Anutin tells Swiss man Urs Fehr he should go home

webfact

what a freaking moron this guy is... "he should go home", well he already is at home you dumb<deleted>! Difficult for you to understand but this farang has made Thailand his home for many decades already and likely doesn't have a home back in Switzerland! 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Carlotta said:

The Swiss lived long enough in Thailand to know the culture, rules and laws. There are NO excuses for his behaviour. Now please 1. Compensation, 2. Jail, 3. Ban, 4. Outta!!! Never come back. ...and take his assets maybe too.🙏 Anutin's statement is just the mainstream. So what?

From what I frequently read in this forum re Thai men, it seems like he knows the culture well enough and was behaving along with lowbrow Thai male behaviour, so why should his penalty be so tremendously much more than it would be for a Thai? I'd be very surprised to hear if a Thai man had to pay more than 500-1,000 (maybe a little more since they both have money and inflated egos to go with it) with a deep wai and apology for such a simple issue. Is that considered an excuse? It isn't an excuse for his behaviour, but it should be reasoning to appeal to logical, even handed treatment by the authorities.
Whether Anutin's statement is mainstream or not is another story. But I have words for Anutin that would be better not to put into print.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, bob smith said:

how does one get judged to be undesirable?

who is the arbiter of such a profound and subjective statement?

let me guess, the Thai public?

Well, you can easily discover that for yourself in innumerable ways. Get creative.

Immigration determines whether a foreigner is undesirable or not, as Fehr has discovered. Unlike yourself, he doesn't find it in the least funny. But he probably sneered right along with you until arrested. No pics of him sneering at the station. No, that humble wai--just as you'd do, LOL.

Ostensibly (note) Immigration does represent the interests of the Thai public in keeping undesirables out. In this case a mob of Thais even mounted a public demonstration against Fehr. They don't often do that against a particular foreigner. Must be owing to, ah, something he did. Yes, Thais have a perfect right to kick out anyone they find undesirable for whatever reason, whether YOU agree or not. 🤣 You can suck it up or whinge and posture--who cares? 

• Agree 2

41 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

visa revocation is a separate issue and doesn't come under the court's remit

Court's remit is he guilty of assault or not

Here someone else that got told to go for else and no court case

Gary Glitter given 'unconditional' deadline to leave Thailand

The former rock star Gary Glitter is being forced to leave Thailand because he poses a “threat to domestic morality”.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/2590974/Gary-Glitter-given-unconditional-deadline-to-leave-Thailand.html

Being separate issues is all fine and good. That doesn't mean a  very powerful politician's statements won't bring prejudice to cases before courts. I believe that's the point.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, bob smith said:

Commenting in this manner publicly by a senior member of government during an ongoing investigation is both unprofessional and extremely dangerous.

He is, in effect, subverting the rule of law by turning it into a personal vendetta motivated by his general dislike for farangs.

Shocking behavior as always.

Swiss david doesn’t stand a chance of a fair trial.

Not that I expected anything different..

TIT!…

(Or is it China? Sometimes the line is so blurred I can barely tell the difference!)

Bob.

You don't need to be tried and convicted to be declared undesireable and deported - you/he (generically) are not a permanent resident nor a citizen with a right of abode.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bob smith said:

Commenting in this manner publicly by a senior member of government during an ongoing investigation is both unprofessional and extremely dangerous.

He is, in effect, subverting the rule of law by turning it into a personal vendetta motivated by his general dislike for farangs.

Shocking behavior as always.

Swiss david doesn’t stand a chance of a fair trial.

Not that I expected anything different..

TIT!…

(Or is it China? Sometimes the line is so blurred I can barely tell the difference!)

Bob.

You don't need to be tried and convicted to be declared undesireable and deported - you/he (generically) are not a permanent resident nor a citizen with a right of abode.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Well, you can easily discover that for yourself in innumerable ways. Get creative.

Immigration determines whether a foreigner is undesirable or not, as Fehr has discovered. Unlike yourself, he doesn't find it in the least funny. But he probably sneered right along with you until arrested. No pics of him sneering at the station. No, that humble wai--just as you'd do, LOL.

Ostensibly (note) Immigration does represent the interests of the Thai public in keeping undesirables out. In this case a mob of Thais even mounted a public demonstration against Fehr. They don't often do that against a particular foreigner. Must be owing to, ah, something he did. Yes, Thais have a perfect right to kick out anyone they find undesirable for whatever reason, whether YOU agree or not. 🤣 You can suck it up or whinge and posture--who cares? 

If he kicked a tramp would it have had the same effect?

i doubt it.

The elitism and hypocrisy of this country makes me sick to my stomach!

Keep crying infront of the camera, doctor! the stress must be unbearable for you!.... You should have been an actress!

bob.

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

There seems to be a lot of murky details about what exactly happened (was the doctor actually kicked)

The video is a pretty strong indication but what clinches it is that Fehr admits he "actually" kicked the doctor, with the laughable excuse that he "slipped." Good 'nuff. 

We keep ignoring his admission in order to maintain the favored narrative.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bob smith said:

If he kicked a tramp would it have had the same effect?

Irrelevant. Try to think, bob.

The elitism and hypocrisy of this country makes me sick to my stomach!

Anutin will tell you what you should do as well. Man up and take the test. Besides, you're constantly posturing as a forum elite for that low Brit peanut gallery.

Keep crying infront of the camera, doctor! the stress must be unbearable for you!.... You should have been an actress!

Fehr, keep bowing and giving wais and trying the bribes. Contrary to our experts, we're not seeing a lot the predicted results yet, however.

Edited by BigStar

3 minutes ago, Sig said:

He's also sending a loud and clear message to the court on how he thinks they should rule. That's the problem. It's completely unethical.

I heard him say he wanted him to LEAVE - not anything about the outcome of the trial (assuming he stays). 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Sig said:

From what I frequently read in this forum re Thai men, it seems like he knows the culture well enough and was behaving along with lowbrow Thai male behaviour, so why should his penalty be so tremendously much more than it would be for a Thai? I'd be very surprised to hear if a Thai man had to pay more than 500-1,000 (maybe a little more since they both have money and inflated egos to go with it) with a deep wai and apology for such a simple issue. Is that considered an excuse? It isn't an excuse for his behaviour, but it should be reasoning to appeal to logical, even handed treatment by the authorities.
Whether Anutin's statement is mainstream or not is another story. But I have words for Anutin that would be better not to put into print.

It's because his actions also caused social unrest, hundreds of people protesting against him and what he did. Thailand doesn't need or want mobs protesting. Also, he tried to circumvent justice by using his and his wife's influence and wealth. When hundreds of Thai get upset of what you do, you can expect more than a slap on the wrist. A 1,000 baht fine for Fehr is nothing, his company, co-owed by his wife, had revenue exceeding 40,000,000 baht last year.

Edited by Banana7
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

I heard him say he wanted him to LEAVE - not anything about the outcome of the trial (assuming he stays). 

You don't think the message is clear from that?🤔

Just now, Sig said:

You don't think the message is clear from that?🤔

Message is irrelevant, courts are a different branch (in this case not co-equal but in many ways superior to the legislative branch).  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It shows the level of politicians that they make a comment in public, Anutin is correct in his go home comment, is.it only me that finds Swiss a little bit irritating especially if they been on the turps.

3 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

It's because his actions also caused social unrest, hundreds of people protesting against him and what he did. Thailand doesn't need or want mobs protesting. Also, he tried to circumvent justice by using his and his wife's influence and wealth. When hundreds of Thai get upset of what you do, you can expect more than a slap on the wrist. A 1,000 baht fine for Fehr is nothing, his company, co-owed by his wife, had revenue exceeding 40,000,000 baht last year.

You are talking about stuff that all happened after the apology and "fine" would have been paid at the police station on the day of the incident. Apples and oranges don't compare well. Of course his and the doctor's wealth and societal standing play a role and that's why I qualified what I said about the compensatory amount. It doesn't really matter what the revenue of his company was when they are in the police station negotiating. That is, again, all stuff that wouldn't be known until the doctor and farang hating media idiots got a hold of the story and created social unrest over it.

27 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

Anutin is just trying avoid wasting Thai administration resources and Fehr's money. Fehr's visa has already been canceled and even if the appeal is successful in a court, Anutin indicates he can deport Fehr.

Anutin is also sending a clear message to all foreigners, Thailand doesn't tolerate foreigners who assault Thai people and try to buy their way out of situations that causes social unrest. 

What about the Russian who was "punished" with a fine for kicking the pregnant Thai lady? Any comment from a nut in charge on that one or is he waiting to top up his Swiss bank account?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

this farang has made Thailand his home for many decades already

That was a delusion to regard his residence as an unconditional and irrevocable right. So he became smug and arrogant and violated the rules of the house.

27 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

likely doesn't have a home back in Switzerland! 

Poor baby. He'll make out OK. 

4 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Message is irrelevant, courts are a different branch (in this case not co-equal but in many ways superior to the legislative branch).  

Being a different branch of government has nothing to do with it. You seriously have never heard the uproar when a President or a Prime Minister (or other high ranking official, like maybe an Interior Minister....) makes a comment on a pending court case that is creating a stir in the public??? It happens on occasion and is always (except maybe in countries like Thailand?) met with immediate reproval from many quarters, except maybe the idiot's own partisan political party hacks. It is irresponsible and unethical, full stop.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Sig said:

You are talking about stuff that all happened after the apology and "fine" would have been paid at the police station on the day of the incident

Not if the victim chooses to press charges, as they have the right to do. I think she's thoroughly PO'd at being treated like a dog by this arrogant foreign pr*ck. Can't say that I blame her.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sig said:

Being a different branch of government has nothing to do with it. You seriously have never heard the uproar when a President or a Prime Minister (or other high ranking official, like maybe an Interior Minister....) makes a comment on a pending court case that is creating a stir in the public??? It happens on occasion and is always (except maybe in countries like Thailand?) met with immediate reproval from many quarters, except maybe the idiot's own partisan political party hacks. It is irresponsible and unethical, full stop.

I don't think Thailand has jury trials - so there is no jury to taint.  That is the main issue with fair trials is that they can make it unfair if you cannot seat a jury that is unbias... in countries with rights to jury trials you have to be more careful.  I believe Singapore has a 3 judge system... here, I am not sure but I have not heard of juries.

4 minutes ago, Clarkey611 said:

What about the Russian who was "punished" with a fine for kicking the pregnant Thai lady? Any comment from a nut in charge on that one or is he waiting to top up his Swiss bank account?

He may have closed his Swiss accounts after not being allowed a visit🤣
Singapore is closer to home anyway. Many Burma Army Generals bank there... He may have decided to keep his money closer to home. Or maybe not... The Cayman Islands, Luxembourg, or Monaco might be quite nice places to visit too.😅

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Sig said:

It is irresponsible and unethical, full stop.

No, making a clear denunciation against bribery attempts and undue influence was quite ethical. As Fehr is attempting to appeal his visa revocation, a very strong warning that it will be useless seems helpful so that Fehr needn't waste legal fees and get his hopes up. The prosecution and judge will be constrained by law as to the penalties they may apply. And there is enough evidence for a court hearing.

So, wait and see.

4 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Not if the victim chooses to press charges, as they have the right to do. I think she's thoroughly PO'd at being treated like a dog by this arrogant foreign pr*ck. Can't say that I blame her.

Yes, of course, there are always occasions out of the ordinary. I was talking about the typical situation. And even he being "PO'd" like this, the police can be very persuasive, IF they want to be. I don't imagine the pregnant lady was any less PO'd at being kicked the other day.... No big media uproar, protests, and Anutin interference on that one....
I don't blame her either. But it is way out of hand at this point. It's a very simple assault case. Nothing that doesn't happen every single day in every small city.

4 hours ago, bob smith said:

do you think it is rational behavior for a public servant to tell a foreigner to ‘go home?’

bob.

The court case has nothing to do with his visa. Anutin has the power to revoke his visa and is basically telling Urs how it is, 'You can appeal but it will fall on deaf ears, stop wasting my time and go home'. Anutin wants his brownie points from the press. When one reaches a certain level in any government one is no longer a public servant but a lord and commander, sometimes all it takes is a traffic cops uniform.

• Agree 2