Hotel Bangkok

Hummin

Last time stayed at Lebua State in Silom, and now looking for a new hotel with great swimmingpool, good fitness center, and relative good location close to restaurants. Useally we stay Sukhumvit close to Terminal 21 or Silom 

Links please

up to 6000 a night included breakfest

28 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Le Meridien Silom.

15 500 two nights.

Fitness medium

Very few hotels I have been to who have well equipped fitness room, and a decent swimmingpool.

Amara Silom half price compared, with great rooftop swimmingpool, but lack of shadow, and very poor fitness room. 

Breakfest great.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

Thank you for your advise. 

Travelling quite a bit, so it is nice to keep my training scedule. 

How does that make a super B gym important, training can be done in the <deleted>tiest gyms 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

How does that make a super B gym important, training can be done in the <deleted>tiest gyms 

You dont even need a gym to exercise, good point

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hummin said:

You dont even need a gym to exercise, good point

I'm guessing but I would have thought that for about 3 years gym membership you could equip yourself with a very extensive equipment set up, I know I have, use it every day. 

1 minute ago, Wobblybob said:

I'm guessing but I would have thought that for about 3 years gym membership you could equip yourself with a very extensive equipment set up, I know I have, use it every day. 

I have full home gym, and while Im travelling I enjoy nice facilities, and hotels with decent gym/fitness center and a good pool. Not easy to find in BKK. So therefor I ask here and hoped to hear from someone who know.

16 minutes ago, Hummin said:

How many managed to give a helpful answer so far? 

One  hotel recommendation so far! 

Have you tried Booking.com and then use the filter option to find the gym of your dreams. You know it makes sense. 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Have you tried Booking.com and then use the filter option to find the gym of your dreams. You know it makes sense. 

Yes I have done, and use Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and trip advisors, but it really doesnt help much if you do not understand what Im looking for. A functional fitness or gym which have well maintained machines and have enough free weights for one who is an advanced lifter. As well manage to swim a lap or two in a decent sized pool. 

This tread could have been a nice guide, but

Booking gives you a picture that often do not fit your first impression when first there, and I think most who spends little bit more than 1200 baht on a decent hotel had that experienced once or twice. 

What use do we have of this forum if nobody ask question, and use google instead? 

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Yes I have done, and use Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and trip advisors, but it really doesnt help much if you do not understand what Im looking for. A functional fitness or gym which have well maintained machines and have enough free weights for one who is an advanced lifter. As well manage to swim a lap or two in a decent sized pool. 

This tread could have been a nice guide, but

Booking gives you a picture that often do not fit your first impression when first there, and I think most who spends little bit more than 1200 baht on a decent hotel had that experienced once or twice. 

What use do we have of this forum if nobody ask question, and use google instead? 

Sorry only tried to be helpful, in future I shall keep my thoughts to myself but chock dee.🥴

• Thumbs Up 1

Pool, gym, brekkie, downtown, up to ฿6k, on a forum where people complain about the price of a beer or a burger, live in 1 room condo, box hotels, don't even travel or live here, refuse to pay for electric or petrol ...

... and you're looking for suggests for 3* plus hotel ... :cheesy:

Mirror On The Wall GIF - Mirror On The Wall - Discover & Share GIFs

Oh crap ... I ain't got nothing either.  Haven't stay in a hotel over ฿2k in years :coffee1:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Sorry only tried to be helpful, in future I shall keep my thoughts to myself but chock dee.🥴

Most people know how to use google and booking apps today, and there is a few gym guides on google searches to, but not exactly where I want to stay or fit my budget. Max price Im willing to pay is 6000 pr night including breakfest. 3000 is better. 

9 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Pool, gym, brekkie, downtown, up to ฿6k, on a forum where people complain about the price of a beer or a burger, live in 1 room condo, box hotels, don't even travel or live here, refuse to pay for electric or petrol ...

... and you're looking for suggests for 3* plus hotel ... :cheesy:

Mirror On The Wall GIF - Mirror On The Wall - Discover & Share GIFs

Oh crap ... I ain't got nothing either.  Haven't stay in a hotel over ฿2k in years :coffee1:

Me and my wife, live on a farm for less than 1200 baht a day all included, including pay for parents for their work helping out, so it is ok to upgrade a bit for a few days once and awhile when having the chance. 

• Like 1

Is this for an longer stay, more than 1 week.  May want to consider some of the serviced apartments, with small kitchen facilities, larger frig.   I haven't stayed in anything I'd consider 3* or above in a while (Sheraton Grand Suk), and years ago, so many newer places, as even then it seemed dated.

I've stay at larger ! bedrooms, buy don't use gyms or even the pool usually.  No personal reference of Oakwood property, hear they are nice.  

edit: so R&R ... then peek at this one:

I've stayed at Chatrium Riverside, comfy, larger rooms, pool, buffet, don't know about gym, within your budget, and they have other properties.  Join their member club if choosing them, nice discounts.   Avoid the Chinese restaurant there, as never had customers, a bit telling.

One of the better places I've stayed at, but, riverside, which has it's pros & cons.  Does have it's own river boat shuttle to pier, and maybe direct to ICONSIAM now, if not, goes to Sathorn Taskin to transfer.   Have dog now, so we go LoSo hotels.  

If not riverside, then maybe, Emporium Suites by Chatrium is connected to Emporium & BTS .. added convenience.  They have a couple other properties.

EmQuater across the street had the downstairs dining courtyard/restaurants, and was nice when we were there, pre-covid though.

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, Irons said:

Landmark executive lounge wine beer and canapés 5pm until 7pm restaurant to people watch good pool and free use of the Gym 

That looks promising, thank you 

I know what it is like to operate a health and fitness schedule for more than 40 years but I will not be a slave to it.

There are many hotels in Bangkok that have excellent facilities and nice pools but it seems for you it has to be perfect or...

Make do while you are away from your regular facilities and accept that any perceived shortcomings will have little or no effect on your fitness levels.

• Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, Hummin said:

looking for a new hotel with great swimmingpool, good fitness center, and relative good location close to restaurants. Useally we stay Sukhumvit close to Terminal 21 

up to 6000 a night included breakfest

Grande Centrepoint at T21 seems to tick all your boxes although it's not new, about 12 years old. I've previously used the gym and pool there which was well equipped.

image.thumb.png.aa8b1440dcf47ac159875f12bcbeb82a.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChrisKC said:

I know what it is like to operate a health and fitness schedule for more than 40 years but I will not be a slave to it.

There are many hotels in Bangkok that have excellent facilities and nice pools but it seems for you it has to be perfect or...

Make do while you are away from your regular facilities and accept that any perceived shortcomings will have little or no effect on your fitness levels.

I use bangkok for stopover a few days when travelling, and it is a great time consuming activity as well help jet lag, an excuse for drink little and eat well. 

I can drop my weight training when going for holiday 2 weeks, and it is healthy to do a few breaks during a year, but start skipping passes because of travelling, my experience its to easy to fall out of a good routine and start making excuses. 

And as said, I enjoy good quiet hotels with facilities and good food especially breakfast.