Jump to content

Fears of discrimination in Thailand despite looming same sex marriage bill


webfact

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Once they get the "gender affirming care" thing going, will trans kids be able to get puberty blockers and have their genitals mutilated under the 30-Baht scheme? Asking for a friend.... 

 

Whatever they get, they'll still want more.  That's the pattern it follows.  "We're oppressed and we need this one small thing to help us.  OK, thanks for that.  But we're still oppressed and need this one small thing to help us."

 

I feel bad for the LGBs, as they just want equality, while their cause is kind of being high-jacked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

 

Whatever they get, they'll still want more.  That's the pattern it follows.  "We're oppressed and we need this one small thing to help us.  OK, thanks for that.  But we're still oppressed and need this one small thing to help us."

 

I feel bad for the LGBs, as they just want equality, while their cause is kind of being high-jacked.

If "they" (the activist types) really wanted equality, that's what they would be working toward. 

 

 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

 

Whatever they get, they'll still want more.  That's the pattern it follows.  "We're oppressed and we need this one small thing to help us.  OK, thanks for that.  But we're still oppressed and need this one small thing to help us."

 

I feel bad for the LGBs, as they just want equality, while their cause is kind of being high-jacked.

It isn't necessarily oppression or discrimination, it may be that the law just hasn't caught up as regards equality. That seems to be the case here. 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

But if that were true. 

 

How would you define "marriage equality?"

As the legal definition. 


"Marriage between two people of the same gender that is legally the same as, and of equal importance to, marriage between two people of different genders."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

It isn't necessarily oppression or discrimination, it may be that the law just hasn't caught up as regards equality. That seems to be the case here. 

 

It's a law allowing people of the same sex to be married.  Why does it need to be gender affirming to "catch up with equality"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/17/2024 at 6:33 PM, Yellowtail said:

Once they get the "gender affirming care" thing going, will trans kids be able to get puberty blockers and have their genitals mutilated under the 30-Baht scheme? Asking for a friend.... 

 

As the forum resident fluffer, you have the amazing ability to "blow" AND whistle simultaneously. The average one could only do one at a time, usually blows and then whistles, as a signal they're done with the "blow" part... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/20/2024 at 3:13 PM, watthong said:

 

As the forum resident fluffer, you have the amazing ability to "blow" AND whistle simultaneously. The average one could only do one at a time, usually blows and then whistles, as a signal they're done with the "blow" part... 

Is having someone like you implying that I blow other men is supposed to make me feel bad? That's hilarious. 

 

Still waiting for you to provide a few anecdotal examples of the discrimination gays suffer on a regular basis, nothing? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Yellowtail
sp
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Is having someone like you implying that I blow other men is supposed to make me feel bad? That's hilarious. 

 

 

Always take things literally, that's your weak point. Dummies tend to say "hilarious' when they run out of argument. Another fast friend of yours also used the same tactic. (This one 's specialty however is in the pot calling the kettle black, as shown in "we were over-educting our idiots."  Yeah this bloke loves to make up new words...)

 

On 4/9/2024 at 9:43 AM, TroubleandGrumpy said:

That is funny - sanctimonious and hilarious - thanks for the early morning laugh.   Many years ago a bloke said the biggest problem in the West was that we were over-educting our idiots. Me thinks you fit into that group mate. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, watthong said:

 

Always take things literally, that's your weak point. Dummies tend to say "hilarious' when they run out of argument. Another fast friend of yours also used the same tactic. (This one 's specialty however is in the pot calling the kettle black, as shown in "we were over-educting our idiots."  Yeah this bloke loves to make up new words...)

 

 

 

Dummies tend to say-name call when they run out of argument, but they are typically just projecting. 

 

Still waiting for you to provide a few anecdotal examples of the discrimination gays suffer on a regular basis, still nothing? 

 

So, you made it up, I thought so. Dummies do a lot of that, don't they fluffy? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/16/2024 at 12:12 AM, BangkokReady said:

 

You can't show that I am displaying any bias, as I have not done so.  I have merely comment on what is in the article.

 

You are wrong on all counts.

 

Well, now you have:

On 4/17/2024 at 7:21 PM, BangkokReady said:

 

Whatever they get, they'll still want more.  That's the pattern it follows.  "We're oppressed and we need this one small thing to help us.  OK, thanks for that.  But we're still oppressed and need this one small thing to help us."

 

I feel bad for the LGBs, as they just want equality, while their cause is kind of being high-jacked.

 

Those are your words. Like I said before, your bias is showing.

 

Then adding fake sympathy to injury, or shall I say, hypocrisy: "I feel bad for the LGBs,...their cause is kind of being high-jacked." There is a word for pushing one (sub-) group against another, it's called "snitch." They (the trans) are not hi-jacking the gay cause. It's the likes of you that are doing it. And the same manner you are hell-bent on pushing your propaganda that somehow gays want their same sex marriage to be regarded as "man-woman" marriage. Insidious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...