The Best Burger in Bangkok

Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2024 at 7:39 PM, Gottfrid said:

So, first you are from the US and an expert on burgers just because that. After you remember different places where you eat other food and where they are best. Do you write it down in a book?

No I have a memory. Try it...

Edited by stats
flame comment removed
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Burgers in Bangkok?  

There’s a burger place down on Sukhumvit Soi 11 that’s pretty good. I forget the name.

And the Zest bar/restaurant inside the Westin Grand Sukhumvit has some pretty good steak sliders, if that counts.

Prime Burger is also good.

IMG_1225.jpeg

IMG_1269.jpeg

A pizza burger, not from Bangkok but from Sukhothai of all places. Surprisingly good quality pizza, they wrap the burger in pizza dough and add cheese and pizza sauce and bake it in the pizza oven. It is very very good.

IMG_20230531_122128.jpg

5 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

A pizza burger, not from Bangkok but from Sukhothai of all places. Surprisingly good quality pizza, they wrap the burger in pizza dough and add cheese and pizza sauce and bake it in the pizza oven. It is very very good.

IMG_20230531_122128.jpg

Nice. Not a "real" burger but a fab variation. In the US its called a calzone LOL

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Yagoda said:

Nice. Not a "real" burger but a fab variation. In the US its called a calzone LOL

It's not a calzone or even close, it's an attempt to be a pizza burger and succeeds on several fronts.

3 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

It's not a calzone or even close, it's an attempt to be a pizza burger and succeeds on several fronts.

I dont doubt that it doesnt, Ive had them before and they are killer, try one with bacon. The version you show is nice and cheesy too.

But still a calzone, viz: a variation of an italian dish that is essentially pizza dough stuffed and folded over , baked.

On 4/2/2024 at 11:11 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Speaking as a lifelong Californian, we don't really do eggs on hamburgers as a general rule... That's more of a British thing.

Err not British. Blame the Australians for eggs on burgers.

I think I had what was probably the worst burger in Bangkok, earlier today.  I can’t say from where, but it was awful.  After two bites, I stopped. 

I wonder how many restaurants survive by feeding customers junk food?  I don’t mind paying well for good food, but it would be nice to actually get it once in a while.

1 hour ago, still kicking said:

Nonsense I live in OZ I never had a burger with eggs.

Never had a hamburger with the lot ?

lettuce

carmalised onion

tomato

beef patty

bacon

beetroot (tinned slices)

pineapple (tinned slices)

egg (runny yolk)

21 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

lettuce

carmalised onion

tomato

beef patty

bacon

beetroot (tinned slices)

egg (runny yolk)

Pineapple on a burger? What kind of evil blasphemy is that?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

lettuce

carmalised onion

tomato

beef patty

bacon

beetroot (tinned slices)

egg (runny yolk)

Beetroot and

Pinapple on burger

Pickles must have

2 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I think it is an aussie thing, have had one... they go good !

I just vomited in my throat. Sacrilege

5 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Shame you are so closed minded.

Im not closed minded, my taste buds are refined. I didnt even get to beets on a burger. Beets? What is this a shtetl? A Ukrainian kholkoz? Who the F ruins a fine piece of beef with BEETS!

Wait I get it. Australian. Beef that is one taste bud removed from aged Cambodian Zebu. No wonder its covered in bizzare things...to hide the taste!

4 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Im not closed minded, my taste buds are refined. I didnt even get to beets on a burger. Beets? What is this a shtetl? A Ukrainian kholkoz? Who the F ruins a fine piece of beef with BEETS!

Wait I get it. Australian. Beef that is one taste bud removed from aged Cambodian Zebu. No wonder its covered in bizzare things...to hide the taste!

Sucks to be you.

Aus hamburger with the lot are great.

35 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Sucks to be you.

Aus hamburger with the lot are great.

Well if youve never been to the USA, you really cant compare. In and Out is better than any burger in Asia.

7 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Well if youve never been to the USA, you really cant compare. In and Out is better than any burger in Asia.

Yeah been to the USA... I do not rate it.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Never had 'In & Out', or many burgers in the USA, aside from Whopper on sale, take away, quick fix on the way home for 99 cents ... yea, that long ago.

Had some tasty burgers here in TH.  In & Out's look decent, but it's a burger.  Any idiot can make good one, even me.   I only eat burgers here for that reason, hard to screw up, and it's a cheap beef fix, as ordering a beef steak, as way too risky :cheesy:

Best burgers are still usually done in house, but I've been surprised a couple times :coffee1:

23 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

Bang Bang Burgers on Sukhumvit Soi 11 are pretty good.

Also like Daniel Thaiger's burgers and can get delivery from Foodpanda.

Fantastic dive bar.

The duke burger goes good with pineapple, beetroot and freid egg added, which they will happily do.

On 7/11/2024 at 2:39 PM, jas007 said:

Burgers in Bangkok?  

There’s a burger place down on Sukhumvit Soi 11 that’s pretty good. I forget the name.

And the Zest bar/restaurant inside the Westin Grand Sukhumvit has some pretty good steak sliders, if that counts.

Prime Burger is also good.

IMG_1225.jpeg

IMG_1269.jpeg

Without posting the price it doesn't say much.

For a 189 Baht it would be worth a visit. But if it's one of these Hilton rooftop restaurant for 1899 Baht + tip I would skip.

On 4/16/2024 at 9:45 PM, Moneyhonour said:

And now for something completely different. We can debate whether it is a burger or not, but I found this Pad Krapow burger very tasty.

Astro Burger Silom road, Thaniya walking street

IMG_0889.JPG

This thread is about food. I thing England should stay out of this.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Anywhere for a classic, iconic American burger, like McDonald's, but not McDonald's,  lol?

You know: beef, cheese, grilled onions, pickles, ketchup, and mustard. 

No lettuce, tomato, thousand island sauce, or any other crap.

Edited by FruitPudding