Exclusive: Liz Truss interview – ‘The world was safer when Trump was in charge’

Social Media

4 hours ago, nauseus said:

Members of the UK Supreme Court are more selected, rather than elected. You can read about the process easily via Google.

Truss, like many, believe that the creation of the Supreme Court was an unecessary move by Blair, which effectively distanced judiciary power away from Parliament and the UK Constitution. This Supreme Court has only existed for 15 years and could easily be returned to the Lords as the (previously existing) Appellate Court. 

The executive, legislative and judiciary should be separated. If the creation of the Supreme Court increased the separation from the other two entities then that is a positive imo.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Still trying to decide which interview was worse: Andrew's or Liz's. I'm leaning towards Liz. Maitlis had little sympathy for Andrew. The Spectator is a right-of-centre periodical broadly sympathetic to Tory politicians, which makes Trusses'  interview even more of a 'car crash'.

If proof was needed that Liz Truss was totally unsuitable for - and out of her depth as - PM then this interview offers an hour's worth of evidence. 

I would feel sorry for her having to go through such public humiliations if it wasn't for the fact that she volunteers for this type of punishment. She must be a masochist.

13 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I recall a member of this forum posting that he fancied her.

Let that sink in.

Resorting to ridiculing someone's looks is always loathsome and hateful.

Perhaps you could post a pic of yourself so we could compare and contrast? Given the content of your posts and your charity bike rides with the Womens Institute I'm sure you're a real beaut x

• Confused 3

17 minutes ago, RayC said:

Still trying to decide which interview was worse: Andrew's or Liz's. I'm leaning towards Liz. Maitlis had little sympathy for Andrew. The Spectator is a right-of-centre periodical broadly sympathetic to Tory politicians, which makes Trusses'  interview even more of a 'car crash'.

If proof was needed that Liz Truss was totally unsuitable for - and out of her depth as - PM then this interview offers an hour's worth of evidence. 

I would feel sorry for her having to go through such public humiliations if it wasn't for the fact that she volunteers for this type of punishment. She must be a masochist.

I don’t post videos nor do I bother viewing those posted by others in this discussion forum but for those interested there are some truly humiliating performances from Truss recorded in video; a brief online search will deliver them…. But I advise caution if imbibing hot drinks.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, charleskerins said:

I'm sure Hamas was thinking about Biden when they attacked 

Biden has been arming Ukraine  - the GOP MAGATS are on Russia's side- Biden doesn't kiss Putin's ass.  

How are the Houthis doing?  You know the dead ones .how about the terrorists in Syria -you know the dead ones.

You are clueless about the strength of Joe Biden ; absolutely clueless.

Can someone translate what he said?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What on earth are you rabbiting on about?

I never mentioned her looks.

I didn’t mention who it was who fancied her either …. Sorry if I upset any feelings you might have.

He refutes posts that he fabricates the content of said posts.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What on earth are you rabbiting on about?

I never mentioned her looks.

You implied it was bizarre that someone could fancy her. 

Of course attractiveness is not all physical. It can also be personality. But we all know your argumentative nature and political views. So let's see the final piece of the jigsaw. Those over 60 feminist bike rides must have kept you in great shape so don't be shy. Post a pic, we can compare you to Truss since you think attractiveness is so important. We can judge you, as you judged her. 

• Confused 2

17 hours ago, nauseus said:

Members of the UK Supreme Court are more selected, rather than elected. You can read about the process easily via Google.

Truss, like many, believe that the creation of the Supreme Court was an unecessary move by Blair, which effectively distanced judiciary power away from Parliament and the UK Constitution. This Supreme Court has only existed for 15 years and could easily be returned to the Lords as the (previously existing) Appellate Court. 

Thanks. But I guess there is no supreme court that is elected by the people? 

Edited by Purdey
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, honcho said:

youre allowed your opinion but facts cant be argued with...the world was safer!

Your opinion is not a fact .Your opinion is not correct.     Your opinion can be argued with.

Your confused about the definition of a fact.  

Edited by charleskerins
nm
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, newnative said:

Hate to say it but . . . dumb blonde.  Surprised she was ever considered PM material and even more surprised she lasted a whole 50 days.

Please tell me/us why....?  🤔

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Purdey said:

Thanks. But I guess there is no supreme court that is elected by the people? 

You guess right. But I didn't say that it is.

17 hours ago, RayC said:

The executive, legislative and judiciary should be separated. If the creation of the Supreme Court increased the separation from the other two entities then that is a positive imo.

That is the way according to the US Constitution. The UK Constitution does not require this separation of powers so rigidly. 

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

That is the way according to the US Constitution. The UK Constitution does not require this separation of powers so rigidly. 

Agreed but the US constitution is codified, the UK's is not and is based on precedent, so it could be said that the constitution as a whole is less 'rigid' in the UK compared with the US.

Nevertheless, the separation of powers in the UK has been recognised as being desirable for centuries. The previous system whereby judicial and executive/legislative powers were invested in the same institution i.e. the House of Lords blurred that distinction. IMO the creation of the UK Supreme Court was long overdue and initiatives which help to expand the distinction should be welcomed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, RayC said:

Agreed but the US constitution is codified, the UK's is not and is based on precedent, so it could be said that the constitution as a whole is less 'rigid' in the UK compared with the US.

Nevertheless, the separation of powers in the UK has been recognised as being desirable for centuries. The previous system whereby judicial and executive/legislative powers were invested in the same institution i.e. the House of Lords blurred that distinction. IMO the creation of the UK Supreme Court was long overdue and initiatives which help to expand the distinction should be welcomed.

OK then, our opinions differ, as usual.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, newnative said:

Anybody who could possibly think the world was safer when Trump was in charge goes into the 'dumb' column.  

So that's it, one comment about Trump, I thought as much.................😂

41 minutes ago, transam said:

So that's it, one comment about Trump, I thought as much.................😂

Yep, you're right. A nice change. If his name had not been in the headline then it would have been Trump this, MAGA that, every other post! 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/16/2024 at 4:18 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

Nevertheless, the UK Supreme Court only adjudicates on matters of UK law, which has been around for a lot longer then 15 years.

Her target is to remove Government from judicial scrutiny, place Government above the law.

There are no better examples of why that’s her desire and why it’s a really bad idea than her own behavior and the behavior of her immediate predecessor when in possession of executive power.

She’s barking.

But don’t be fooled, she’s also a rightwing extremist, a very dangerous individual.

Witness the damage she did in under 50 days.

Another cancellation then? You sound like that Mayor of Brussels.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What?

Point out where I even suggested ‘cancelling’ Truss.

Go on, give it your best go.

You guess about what her "targets" and "desires" are, then comment on her behavior, mental state and being a dangerous rightwing extremist in a rathers ensationa way. This misuse of this rightwing label is far too frequent - the Mayor of Brussels used it yesterday after trying to shut down a conservative conference there - that seems a type of attempted cancellation to me. 

I just asked a question but you immediately started throwing your toys out of the pram.

But I won’t be fooled by your far leftwing antics.

Edited by nauseus
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You guess about what her "targets" and "desires" are, then comment on her behavior, mental state and being a dangerous rightwing extremist in a rathers ensational way. This misuse of this rightwing label is far too frequent - the Mayor of Brussels used it yesterday after trying to shut down a conservative conference there - that seems a type of attempted cancellation to me. 

I just asked a question but you immediately started throwing your toys out of the pram.

But I won’t be fooled by your far leftwing antics.

"This misuse of this rightwing label is far too frequent -"

"But I won’t be fooled by your far leftwing antics.".

Aren't you being just a tad hypocritical here?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1