Avoid dehydration: What's the best to drink in this heat?

george

13 minutes ago, george said:

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 12.45.47.png

HOT! 🔥

I'm drinking Sponsor (sugar free electrolyte) and lots of water everyday to keep the hydration.

Someone told me that Protein Milk is also good.

What are you drinking to keep up with the heat?
(I'm not talking about beer and and booze...)

Water is ok. All minerals in it. But you're free for more expenses. Then buy Evian, Perrier, or even Nestle 🥳

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, george said:

HOT! 🔥

I'm drinking Sponsor (sugar free electrolyte) and lots of water everyday to keep the hydration.

(I'm not talking about beer and booze...)

I have also started drinking sponsor recently and find it works better than water if you have been drinking alcohol.

Simply drink water enough and a small bag of natural lays chip to re-add the salt levels and additionally as snacks water melon = electrolytes.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Agree 2

36 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Simply drink water enough and a small bag of natural lays chip to re-add the salt levels and additionally as snacks water melon = electrolytes.

To add to my previous post, similar to the false belief many people have with taking supplement vitamines, they are nowhere close as effective or good as the real deal is derived from eating / drinking foods itself that contain it. Those sports drinks are garbage, you would be way better off eating some watermelon.

In history they used false advertising a long time by telling everyone to drink those sports drink to avoid dehydration etc, which turns out to be nonsense too, I mean for actual sporting people etc. That is how it became populair.

This is why many vegans get issues over time too, as the supplements they take are nothing good long-term.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8LG0OY3Izs

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

100 plus from Makro mix it with water.  We drank it exclusivity in Singapore on all the hash runs and bike rides and never lost anyone to dehydration  😄

Interestingly the 100 plus here has a different taste from the Singapore one but still excellent for putting those electrolytes back 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, george said:

HOT! 🔥

(I'm not talking about beer and booze...)

Water, mineral water, soda, fresh coconut water, protein smoothies, BCAA with electrolytes and one powerade when exercising.

Banana helps stay hydrated to

In addition to providing plenty of essential nutrients, fruits and vegetables also make great hydrating snacks. Bananas and avocados are rich in potassium, and many fruits are good sources of simple carbohydrates that, in the right quantities, can help your body absorb fluids and use later

I drink 4 liters to 5 liters every day + two cups of coffe

• Like 1

Any liquid will do, except maybe caffeinated & alcohol.   Though I do drink my morning coffee, and maybe a tea in afternoon or night. 

Myself, except for walking the dog twice a day, I'm not really out there in the heat, and certainly not exerting myself.  Drink my share of water, at least 1.5 - 2.5L a day.  Milk, usually less than 400ml a day.  Drink water with meals, and whenever, not waiting until I'm thirsty, as actually too late then.

Water is RO, but I take a multivitamin, and eat a fairly balanced diet.  No extra nutrient or electrolytes to compensate for any sweat loss, since minimal, if any.  Not that I've ever taken anything extra.  But that's me, you do you.

Know the symptoms of heat stroke, brain fuzz and or nausea, and you need to immediate stop doing what ever, (get someone's attention) drink cold water, get in AC, ice on wrist, neck, behind knees, all areas the blood runs close to the skin.  Cold shower if your water will run cold this time of year, our won't.  Though any temp cooler than you body will help draw off the heat.

Labor is too cheap, pay for someone to do the heavy lifting, enjoy the AC & beverage.

PACE YOURSELF ... BE SAFE

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

I have 2-3 dechamp electrolyte powders a day, plus additional water on it's own, i am exercising though. Apparently the best thing to drink is dairy milk as it's retained longer in the body rather than sweated straight out like water

Electrolytes are not required to be added to fluid intake.

A healthy body is producing them all the time as required.

Thats what our kidneys do.

Good clean water is all that is needed.

I get mine from my RO filter unit at home.

59 minutes ago, Antiparovian said:

Kidney do not produce elelectrolytes they simpley resorb a lot of them.

Thank you for pointing this out.

They don't produce electrolytes' but rather modify the electrolytes in the blood that passes through them.

This is done by regulating  ions in the blood.

Not too sure if that's resorption but suffice it to say that  a healthy person needs no "extra" electrolytes.

main-qimg-ac83d85096d7057554b4b4e85940d179

5 hours ago, Expat68 said:

Thought that would be pretty obvious?

Water is the answer and when I was in a top private Bangkok Hospital the surgeon/doctor confirmed this

And what did they say about electrolytes? Just drinking water in extreme heat is not enough in the long run, you need electrolytes 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I had nealry fatal heat stroke on a long bicycle ride in cnx. Was not aware why I had chills near the end, then dizzyness and weakness. Had diahrea the night before so I was already out of water. The nice ER at Lanna hospital in cnx refused to wait on me, thought i was drunk.

After you have that it its much easier to get it again. The other issue is one cannot drink too much water either, because it washes away the good stuff in your intestines. I carry those 5 baht electrolyte packs in the car and enough water in case i break down some where for emergency only. Can't use it regularly though because it absolutely destroys your teeth. THats my ten cents.

• Like 1