What happens if a foreigner doesn't pay a traffic infringement fine? Saw a video on Youtube

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Various reports that they linked up the systems, other reports people were charged at renewal 

So no personal experience, thought so.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Ok, that's nice for Mrs Tranny, sounds like a great day out....

Not really, but if one wants to be within the law, then one must pay up.............🤗

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Not really, but if one wants to be within the law, then one must pay up.............🤗

But it does not make any difference whatsoever if one pays up or one just throws the tickets in the bin.

Only difference is you're out of pocket, or Mrs Tranny is.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, PJ71 said:

But it does not make any difference whatsoever if one pays up or one just throws the tickets in the bin.

Agreed

5 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

I did read here, that the dots are lining up, non-payers will pay a fine for not coughing up.

But if you are one of those who even dodges a few baht with the police, that is up to you, chap. You will not be alone, many dodgy geezers here in the L of S...........:stoner:

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I guess I have ton of speeding tickets from BKK <-> Pattaya racing but nothing ever arrived. License plate was Phuket. I have the feeling the traffic departments don't work together with other provinces as I have heard BKK plates getting letters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, transam said:

I did read here, that the dots are lining up, non-payers will pay a fine for not coughing up.

But if you are one of those who even dodges a few baht with the police, that is up to you, chap. You will not be alone, many dodgy geezers here in the L of S...........:stoner:

Oh Trans

They've been talking about fines being settled when taxing the vehicle for many years, i'm surprised you've not heard this.

I would estimate i get between 75-100 per year, it would not bother me if i had to pay this as i like to drive whatever speed i feel like.

I qualify as a dodgy geezer for not paying fines, do you have your own ranking system for this?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

I guess I have ton of speeding tickets from BKK <-> Pattaya racing but nothing ever arrived. License plate was Phuket. I have the feeling the traffic departments don't work together with other provinces as I have heard BKK plates getting letters.

Correct, Highway dept are not connected to the DLT dept.

Edited by PJ71
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Oh Trans

They've been talking about fines being settled when taxing the vehicle for many years, i'm surprised you've not heard this.

I would estimate i get between 75-100 per year, it would not bother me if i had to pay this as i like to drive whatever speed i feel like.

I qualify as a dodgy geezer for not paying fines, do you have your own ranking system for this?

Don't tell porkies, 75-100 tickets a year, one every 3 or 4 days................🤣

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, transam said:

Don't tell porkies, 75-100 tickets a year, one every 3 or 4 days................🤣

Why would i tell porkies? Why do you find this hard to believe, is it coz you only got to Makro and Lotus once a week and that's the only time you're out, oh and maybe for a couple of Changs?

A better way to look at it is about 1 ticket per 1000kms ( ish )

Some of my trips i accumulate 5+ per day, have you been out of Pattaya lately trans, there's cameras everywhere now, it really doesn't take long to rack up a few. Bear in mind there's probably a few that don't work as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, transam said:

Yeh, riiiiiiiiiight........🤭

But, if true, it would seem you are a danger to folk on the road.

Nothing to be proud of, you are probably an accident waiting to happen, you have an accident, your world will come tumbling down when your HUNDREDS of bad driving tickets come to light....😱.............🤭

Amusing as always Tranny.

You just sound like another cloned sheep - yawn.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

He also was crossing over solid white line lane markers, I've been done for that buy cameras. Its not his bike so I doubt anything will happen and he'll just go home without paying.

4 hours ago, johng said:

Well I didn't see that in the video (can you give a timestamp)

but the cop messed up then.

17:25 timestamp when he asks for the key and cop gives it back to him

2 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Why would i tell porkies? Why do you find this hard to believe, is it coz you only got to Makro and Lotus once a week and that's the only time you're out, oh and maybe for a couple of Changs?

A better way to look at it is about 1 ticket per 1000kms ( ish )

Some of my trips i accumulate 5+ per day, have you been out of Pattaya lately trans, there's cameras everywhere now, it really doesn't take long to rack up a few. Bear in mind there's probably a few that don't work as well.

The traffic cams above Beach Rd and 2nd Rd (near Cebtral Marina), are they meant to be speed cameras or what? Speed limit is meant to be 40kms/hour but load of people go way faster

10 hours ago, bbi1 said:

The traffic cams above Beach Rd and 2nd Rd (near Cebtral Marina), are they meant to be speed cameras or what? Speed limit is meant to be 40kms/hour but load of people go way faster

No idea, i'm not in Pattaya much ( fortunately ).

12 hours ago, transam said:

Oh really, but then if you get clobbered, we would not hear a single word about it here, eh, keyboard tough guy...................😆

What's getting clobbered got to do with anything, you on your 3rd Chang or something Tranny boy?

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

When the police stop you, there are two options (at least for me on motorcycle for the last two decades):

a) They want cash there and then. I paid often 100B.

b) They give you a ticket and you have to pay that ticket at the police station. Earliest on the next day, and I think officially within the next 10 days or so.

If you have a driver license then they confiscate your driver license and keep it. When you pay the fine at the station then they give you back the license. 

No, I got stopped at a checkpoint for driving under a yellow light. They issued me a ticket, kept my license and told me to drive to the police station to pay. So I went and fought the charge with a supervisor without success. Their really was no law saying you can not drive under a yellow light although the cop tried to show me some Thai paper saying it was a violation. It is a money scam. If they can not get you for no license or helmet they will find anything to fine you with. Even the head cop told me this. I had it all on video also. The fact though was they held my license and i had to pay at the cop shop. I then drove back and showed my receipt and got my license back. So in argument to your post, you can go pay immediately. Then show receipt and get your license back. 

Note the video, Thai woman on back of bike with no helmet was allowed to pass through checkpoint yet all foreigners driving bikes were stopped. This is your tourist friendly city. With this happening daily and then in related news cops walking into bars stopping all music and fin to perform checks on everyone. 

makes your holiday an extra special experience to remember so you never want to return 

15 hours ago, johng said:

Normally they will take the keys  and you have to show a receipt to get keys back..maybe this joker had a spare set of keys ?

Some do that. But my Thai friend says it’s illegal for them to demand paying right away. I got caught speeding a couple of months ago near Chiangmai. At checkpoint the cop waved me aside, showed me photo of speed camera taken a few moments earlier, wrote the ticket, asked for payment. I politely said it’s ok I’ll pay later. He handed me the ticket, went on my way. 
If you encounter a situation where police demand payment on the spot or take your vehicle keys etc tell them about the illegality pull out your smartphone and pretend or actually record the exchange. The cop will Sh!t himself and will let you go. 

10 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 07.11.11.png

yeah i know the law.. i was already under the light.. 3 more vehicles behind me were allowed to continue also because they were Thai. I was under the light waiting to turn when it changed to yellow. As were the vehicles behind me.

Edited by thesetat

13 hours ago, transam said:

What is porkies ?

I get 10 a month (average), always from the same camera on the 7 motorway.

The ones that clearly show with my hand out the window giving the camera the bird I frame and hang on the wall.... but only if doing the vehicles speed limit.

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Expat68 said:

You WILL pay. When you come to tax your vehicle your bill will be waiting 

Wrong.

Renewed my vehicle December last year with many many outstanding tickets, no fine.

This guy is high, drinking, taking pills ! Than he goes on YouTube to spill out all this stupid <deleted> ! Only Big Time Morons would do stuff like this or follow his example! All this does is piss Thai people off when it comes to Farangs!

2 hours ago, PJ71 said:

What's getting clobbered got to do with anything, you on your 3rd Chang or something Tranny boy?

Good morning Mr. Proby, Chang, nooo, I don't drink Chang, that's for folk like you that get 3/4 police tickets through the door every week........🤣