Phuket police raid Russian ‘owned’ businesses in Thai company crackdown

snoop1130

Isn't it a "normal" scheme to perform a business in Thailand? 

So, all farang-owned business are in danger now? House owning "companies" also? We might witnessing a big raising wave.

Keep this up raiding and arresting people, who will be the eventual losers? Thai people will all be out of a job, One spoke to my wife yesterday after 6 years of working she is now out of a job, 

• Confused 2

40 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Where are they going to keep them all? 

Crime tape off a large guarded area at the airport around the Aeroflot Gate.......

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, VBer said:

Isn't it a "normal" scheme to perform a business in Thailand? 

So, all farang-owned business are in danger now? House owning "companies" also? We might witnessing a big raising wave.

The "company" house owner is well known about, the PM is into property, so he knows all about it, he would also know starting up a "company" that does sod all but own a house is illegal........

Of course many Thais are involved in the fiddle, how will things unfold, remains to be seen........:whistling:

6 minutes ago, VBer said:

What makes this guy bad?

'Good guys in, bad guys out' is a motto of Thai immigration. 'Bad', in this context, being anyone (foreigner) not following the rule of law in Thailand, like operating a business without the proper permits, licences, visas etc.

Edited by Excogitator

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

Legal businesses will benefit. She'll find another job.

I don't know about the Russkies, but we paid several times what the Thai companies paid in the same field for the equivalent positions.  More than worth it to be able to recruit and retain the best Thai talent.

6 minutes ago, impulse said:

I don't know about the Russkies, but we paid several times what the Thai companies paid in the same field for the equivalent positions.  More than worth it to be able to recruit and retain the best Thai talent.

It's well know down here, they can get much better pay working for a Farang company, advantage to those who can speak good English, 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hotchilli said:

If the Thai is only a nominee on paper without any other evidence then it's fake... nominee is illegal.

Having said that it's a very grey area and many loopholes.

Than RTP should arrest almost whole area around Bang Rak and Silom junction - those jewelers just funny )))

• Like 1

After the rants of “farang-shower-experts”, nothing more, as predictable.
The campaign was prepared after the beach stairways, and is taking its momentum. Like I said in another thread,
the Thaliandbans working down their task list. High season is finished, tourists are mostly gone soon,
plenty of time to investigate the long stayers.
They aim for package tourists, in fenced 5* resorts. Hauled around in VIP buses, directly from the airport,
and straight back to the airport.
Staying 2 weeks, spending 5000 US, or more. After that, bye, bye, cu again next year, with a wai, and a smile.
Long stayers are the thorn in the side.
With some luck, it's cooling down, like so many other campaigns, and crackdowns.

My point is, that I really would like to know, how many of all those screaming, and stupid “kick them out, ban them, jail them” parrots (in whatever case), here in their “Good Guy” sanctuary forum,
are involved in dodgy, but common companies, land deeds, or other circumvented loophole arrangements.
“Schadenfreude” isn't so funny any more, when the targets could include yourself.

Edited by Maitdjai
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1