Fears of discrimination in Thailand despite looming same sex marriage bill

webfact

9 minutes ago, RobU said:

Yes they are. What is your problem? Gay couples will just have to do the same as heterosexual couples. Or do you want 'special' fast track treatment because you are gay?

Yes they are what? 

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

you still don't have a clue...no idea where gay people have to deal with although you have fun and have a beer with them.... being friends with gays is something else than being in a relationship with a gay. Especially in countries that don't have any legal way for their relationships.. You don't know where they have to deal with it... and that is not playing golf with them

Oh you poor virtue signaller - it must be so bad being inside that victimhood head of yours - the inhumanity of it all 🙂

So you have been in a 'relationship' with a gay - well I do bow to your 'understanding' of your and your partner's feelings of victimhood.

But I do not bow to you speaking on behalf of all gays - the majority of who just want to be left along to live in peace, and who do not like the activism that has sprung up in their name claiming victimhood and outrage on their behalf.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Yes indeed mate - they have the teenage girl mentality - never wrong despite obvious facts showing otherwise - they call that 'The Princess Bitchface Syndrome'.  It involves a lot of things and is a recognised mentqal disorder with a clear pathology of cognitive bias. Most teenage girls ghroew up and out of it - but many dont - and many young men have been infected too (we'll do anything for a roo**)

The Princess Bitchface Syndrome 2.0 by Michael Carr-Gregg - Penguin Books Australia

I never thought of it that way. You are so right. All of the balanced gay men I know despise gay activists and are extremely dubious of the gay pride movement they just want to get on with life. It's all about money too. The war against  discrimination has been won but charitable organisations like Stonewall need to keep pushing because they would lose income and eventually fade away because they are no longer necessary. Charity bosses make big money

Edited by RobU
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Yes indeed mate - those charities are all about making money for those working in them.  I remember decades ago a review was done of several big charities In Aust and they were taking on average almost 70% of their funds to pay their staff.  I remember one CEO was being paid almost $1 million a year and when questioned she justified based on the number of staff being managed and the annual turnover.    

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Oh you poor virtue signaller - it must be so bad being inside that victimhood head of yours - the inhumanity of it all 🙂

So you have been in a 'relationship' with a gay - well I do bow to your 'understanding' of your and your partner's feelings of victimhood.

But I do not bow to you speaking on behalf of all gays - the majority of who just want to be left along to live in peace, and who do not like the activism that has sprung up in their name claiming victimhood and outrage on their behalf.

I am not a victim and will never behave kike this only the people like you will never understand untill it happens to themselves. I will pray for it that it will happen to you or your loved ones and than we will see how you respond

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I am not a victim and will never behave kike this only the people like you will never understand untill it happens to themselves. I will pray for it that it will happen to you or your loved ones and than we will see how you respond

Wishing such things on me and my family and frienbds - what an atrocious person you are - clearly you are an example of why the majority of people (gays included) dislike and distrust virtue singalling nutter activists.  Go away - blocked.

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

That okay, the mean man can't hurt you anymore. 

Now you were going to tell us "...what gay people have to deal with..." weren't you? Just a few everyday examples of how you are victimized will do. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Thailand needs money and The World Economic Forum provide.....if Thailand plays by The World Economic Forum rules.

And if everyone plays by the World Economic Forum rules, then the World Economic Forum will rule. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

People like you should read and be informed first before making this kind of stupid comments

I do read, but I don't see how compassion and tolerance, which I have, towards mental illnesses should lead me to accept same sex marriage.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RobU said:

What utter rubbish. We have just held the funeral of a gay man in our village. The whole village turned out to mourn and honour him including me. Many important local officials also attended. Thailand has always tolerated homosexuality the big problem I find is precious gay foreigners who bring their baggage and big chips on their shoulders with them looking for discrimination and taking insult where there is none. My own recent experience was criticising a stupid policeman who discharged a gun because he had an argument with his boyfriend, some people on this forum jumped in trying to state that i was criticising him because he was gay

It's less about tolerance and more about gender affirming wording.  It sounds like their concern is not about whether they can marry or not, but that the wording within the bill doesn't effectively mean: "If two biological females, one of whom now wants to be a man, are married and living with one of the couple's children, they will be legally considered a man and a woman and the legal parents of those children". 

So, it seems that they're hoping for a little more than simply being married to be tacked on to the end.  Possibly, they should be happy about the progress in terms of same-sex marriage, and maybe leave the gender affirming stuff for now.

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

But I hope the Thailand Govt does not fsll into the same traps as the Western Govts did and cave into their constant demands for 'more and more equality'

For all the inane ranting and tired homophobic vitriols that followed, you showed your root too early, mate. Right at the start: to declare that "Western Govts" - notice the plurals, that mean the Western world - would fall for the "same traps and cave into" shows a deluded mind, yours that is. In the old days we would say you suffer from "delusions de grandeur" roughly translated as delusion stemming from self-aggrandization ... 

You think you're so smart, ain't that right? More than all Western Govts combined, you can see the "traps" and they couldn't? Oh yeah, who do you think you're fooling? With the dosage of pseudo-intellectual jargon copiously "seasoning" your speech - one tasty morsel: Princess Bitchface Syndrome 2.0, published by Penguin Books Australia? Are you serious? Your state of mind is brazenly juvenile, as plain to see as  dog turd on while gravel. Stinks to high heavens mate, but I figure your nose is so deep in it you can't even tell.

Edited by watthong
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Felton Jarvis said:

There is not a place on the planet more gay-friendly than Thailand. I am puzzled by what more the LGBT bunch could possibly want.

Well, maybe don't drop the soap in those public baths. :giggle:

Edited by quake
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, KhunLA said:

More fear mongering.   Gays have been tolerated/accepted in TH way more and longer than most countries.   Getting married is just another step of realization, and a way for the ignorant folks to finally take the blinders off.  Live & let live :coffee1:

Like GOD, gays always have been here, and always will be.  Just accept it.

Humans love being concerned about how other humans are using their genitals. 

14 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Why are these guys all so full of hate? I can't even imagine wishing pain and suffering on people and their families just for having an opinion different from mine.

I do sympathise with them a bit - but they always go way too far.  Perhaps he has had some very bad personal experiences, or perhaps he has become far too invested in this gay rights BS for other reasons.  Either way we never know - but we dont have to listen to them on a forum. Their self-cventred mentality and lack of logic and rational thought is clearly evidenced by those climate change nutters that deface a work of art, or block people getting to work and ambulances.  They are a problem and in this society (the west) we have suffered them far too long.  

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, watthong said:

For all the inane ranting and tired homophobic vitriols that followed, you showed your root too early, mate. Right at the start: to declare that "Western Govts" - notice the plurals, that mean the Western world - would fall for the "same traps and cave into" shows a deluded mind, yours that is. In the old days we would say you suffer from "delusions de grandeur" roughly translated as delusion stemming from self-aggrandization ... 

You think you're so smart, ain't that right? More than all Western Govts combined, you can see the "traps" and they couldn't? Oh yeah, who do you think you're fooling? With the dosage of pseudo-intellectual jargon copiously "seasoning" your speech - one tasty morsel: Princess Bitchface Syndrome 2.0, published by Penguin Books Australia? Are you serious? Your state of mind is brazenly juvenile, as plain to see as  dog turd on while gravel. Stinks to high heavens mate, but I figure your nose is so deep in it you can't even tell.

That is funny - sanctimonious and hilarious - thanks for the early morning laugh.   Many years ago a bloke said the biggest problem in the West was that we were over-educting our idiots. Me thinks you fit into that group mate

I read the entire article.

The expressed concern  about the importance of the specific language in the eventual law is entirely normal, reasonable  and legitimate. 

As educated people understand words matter even more so in laws.

There is an indication in the article that there a good chance the details will be addressed one way or another.

I would like to add that the immigration implications of the coming marriage equality law need to be formally codified.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

There is not a place on the planet more gay-friendly than Thailand. I am puzzled by what more the LGBT bunch could possibly want.

Trans people want the law allowing same sex marriages to have elements that give legal affirmation of their chosen genders. So the complaints actually have nothing to do with the essence of the law. That's why it's a little confusing.

9 hours ago, watthong said:

I think the traps are easier to see after they've sprung. Most everyone I know supported or was at least tolerant of the gay rights movement. 

Now, if I don't want a man with an erection popping out from under his miniskirt in my teenage daughter's locker room, I'm some kind of hater. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I think the traps are easier to see after they've sprung. Most everyone I know supported or was at least tolerant of the gay rights movement. 

Now, if I don't want a man with an erection popping out from under his miniskirt in my teenage daughter's locker room, I'm some kind of hater. 

It's pretty telling that he chose to label you as "homophobic", since you haven't said anything negative about homosexuals at all.

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Granpa is loosing his marbles...No self-respecting gays would wear miniskirt and have an erection in a women's locker room. It's an impossible feat!

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

It's pretty telling that he chose to label you as "homophobic", since you haven't said anything negative about homosexuals at all.

He's a one trick pony, it's all they have. 

• Agree 1