8 Lao women arrested in Thailand for prostitution

9 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:

Statistically the majority of prostitution are run and organized by women . That the demand obviously is for men explains the supply. Trafficking  in the insidious underbelly of the business is an unfortunate reality also. Separating choice  from slavery  is what creates the dilemma that creates the polarized opinion.

Most of the vehement opponents of prostitution seem to be men, I suspect sexual hangups are the root cause.  

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Most of the vehement opponents of prostitution seem to be men, I suspect sexual hangups are the root cause.  

That and/or  religious dictates.  Each to theirs.

2 hours ago, RT555 said:

if your father is a rice farmer......what's your choice between none and nothing.

prostitution is actually defined as a form of oppression….look it up…and one could extend that definition to Bkk taxi drivers from issaan, hill tribe people currently  burning their mountain lands (forced by corporate thailand)…they have no choices thus forced into undesired occupations just to survive - human nature 

it’s all exploitation…just how currently the world works and accepted by the halves over the have nots…kind of like why expats choose to live in third world countries like thailand to exploit the economies of scale that their western dollars goes further (getting more)  even though the quality of life actually might not be higher when one factors in environmental degradation, health outcomes, traffic, road safety, poor regulatory infrastructure etc

39 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Vehement opponents on AN or in general?

Does that mean women have less sexual hangups?

5 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

prostitution is actually defined as a form of oppression….look it up…and one could extend that definition to Bkk taxi drivers from issaan, hill tribe people currently  burning their mountain lands (forced by corporate thailand)…they have no choices thus forced into undesired occupations just to survive - human nature 

it’s all exploitation…just how currently the world works and accepted by the halves over the have nots…kind of like why expats choose to live in third world countries like thailand to exploit the economies of scale that their western dollars goes further (getting more)  even though the quality of life actually might not be higher when one factors in environmental degradation, health outcomes, traffic, road safety, poor regulatory infrastructure etc

I don't really care what somebody has "defined" it as and I have no inclination to "look it up "   

Everybody except a few who were born with a silver spoon in their mouths needs to earn a living, and for most people that involves working,  the fact that most of us only work because we have to, pretty much means that most occupations are undesirable  Coal mining, wagon driving, or door to door sales for example are not ways that most people would choose to spend their lives. However most people working those jobs do not consider themselves exploited and   Very  few puritanical social justice warriors get a bee in their bonnet about jobs like that screaming exploitation and describing those employed  in  such occupations  as "exploited"

But the fact that prostitution involves people having sex seems to rub a few religious zealots up the wrong way .  

So what brought you to Thailand, the abundance of cheap hookers like most here or was it your "charity work"

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Vehement opponents on AN or in general?

Does that mean women have less sexual hangups?

in general   I most are , as another member stated following religious dictats     I have no idea about the distribution of  sexual hangups between the sexes but I am inclined to think that women suffer less from such issues.  Its not women , for example , that generally get over protective regarding their daughters having sex, fathers can be a nightmare in my experience

On 4/9/2024 at 10:00 AM, brianthainess said:

What's the point, for Thais it is a 1k fine and up to one month in prison, I have never heard of one prostitute going to jail.  1k can be made in 30 min.

YOU Said 30 Minutes, Don't you mean more like 3 Minutes ??