Drive Time from Suvarnabhumi Airport To Bangkok Hospital Pattaya

Dp1231

15 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

And what has this to do with the OP's post about getting from SUV to BPH.

It has only to do with the philosophy of life where one hopes for the best and plans for the worst.

• Not making a an appointment based on a flight landing exactly on time and then an entire sequence of of subsequent actions and events thereafter from immigration clearance to predictions of traffic like a soothsayer to be perfect.

Ever heard of the 7 P's?

6 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

It has only to do with the philosophy of life where one hopes for the best and plans for the worst.

• Not making a an appointment based on a flight landing exactly on time and then an entire sequence of of subsequent actions and events thereafter from immigration clearance to predictions of traffic like a soothsayer to be perfect.

Ever heard of the 7 P's?

No one ever really plans for the worst. 

38 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Ever heard of the 7 P's?

Nope, but based on the way this topic is drifting, I would guess I can name 4 of them

1) periodontal, 2) plaque, 3) philosophy and 4) pedantry :unsure:

Poor @Dp1231just wants to be reassured that he can make his appointment from BKK to Pattaya in 3.5 hours.

I would suggest he will, 45 mins out of the airport and into a taxi, then 2 hours to Pattaya.

Might be tight, but will most likely be on-time. :cool:

Edited by expat_4_life
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

The worst is yet to come

Eventually we must abandon our self to fate

Definitely, if you keep posting this nonsense.  Although on second thoughts it does give me my laughs for the day.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Definitely, if you keep posting this nonsense.  Although on second thoughts it does give me my laughs for the day.

What is the drive time from BKK to Bangkok Hospital in Pattaya under perfect conditions?

15 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

What is the drive time from BKK to Bangkok Hospital in Pattaya under perfect conditions?

About an hour and ten minutes observing the speed limits

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

About an hour and ten minutes observing the speed limits

Good. Now time for mods to shut the thread down as the OP has his answer and he is guaranteed an on time flight and immediate immigration and customs clearance via fast-track with no checked baggage. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Allowing for 1 1/2 hours (Should be plenty using express with no baggage) to get to the taxi rank you should be at BPH no later than 3 PM. It’s about +/- 90 minutes, motorway all the way.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Dp1231 said:

My flight is arriving at bkk airport at 12:00 pm on April 13th, I have a doctors appoint at bangkok hospital pattaya at 3:30 pm. I will be able to use the fast track immigration lane at bkk and wont be checking any luggage so my arrival at bkk should go pretty smooth my question is will i have enough time to make my 3:30 pm doctor's appointment if I catch a taxi at bkk and go straight to bangkok hospital pattaya, the reason im asking is due to songkran and traffic issues 

April 13 is a Saturday.  Motorway 7 will be toll free from 12:01am April 11 to midnight April 17 for the Songkran Holidays (per recent article in Thaiger).  If your flight is on time and you have no unusual delays at Immigration/customs, it should not take much more than an hour and a half or less for the trip. 

Even if a bit late, Bangkok Hospital Pattaya is not rigid on their appointment times provided the doctor is still there.  I am usually on time for my appointments there, but have sometimes been a late and never had a problem in still seeing the doctor. 

That said, unless of particular urgency, why not just contact them and reschedule your appointment for another day -- in the 20+ years I have been using BHP, I have on occasion done that when something came up to conflict with my original appointment. There is usually no problem in getting another appointment on the day I wish to see the doctor (I have also arrived without an appointment and still been able to see the doctor, but may have to wait a bit).

• Like 1

Talk about having too much time on one's hands!

The simple answer to the OP's question is "yes".

Poor fellow has to wade through all kinds of cr*p about cleaning teeth in the states etc. etc.!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

The hospital is not going to mind if you're an hour or two late for your appointment. If you arrive on time you'll probably have to wait anyway. Try to get there before 5:00 PM, so the doctor can go home on time.

3 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Good. Now time for mods to shut the thread down as the OP has his answer and he is guaranteed an on time flight and immediate immigration and customs clearance via fast-track with no checked baggage. 

It's time because an i*not like you keeps posting nonsense about treatment in LAX. For heavens sake man. 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Dp1231 said:

My flight is arriving at bkk airport at 12:00 pm on April 13th,

That would be my concern.

The trip from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya is usually around the 2 hour mark as others have said, BUT............

having just returned from Thailand I can tell you every domestic flight was late, perhaps at least 1 hour.

So is this an International arrival where you have to go through immigration or a basic domestic flight?

Either could see delays, immigration or late flights.

I prefer to eliminate the possibility of delays by doing what another suggested.....take a flight the day before.

Edited by bluejets

Get a white mini van. You'll be in Pattaya in bout 60 minutes, or less. You may need treatment for shock & heart attack, but you'll make your appointment.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, fceligoj said:

Why don't you check Google Maps from BKK to Bangkok Hospital - Pattaya instead of hearsays.

Some posters are here-says more than hearsays!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/5/2024 at 5:44 PM, bluejets said:

That would be my concern.

The trip from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya is usually around the 2 hour mark as others have said, BUT............

Only way it could be 2 hours if is if there is an accident causing delays.

image.png.e70d3799bf69d9194c3d730cf9a8da22.png

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 9:19 PM, Dp1231 said:

My flight is arriving at bkk airport at 12:00 pm on April 13th, I have a doctors appoint at bangkok hospital pattaya at 3:30 pm. I will be able to use the fast track immigration lane at bkk and wont be checking any luggage so my arrival at bkk should go pretty smooth my question is will i have enough time to make my 3:30 pm doctor's appointment if I catch a taxi at bkk and go straight to bangkok hospital pattaya, the reason im asking is due to songkran and traffic issues 

I'd book a ride with Mr T or similar, the driver will be waiting for you at the departure gate with a sign with your name on it. 

Let the driver know that the motorway ends at Pattaya and Sukhumvit Road there is roadwork, you can't turn right, do a U turn just before and left exit, head north. 

BPH, you are KING, they will wait, don't be too concerned, they like your money. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

I have never seen the Doctor on time in the many years of going to BPH. Normally 10 of 15 minutes,sometimes much longer. Last month it was nearly 90 minutes. I don't have a blood test it's just a BP and weight by the nurse and then wait for the Doctor.

2 hours ago, roger101 said:

I have never seen the Doctor on time in the many years of going to BPH. Normally 10 of 15 minutes,sometimes much longer. Last month it was nearly 90 minutes. I don't have a blood test it's just a BP and weight by the nurse and then wait for the Doctor.

Yeah........ I visit my Doc at Phayathai Sriracha every 2 months.

Always have the 9am slot.... rare to get in and see her before 11.00am... no bloods, if there is bloods that then becomes 1.00pm, after she goes to lunch.