact of Trump trying unload a hundred million shares on the market?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

This dog has dropped below $20. Will that trigger another wave of support buying, or have the Trumpers given up on this one?

What would be the impact of Trump trying unload a hundred million shares on the market?

And it closed for the day below $20

Trump Media stock falls below $20 per share, a first since company went public

image.png.d686892dd040b9d8e814667f4ba4729c.png

https://www.google.com/search?q=djt+stock+price&oq=djt&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqBggAEEUYOzIGCAAQRRg7MgYIARBFGDsyBggCEEUYOTIGCAMQRRhAMgYIBBBFGDsyBggFEEUYPDIGCAYQRRg8MgYIBxBFGDzSAQgyMDg1ajBqN6gCCLACAQ&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/08/28/djt-trump-media-stock-falls-below-20-per-share-for-first-time.html

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Trump’s behind in the polls. Spending a lot on legal fees. And perhaps, a huge penalty coming soon.

Like fleas jumping off a dying dog. :cheesy:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Just wait until the lock-up period expires 20 Sep.  That's when Trump and the insiders can start selling shares.  Trump almost has no choice but to dump a good portion of his stake or watch his money go down the toilet.  But by doing so, the stock will keep going down into the single digits.  When Trump loses the election in November, this turd will be in the pennies.

My question is what would be the market's immediate reaction to a large stock dump by Trump? Would his sell order be met by bids at the current market rate, or would everyone immediately low-ball knowing the probable stock price dive?

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

My question is what would be the market's immediate reaction to a large stock dump by Trump? Would his sell order be met by bids at the current market rate, or would everyone immediately low-ball knowing the probable stock price dive?

If I had to guess, I'd say they'll low-ball the cr*p out of this thing.  It's going to be a matter of supply and demand.  I doubt the retail pissants, aka Trump supporters, will be able to absorb the volume of sales and the price would have to come down.  How hard and fast, we shall see. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I'd say Trump will have a hard time selling that many stocks on the open market. There won't be enough demand to purchase the amount of shares he has for sale and the price will plummet.

If he was smart financially, and we know he isn't because of all the bankruptcies, he would have been buying put options with a strike date after Sept 20, guaranteeing the sale price. One could check the outstanding options to see if it's happening, but I'm too lazy to expend that much effort on Trump's financial woes.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, gargamon said:

I'd say Trump will have a hard time selling that many stocks on the open market. There won't be enough demand to purchase the amount of shares he has for sale and the price will plummet.

If he was smart financially, and we know he isn't because of all the bankruptcies, he would have been buying put options with a strike date after Sept 20, guaranteeing the sale price. One could check the outstanding options to see if it's happening, but I'm too lazy to expend that much effort on Trump's financial woes.

Those put options would be public information, putting enormous downward pressure on share price.

Moreover, Trump is crazy, and no one would accept his proposed sell price, because it would be higher than the current share price.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Agree 1