Forum upgrade in progress! ×

What happens if a foreigner doesn't pay a traffic infringement fine? Saw a video on Youtube

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

What is porkies ?

I get 10 a month (average), always from the same camera on the 7 motorway.

The ones that clearly show with my hand out the window giving the camera the bird I frame and hang on the wall.... but only if doing the vehicles speed limit.

Of course, you do, Ralphy..................:coffee1:................🤭

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Good morning Mr. Proby, Chang, nooo, I don't drink Chang, that's for folk like you that get 3/4 police tickets through the door every week........🤣

Tranny, finally awoken from a Chang buzz, did you find yourself in a doorway?

You remind me of a jack russel.

ps i don't drink, weed is my drug of choice - you're welcome.

18 hours ago, Trip Hop said:

Yep, just use the lane nearest the beach and avoid eye contact.  Dolphin roundabout/Terminal 21 can be a little bit trickier though!

I always take a right before roundabout and go around Terminal 21 , I almost got a DUI before Terminal was built , had a premonition , No I don’t drink anymore 

3 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

Some do that. But my Thai friend says it’s illegal for them to demand paying right away. I got caught speeding a couple of months ago near Chiangmai. At checkpoint the cop waved me aside, showed me photo of speed camera taken a few moments earlier, wrote the ticket, asked for payment. I politely said it’s ok I’ll pay later. He handed me the ticket, went on my way. 
If you encounter a situation where police demand payment on the spot or take your vehicle keys etc tell them about the illegality pull out your smartphone and pretend or actually record the exchange. The cop will Sh!t himself and will let you go. 

Not tried that but just say you have no money. Get ticket in mail and don’t pay it. Easy. This is the one smooth operation in Thailand, dont f it up peeps. Never pay a fine.

2 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Tranny, finally awoken from a Chang buzz, did you find yourself in a doorway?

You remind me of a jack russel.

ps i don't drink, weed is my drug of choice - you're welcome.

Pay attention now, this may be difficult for you, so take your time....:blink:

I don't drink Chang...😁

• Haha 1

What the fuss? You are wrong, get fined, pay the ticket and get on with life. Keep your papers in order and Bob's your uncle. 

Why should Thailand be more lenient than Europe, Australia or the US? Just because the locals have their means and ways it does not mean, that their wrong make it your right! 

10 minutes ago, transam said:

Pay attention now, this may be difficult for you, so take your time....:blink:

I don't drink Chang...😁

Yeah, ok, sure you don't.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, transam said:

You are another who likes to call people liars, Mr. Proby...

No description available.

You're a FBer........say no more Tranny, that's just confirmed what i thought.....sad

• Sad 1

Just now, PJ71 said:

You're a FBer........say no more Tranny, that's just confirmed what i thought.....sad

Well, at least readers now know you are a BS-er.................😂

Oh, and I drink Archa from a glass......................🤣

1 hour ago, Robert Paulson said:

Nothing. Don’t pay it. Never pay a traffic fine in Thailand. Ever

It is the same as immigration different province different rules 

18 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Oh Trans

They've been talking about fines being settled when taxing the vehicle for many years, i'm surprised you've not heard this.

I would estimate i get between 75-100 per year, it would not bother me if i had to pay this as i like to drive whatever speed i feel like.

I qualify as a dodgy geezer for not paying fines, do you have your own ranking system for this?

If you drive at whatever speed you feel like, then you are a total idiot. 

Maybe one day you'll become a statistic like all the other idiots that think they own the road. 

The fact you don't pay speeding tickets further emphasises your lack of understanding of what rules and regulations mean.

Don't come crying when some speed freak takes you out.  I only hope others don't suffer from your apparent 'give a damn' attitude. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, transam said:

Well, at least readers now know you are a BS-er.................😂

Oh, and I drink Archa from a glass......................🤣

How am i a BS-er?

Just coz you say so? doesn't work like that tranny....

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

If you drive at whatever speed you feel like, then you are a total idiot. 

Maybe one day you'll become a statistic like all the other idiots that think they own the road. 

The fact you don't pay speeding tickets further emphasises your lack of understanding of what rules and regulations mean.

Don't come crying when some speed freak takes you out.  I only hope others don't suffer from your apparent 'give a damn' attitude. 

hahahahaha - toys out the pram old chap?

• Confused 1

Just now, PJ71 said:

How am i a BS-er?

Just coz you say so? doesn't work like that tranny....

Oh, yes it does............:clap2:

Don't tell me you post from a phone and didn't see my bottle of Archa in the photo I sent, with your post in it too...........🤣

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Oh, yes it does............:clap2:

Don't tell me you post from a phone and didn't see my bottle of Archa in the photo I sent, with your post in it too...........🤣

no it doesn't tranny 🤯

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, bbi1 said:

I always speed up and cut through traffic on Beach Rd near the cop shop when I seem them standing there ready to pull over motorbikes. Never once have they been able to see and stop me because I'm driving too fast, would become too dangerous for them to try and run into the middle of the road. Because I don't want to waste my time and theirs. I've got my Thai licence and helmet on all the time so they wouldn't be able to fine me for anything anyway.

That's fine as long as you are not driving too fast as there are always people crossing at Beach Road.

22 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Just saw a video where a falang was stopped on Beach Rd outside the Cop Shop and didn't have a Thai motorbike licence or IDP. Cops issued him a 500 baht fine. He didn't have enough cash on him apparently, went into the cop shop to pay with a card if they would accept it, but they said cash only. He walked back out and back to his motorbike and rode off without paying.

We all know many Thais don't bother paying any traffic infringement fines but what happens with foreigners? Do they even lodge those paper fines into the computer system and do they issue the fines to the owners of the bikes if not paid? For example, rental company or rental person if privately rented?

Here's the video, start around the 18:15 mark: 

41 minutes....your'e joking.

22 hours ago, bbi1 said:

I always speed up and cut through traffic on Beach Rd near the cop shop when I seem them standing there ready to pull over motorbikes. Never once have they been able to see and stop me because I'm driving too fast, would become too dangerous for them to try and run into the middle of the road. Because I don't want to waste my time and theirs. I've got my Thai licence and helmet on all the time so they wouldn't be able to fine me for anything anyway.

Speeding and dangerous driving?

6 hours ago, thesetat said:

No, I got stopped at a checkpoint for driving under a yellow light. They issued me a ticket, kept my license and told me to drive to the police station to pay. So I went and fought the charge with a supervisor without success. Their really was no law saying you can not drive under a yellow light although the cop tried to show me some Thai paper saying it was a violation. It is a money scam. If they can not get you for no license or helmet they will find anything to fine you with. Even the head cop told me this. I had it all on video also. The fact though was they held my license and i had to pay at the cop shop. I then drove back and showed my receipt and got my license back. So in argument to your post, you can go pay immediately. Then show receipt and get your license back. 

Note the video, Thai woman on back of bike with no helmet was allowed to pass through checkpoint yet all foreigners driving bikes were stopped. This is your tourist friendly city. With this happening daily and then in related news cops walking into bars stopping all music and fin to perform checks on everyone. 

makes your holiday an extra special experience to remember so you never want to return 

How much do they fine you for running a yellow light or running a red light?

21 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Who told you they fine you when pay tax, have you experienced this first hand?

I must have hundreds of tickets i've never paid, never been questioned whilst taxing any of my vehicles, not once.

You must be one of the only ones then.

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

You mean you actually think before posting. I doubt it.