Multiple savings accounts with the same bank

1 hour ago, topt said:

Major banks here offer Foreign Currency Deposit Accounts and generally those 2 currencies are offered. However you need to be clear on the costs. Just do your research online before you go and ask in a branch - and often only the bigger branches in a location will be able to do.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/-/media/files/personal/other-services/branch-services/international-branches/fcd_expat.pdf?la=en&hash=1B0B689C0A49EEFBB89232262CF1DAF23FC55920

Thank you for this useful info!

I opened a BKKB savings account when I moved here 6 months ago, and this is my primary account which I basically use the way I would use a checking account, in my home country. About 3 1/2 months ago, myself and a newfound roommate decided to get a house together. We paid for the rent up front, and I opened a second account that we both are paying "rent" into, so when the contract is up, we can negotiate a break on the rent, by once again, paying up front. 

I opened a second account at a different branch of BKKB, not for any other reason, than that the second branch is now the closest branch to the new house we rented. There will be nothing but deposits into THIS account, until it comes time to negotiate a new contract, come late December. Both accounts have Debit Cards, and both branches are in Pattaya.

I had no problem opening this 2nd account, whatsoever. 

I am located in Pattaya.

Edited by EdgeCityRider
Added info, that I forgot to put in my first version...

On 4/9/2024 at 5:08 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

If you've got nothing in either you won't have either for very long if there are no transactions!

FYI, There ARE Transactions.....Our WONDERFUL U,K, Goverment SEND Me a PITTANCE Every Month....So There YER GO !!

On 4/6/2024 at 10:20 PM, JoseThailand said:

I tried to open a second savings account with Bangkok Bank. Went to two branches, both said that one person can have only one savings account. I called the call center and they confirmed this. But it really doesn't make sense to me.

Has anyone managed to open multiple savings accounts with Bangkok Bank?

I have opened two savings accounts, but at different branches. One I opened just to have a second account. The second one was opened when I requested my SS payments be made at BKK. BKK is the only bank SS accept(ed) at the time for payments to be made. They were fully FACTA complaint which was a rarity I think at the time. In any event, I went to a different branch (same town) to open the SS account and was told I had to have a savings account with them....so I opened a savings account with them. I have never used it, I put 5000 baht in to open it and must remember to go and get the 5000 baht back.