TM30 Registration (Sorry)

Hi all,

I have searched the forums and read many TM30 threads but am stuck.

I arrived in Thailand on a 90 day non O and plan to do a 12 month extension of stay at CW in a couple of months. I live in Bangkok with my wife and kids in a house in my wife's name. I am trying to register her on here - https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30/#/external/security/register/reg-web - so she can file a TM30. I fill it out, I've uploaded her ID and tabien bahn but get an error that says "no data or insufficient data" when I try to register. Maybe it needs more documents as it looks like they expect three but I don't understand exactly what they mean. What should there be? There is no business license or lease agreement as this is our house. Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 12.45.22.png

The last time I tried this nonsense it just wouldn't work.

As I write this my wife is at immigration doing in in person.

Good luck with Thai government websites!

• Agree 2

I had the same problem.....I'm pretty sure I was not uploading the documents correctly...... can't recall what I did wrong or how I corrected it, but it was definitely related to uploading stuff.

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I had the same problem.....I'm pretty sure I was not uploading the documents correctly...... can't recall what I did wrong or how I corrected it, but it was definitely related to uploading stuff.

Thanks. So that means you did somehow get it working eventually?

22 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Thanks. So that means you did somehow get it working eventually?

Yes.....thought I had uploaded...but somehow they hadn't and had to either do again of do on a different screen or in a different section????....soz...can't remember the details.....but did get them to upload and it all worked fine.

26 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Yes.....thought I had uploaded...but somehow they hadn't and had to either do again of do on a different screen or in a different section????....soz...can't remember the details.....but did get them to upload and it all worked fine.

Ok, thanks, so a glimer of hope is out there. Otherwise it is a trip to CW on Monday which I'd rather avoid.

12 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

You have to upload documents <2mb so that could be the problem?

I used "Lens" app on my phone to scan condo chanote and that uploaded easily

Thanks, but yeah, all are below 2mb.

2 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

You're registering you as the foreigner, but I don't see an upload of your passport ID page.

I am registering my wife (Thai) as the owner of the house. I assumed my documents will go in the next stage when she does the actual TM30 - this is just registering an account on the system. Unless I'm wrong?

Has the TM30 registration actually been approved with  us this took 3 3days then we could complete the actual TM30 for me.

Also the site a bit fussy with how you load data. You need to see the green tick against property address as approved before you cñ load the actual TM30 for you. You need then print this TM30  page as you cannot find it in a search after 7 days. 

4 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I am registering my wife (Thai) as the owner of the house. I assumed my documents will go in the next stage when she does the actual TM30 - this is just registering an account on the system. Unless I'm wrong?

I registered as the 'foreigner'.

Uploaded copy of passport and yellow house book - completed. 
Try the 'foreigner' option, upload copy of passport, wife ID card and Tabien Baan.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Hi all,

I arrived in Thailand on a 90 day non O and plan to do a 12 month extension of stay at CW in a couple of months. I live in Bangkok with my wife and kids in a house in my wife's name. I am trying to register her on here - https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30/#/external/security/register/reg-web - so she can file a TM30. I fill it out, I've uploaded her ID and tabien bahn but get an error that says "no data or insufficient data" when I try to register. Maybe it needs more documents as it looks like they expect three but I don't understand exactly what they mean. What should there be? There is no business license or lease agreement as this is our house. Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Do you not need to tick the boxes of the documents you are trying to upload?

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Mutt Daeng

12 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I was checking this TM30 online now as I should do it again for our trip here and just saw this thread :smile:

Had a look and one thing I noticed is I used all .jpg files, not .pdf. Maybe that's the problem.

Also, once the person has setup their details AND the house details, you are set to add "stays" to it.

When you first login the house should show as "Approved" and that's where you select ADD at the bottom, another pop-up and fill out the form and submit.

I tried a few days ago to do the TM30 on the web app - TM30.io.  Very frustrating.  I managed to get my wife registered as the landlord, and eventually a message from TM30.io that I had been registered with immigration, and could get a hard copy when I visited the immigration office or using the button below.  Button below didn't work, and I haven't yet been to the immigration office.  File attached below.  I can imagine the problem when I next visit the immigration office, especially as it's Jomtien.  Anybody with some useful ideas, feel free to share them.

Thanks

Screenshot from 2024-04-18 14-34-48.png

19 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

I registered as the 'foreigner'.

Uploaded copy of passport and yellow house book - completed. 
Try the 'foreigner' option, upload copy of passport, wife ID card and Tabien Baan.

That's exactly the same as what I did to register myself.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Do you not need to tick the boxes of the documents you are trying to upload?

Untitled.jpg

Thanks. Actually that didn't work but you did steer my attention in the right direction. I needed to give both documents a name by typing in these boxes. Seems to have worked now. Woo hoo!!

Thanks for the help!

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

hi

well i cannot say what wrong you are doing but yes you are doing something wrong.

i did it a week ago and its was super easy.

i suggest you check the locations of your files where you are uploading. i do remember you need to upload like 2 different places. i also named the files such as ID and housebook

Edited by problemfarang

12 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

You have to upload documents <2mb so that could be the problem?

I used "Lens" app on my phone to scan condo chanote and that uploaded easily

well i photo my documents with my full resolution photo samsung phone which is 4K and it did accepted. was less then 2mb. i really dont think its the 2mb limit

If I want to register myself as a foreigner who owns a condo in Thailand, what kind of documents are needed except my passport? I don't have yellow book since I understand it is very difficult to get. I have blue book for my condo and Chanote (title deed).

Can someone tell me if these documents are enough and if I need to upload them during registration or during filling of TM30 report? Thanks.

23 minutes ago, Alldar said:

If I want to register myself as a foreigner who owns a condo in Thailand, what kind of documents are needed except my passport? I don't have yellow book since I understand it is very difficult to get. I have blue book for my condo and Chanote (title deed).

Can someone tell me if these documents are enough and if I need to upload them during registration or during filling of TM30 report? Thanks.

As I have just done this for our house in my wife's name, we just needed ID card and blue book (tabien bahn). So I imagine it would be the same for you.

You need to upload these during the initial registration stage (see my posts above). Once your property is registered to be somewhere that can receive foreign "guests" you can then move on to the actual filing of a TM30 for yourself.

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

As I have just done this for our house in my wife's name, we just needed ID card and blue book (tabien bahn). So I imagine it would be the same for you.

Well, when I was registering myself at immigration they asked for a copy of Chanote as well. It would be nice if Chanote is not needed, but I am a bit sceptical.

Your wife is probably listed in the blue book but I am not there since only Thai people could be in the blue book.

If someone has actual experience what documents were needed for a registration of a foreigner and in which step, please let me know. 

On 4/18/2024 at 1:05 PM, Will B Good said:

You have to pay attention to how big the image files are. Jpg (photo) flles can be downsized with free software. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/18/2024 at 7:48 AM, josephbloggs said:

Hi all,

Many thanks.

To my knowledge and experience, it needs to be images as jpegs, you cannot use pdf.

18 hours ago, khunPer said:

To my knowledge and experience, it needs to be images as jpegs, you cannot use pdf.

No, PDFs are fine. Hou'll see from my follow ups I found where I was going wrong and it worked. 

• Thanks 1

Just reporting back that my TM30 submission is confirmed. Once I got over the initial registration process problem that drove me to post here for help (not giving the documents a name in the boxes) the rest was surprisingly easy. Easy to complete the registration of the house owner (my wife), and then easy to submit a TM30. I didn't receive a confirmation by email as others say they did, but easy to extract a PDF from the site that I can print and bring along when I do my extension. Well done Thai immigration, it works pretty well.