Drive Time from Suvarnabhumi Airport To Bangkok Hospital Pattaya

Dp1231

My flight is arriving at bkk airport at 12:00 pm on April 13th, I have a doctors appoint at bangkok hospital pattaya at 3:30 pm. I will be able to use the fast track immigration lane at bkk and wont be checking any luggage so my arrival at bkk should go pretty smooth my question is will i have enough time to make my 3:30 pm doctor's appointment if I catch a taxi at bkk and go straight to bangkok hospital pattaya, the reason im asking is due to songkran and traffic issues 

Traffic should not be too bad going to Pattaya on the 13th, the mass exodus should be Friday evening, and heading up-country. 

Just call if you're going to be late. 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

The mind boggles. If I had an important appointment in Pattaya flying in I would  plan to come in one or two days before to avoid piss poor performance. 

A doctor's appointment is important? 

7 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

A doctor's appointment is important? 

Could be or could not be. In America I have to make appointments for a tooth cleaning three months in advance. The last time the power was out. First time in 28 years. Yes I flew on the night before. 

The problem is the assumption that a flight will arrive at a certain time. It could be delayed, or even canceled. Then guess'sabout  Bangkok traffic.  The mind boggles.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, couchpotato said:

If plane is on time, you should be able to get a taxi about 1pm.

And at that time of the day, and being public Songkran holidays (with free tolls), you should be at the hospital by 2.45pm at the latest.

What is everything goes perfectly 

Then a bus crashes causing a 90 minute delay? 

39 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

You are one strange poster.

But if the bus did crash, he could ask to be taken to BPH for treatment and also fulfill his 3.30 appointment.

You are one vill canker.

Ever heard of personal responsibility? 
If you miss a doctor appointment you alone are not left out it it is the others who could have taken that time slot that you blithely ignore flying in with no backup. The mind boggles. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Could be or could not be. In America I have to make appointments for a tooth cleaning three months in advance. The last time the power was out. First time in 28 years. Yes I flew on the night before. 

But the thread is about a doctor appointment in Pattaya, not an "important" tooth cleaning in America. 

You fly to the US to have your teeth cleaned?

The problem is the assumption that a flight will arrive at a certain time. It could be delayed, or even canceled.

In which case he would be late for his appointment, hopefully it was nothing as critical as a teeth cleaning. 

Then guess'sabout  Bangkok traffic.  

Going from the airport in Samut Prakan to Pattaya? 

The mind boggles.  

Indeed

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The right turn at the end of the motorway (HWY 7) onto Suk was closed a bit ago, and I am not sure if it still is... 

It was still closed on Wednesday.  They are taking forever to finish that short stretch of road construction so the intersection can re-open.   I hardly see any workers and this intersection is so important--instead of weeks and still not open it should have been done in a few days working 24 hours aday with a big crew.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Songkran traffic to Pattaya usually aren't too bad there'll be congestion around the service station in Bang Pakong 

Might want to ask around for Taxis/Limousine that has easy/m-pass as that's around 20 minute at the final tolls you can cut through 

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Bangkok traffic has little to do with Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya. Exit airport, enter motorway 7 and straight to Pattaya.

Airport is on the south east corner of the metro area and strictly not even in Bangkok.

Exit motorway 7 heading right to the north is usually not as bad as going central.

If you see queues on the final tolls on google maps, maybe take the hwy36 exit to Naklua, but that exit might be jammed with people going to Rayong too

1 minute ago, digbeth said:

If you see queues on the final tolls on google maps, maybe take the hwy36 exit to Naklua, but that exit might be jammed with people going to Rayong too

I had edited after reading that turning north from M7 might be closed.

To the OP: rethink your plan. Is there no other appointment possible?

Postponing is not an option?

6 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Bangkok traffic has little to do with Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya. Exit airport, enter motorway 7 and straight to Pattaya.

Airport is on the south east corner of the metro area and strictly not even in Bangkok.

Exit motorway 7 heading right to the north is usually not as bad as going central.

I assume the Songkran traffic leaving Bangkok for Isan will be mostly Friday afternoon and night and should be not too bad by Saturday afternoon, yes? 

18 minutes ago, digbeth said:

Songkran traffic to Pattaya usually aren't too bad there'll be congestion around the service station in Bang Pakong 

Might want to ask around for Taxis/Limousine that has easy/m-pass as that's around 20 minute at the final tolls you can cut through 

The 13th should be a free tolls day...

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You fly to the US to have your teeth cleaned?

Yes, and for work. I don't have to but have been attending the same excellent dental clinic as much a feasible near LAX since the late 90s

Forget my signature?

Captain Monday- "Constant International Travel"

36 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

In which case he would be late for his appointment, hopefully it was nothing as critical as a teeth cleaning. 

The cleaning is not as important as the busy periodontal schedule reserved months in advance, and my reputation for reliability. The schedule is ridiculous and sometimes I get in on the waiting list.

Thus I do not plan my arrival assuming the last possible flight  arrives on time then guessing on traffic conditions.

Edited by Captain Monday

18 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Ok,  Samut Prakhan Province traffic.

Channeling our Penny Lane Pandit today?

2 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Yes, and for work. I don't have to but have been attending the same excellent dental clinic as much a feasible near LAX since the late 90s

Forget my signature?

Captain Monday- "Constant International Travel"

The cleaning is not as important as the busy periodontal schedule reserved months in advance, and my reputation for reliability.

Thus I do not plan my arrival assuming the last possible flight  arrives on time and guessing on traffic conditions.

So, you're going anyway, and getting your teeth cleaned while you are there, okay. 

If it's near LAX why would you worry about traffic? Do you really get off a twenty-hour flight, pick up your car and go direct to the dentist? Why not just go the next day or week? 

4 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Ok,  Samut Prakhan Province traffic.

Channeling our Penny Lane Pandit today?

It's about the forum's reputation for reliability...

• Haha 1

A rather silly and pointless question really; nobody can tell you what the traffic will be like on 13th April, nor can they tell you if your flight will be on time or delayed. You’ve booked your flight and have your appointment, so put the hospital into Google maps on arrival, and then you will know …. call the hospital if you look like being late ¯\_()_/¯

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So, you're going anyway, and getting your teeth cleaned while you are there, okay. 

If it's near LAX why would you worry about traffic? Do you really get off a twenty-hour flight, pick up your car and go direct to the dentist? Why not just go the next day or week? 

No, that is what I am saying. I come in the day before, and I always have a backup flight planned.   Going to LAX usually out of the way now but  I really like this clinic. No upsell and great care and concern for comfort. They are all lady Dentists from UCLA who were trained by a certain professor/Dentist who is now retired. Real pros. 

I do not own a car in any country and never will again unless forced need it for mobility. Personal ownership of cars should be banned, especially for Farangs in Thailand. It is job negative for Thais. I take the bus or Uber

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

A rather silly and pointless question really; nobody can tell you what the traffic will be like on 13th April, nor can they tell you if your flight will be on time or delayed. You’ve booked your flight and have your appointment, so put the hospital into Google maps on arrival, and then you will know …. call the hospital if you look like being late ¯\_()_/¯

And I think it safe to assume his hotel is in Pattaya also, so he has to (If I remember correct) go past BKK hospital anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

No, that is what I am saying. I come in the day before, and I always have a backup flight planned.   Going to LAX usually out of the way now but  I really like this clinic. No upsell and great care and concern for comfort. They are all lady Dentists from UCLA who were trained by a certain professor/Dentist who is now retired. Real pros. 

I know what you mean. I have had the same periodontist doing my teeth here for 15-20 years. Best cleanings I have ever had anywhere, and she stays pretty booked. 

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I know what you mean. I have had the same periodontist doing my teeth here for 15-20 years. Best cleanings I have ever had anywhere, and she stays pretty booked. 

I have really fast plaque buildup and try to go every 3 months even though ny insurance only pays for two cleanings

Chiang Mai clinics I used also get booked up well in advance

I started going in Japan during covid to this one clinic.

Easy to get appointments. Figured out reason  they have crazy long hours even weekday nights and Saturdays.