Single Farang has sex in sea: Onlookers see, resulting in death of Farang.

4 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Wow.

Now you are confusing Psychiatry with Neuroscience?

No, Psychiatry is not science.

Yes, of course, neuroscience can be considered a science, depending upon how the research is done.

I'm not confusing anything with anything. You are plain confused, gullible and without the proper knowledge on this subject, and are making claims because you believe in what a few have said, while facts speak for themselves. I go by facts. You go by what some people say that have had a bad experience with a certain drug or method. And the more you post, the more you are trying to convince me you're right, when you are only making an opinion garnered from what a few have said, not by the research that has been done and proven. Like I said before, try actually reading a book by a psychiatrist or psychologist before just nitpicking excerpts from people who have had problems by taking the wrong medication.

• Love It 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

This, like all I write, isn't my opinion. And narcissism has no cure.

Are you sure there is no cure for narcissism?

What about....

"The Talking Cure"

Surely that would work!

It is said that there is no cure, simply because most narcissists are happy in their narcissism, and their narcissism provides benefits for them, meaning that they feel very little motivation to change.

But I am curious now.

You say that you have read so many (countless) science articles and science books.

Therefore, does this mean that you are able to provide your view of what Science is?

Are you even able to state clearly and concisely your definition of what Science is?

You have already stated that I am mistaken in my view of what Science is.

Fine. In your opinion, what is Science?

Edited by GammaGlobulin

15 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Are you sure there is no cure for narcissism?

What about....

"The Talking Cure"

Surely that would work!

It is said that there is no cure, simply because most narcissists are happy in their narcissism, and their narcissism provides benefits for them, meaning that they feel very little motivation to change.

But I am curious now.

You say that you have read so many (countless) science articles and science books.

Therefore, does this mean that you are able to provide your view of what Science is?

Are you even able to state clearly and concisely your definition of what Science is?

You have already stated that I am mistaken in my view of what Science is.

Fine. In your opinion, what is Science?

I think you, like some others, don't really read what I write, and just skim through, missing the details. I didn't say anything about reading science books. I read about psychology, depression, narcissism, relationships and the like. Science, to me, is the same as it is to everyone else. The study of the natural world based on evidence from experimentation, observation and testing. I didn't say you were mistaken in your view of science. I stated that psychiatry is a science, and that definition proves it. Please try not to assume what you know about me or anyone else in a forum. You have absolutely no idea what I know. And no, there is no cure for narcissism, even if the narcissist knows they have it. It's a learned behavior, from childhood, being either abused and or neglected, or spoiled by one or both of their parents or caretakers. The anger they get from this type of "parenting" leaves them with no empathy for others, and the only thing they understand is control or abuse.

• Love It 1

4 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

The anger they get from this type of "parenting" leaves them with no empathy for others, and the only thing they understand is control or abuse.

Thank GOD!

From reading your other posts, mostly skimming as you say, I had begun to worry that I might be a narcissist!

But, thankfully, since I feel great empathy for others, including you by the way, and according to your statement, it is impossible that I am a narcissist.

Thank YOU!

5 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Thank GOD!

From reading your other posts, mostly skimming as you say, I had begun to worry that I might be a narcissist!

But, thankfully, since I feel great empathy for others, including you by the way, and according to your statement, it is impossible that I am a narcissist.

Thank YOU!

Thinking you are always right and others wrong, that you are a genius and having to tell others this daily, is also a symptom of narcissism. It's called grandiosity. If you're an empath, others will notice this.

What are the symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder?
  • Grandiose sense of self-importance. ...
  • Frequent fantasies about having or deserving: ...
  • Belief in superiority. ...
  • Need for admiration. ...
  • Entitlement. ...
  • Willingness to exploit others. ...
  • Lack of empathy. ...
  • Frequent envy.
  • Love It 1

54 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Like I said before, try actually reading a book by a psychiatrist or psychologist before just nitpicking excerpts from people who have had problems by taking the wrong medication.

So then, you expect a psychiatrist to write the definitive book critiquing the field of psychiatry? And, you want me to read such a book?

OK.

What about THESE books, written by a psychiatrist....

image.png.6c048f991faca79a05e860f41c958183.png

image.png.a6141697d7cebe5e75bd6602ed8ef249.png

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1049731511419372

image.png.b10127815ab220fe2ecebbdbd4389279.png

Yes.

Shrinks are NUTZO, simply because they know not what they do.

In fact, it would be far better to study the social science, Psychology, which is more of a science than Psychiatry will ever be.

So then, you expect a psychiatrist to write the definitive book critiquing the field of psychiatry? And, you want me to read such a book?

OK.

What about THESE books, written by a psychiatrist....

image.png.6c048f991faca79a05e860f41c958183.png

image.png.a6141697d7cebe5e75bd6602ed8ef249.png

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1049731511419372

image.png.b10127815ab220fe2ecebbdbd4389279.png

Yes.

Shrinks are NUTZO, simply because they know not what they do.

In fact, it would be far better to study the social science, Psychology, which is more of a science than Psychiatry will ever be.

The study of how the brain works, especially in a variety of people, is still far away from being right on. This is why I said a doctor has to evaluate before he recommends a particular treatment. Of course many doctors are quick to prescribe meds without taking everything into consideration and this isn't doing the job intended but looking for a quick answer. This happens again with all types of doctors, who use meds as a band aid without completely evaluating the patient to see what would be the best approach. Some have taken meds and gotten worse, many have gotten better, and some haven't changed, so it shows everyone's response isn't the same, and should be looked at individually and continually evaluated to make sure progress is made.

21 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Thinking you are always right and others wrong, that you are a genius and having to tell others this daily, is also a symptom of narcissism. It's called grandiosity. If you're an empath, others will notice this.

What are the symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder?
  • Grandiose sense of self-importance. ...
  • Frequent fantasies about having or deserving: ...
  • Belief in superiority. ...
  • Need for admiration. ...
  • Entitlement. ...
  • Willingness to exploit others. ...
  • Lack of empathy. ...
  • Frequent envy.

What robot are you using to compile your list of traits of narcissists, presented here?

And, YES, I am NO narcissist, according to this list.

Also, why should I state that I am not a GENIUS, just to please you?

Would this not be dishonest for me to do so?

Still, I must admit, on rare occasions, some of my fantasies border on grandiosity, like the times I dream of saving the world from Psychiatric Quackery....

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Of course many doctors are quick to prescribe meds without taking everything into consideration and this isn't doing the job intended but looking for a quick answer. This happens again with all types of doctors, who use meds as a band aid without completely evaluating the patient to see what would be the best approach. Some have taken meds and gotten worse, many have gotten better, and some haven't changed, so it shows everyone's response isn't the same, and should be looked at individually and continually evaluated to make sure progress is made.

This type of quackery should be met with heavy malpractice suits.

Why...

These psychoactive drugs they use are very powerful, and they easily change normal brain chemistry.

Also, these drugs have been shown to prevent recovery from mental illness.

You say, sometimes patients get better, and sometimes they get worse, and sometimes they remain the same.  And then you still insist that this kind of drug therapy is a good idea.  Your belief sounds like BLIND FAITH to me....obviously....

Edited by GammaGlobulin

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

What robot are you using to compile your list of traits of narcissists, presented here?

And, YES, I am NO narcissist, according to this list.

Also, why should I state that I am not a GENIUS, just to please you?

Would this not be dishonest for me to do so?

Still, I must admit, on rare occasions, some of my fantasies border on grandiosity, like the times I dream of saving the world from Psychiatric Quackery....

Grandiosity is a symptom of a narcissist personality disorder. Telling others you're a genius shows some things. A genius doesn't need to tell others they're a genius. Smart people can tell if another is smart by the way they talk. Bragging about being a genius is a show of a low self esteem, looking for attention. Believe me, NO ONE cares if you're a genius or not. Not one. Telling others you are shows us you're not, because a smart person doesn't need to show off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

This type of quackery should be met with heavy malpractice suits.

Why...

These psychoactive drugs they use are very powerful, and they easily change normal brain chemistry.

Also, these drugs have been shown to prevent recovery from mental illness.

You say, sometimes patients get better, and sometimes they get worse, and sometimes they remain the same.  And then you still insist that this kind of drug therapy is a good idea.  Your belief sounds like BLIND FAITH to me....obviously....

Blind faith is how many doctors work. No one knows what medicine will work unless it's tried. All they have now is these meds to help with symptoms of depression, as nothing else will work with a clinical diagnose besides talk therapy and treating the symptoms, which helps the patient get closer to normal. Right now, there isn't any approach that's working , and of course all meds have side effects, some of which are worse than the original symptoms. People are like guinea pigs but what else can they do?

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Right now, there isn't any approach that's working

Right.

The best that can be done, at the present time, is to provide support during the natural healing process, if it is to occur at all.

Drugs should not be prescribed due to significant and very harmful side effects.

Psychiatrists that continue approaches that do not work are:

a.  Not scientists

b. Quacks

c. Scammers

By the way, the mental health in countries such as SE Asia is far better than in English speaking countries, the countries where this pseudoscientific psychiatric quackery originated.

I have always felt that the population on Taiwan was quite sane compared to English-speaking countries. And, I do not think that it is the English language that is responsible for this problem.

Mental Health in the USA and the UK, according to some, is in dire straits.

Would anyone disagree?

image.thumb.jpeg.08ca1d3d1ca99a38936a9664f785261e.jpeg

Edited by GammaGlobulin

7 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Yes I do.

On TV, I do.

There isn't any reason besides self gratification. No one here thinks you're a genius, because a lot of us do understand a genius does not have to tell anyone. My father had a genius level IQ and my mom was very smart. This doesn't mean I also have one. Close but no cigar and I know my limitations but couldn't care less. Some things I know a lot about and some very little, the same as everyone else that uses their brain by reading daily.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

There isn't any reason besides self gratification.

RIGHT!!!!

But, fortunately, I will not be arrested, and off myself, just due to my self gratification, like the lady in the video I linked, in this OP.

Such a sad case, really.

I feel great EMPATHY for her.

I wonder if she might have been on psychiatric meds, too!

Maybe Hers is just one more case of the many lethal casualties caused by western-style Psychiatric Quackery.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Right.

The best that can be done, at the present time, is to provide support during the natural healing process, if it is to occur at all.

Drugs should not be prescribed due to significant and very harmful side effects.

Psychiatrists that continue approaches that do not work are:

a.  Not scientists

b. Quacks

c. Scammers

By the way, the mental health in countries such as SE Asia is far better than in English speaking countries, the countries where this pseudoscientific psychiatric quackery originated.

I have always felt that the population on Taiwan was quite sane compared to English-speaking countries. And, I do not think that it is the English language that is responsible for this problem.

Mental Health in the USA and the UK, according to some, is in dire straits.

Would anyone disagree?

Actually Thailand has a very high incidence of mental illness, and nowhere near the amount of places you can go for help the US has. There are millions of teenagers suffering from depression here. Doctors here are quick to prescribe Fluoxetine (prozac) although this is only one of the meds available. Depression again cannot be healed naturally. When the brain has a deficiency, you can't put it back with food and exercise. The only thing that can be done, at least for now, is what was mentioned earlier. The huge problem here regarding mental health is thousands of children growing up in a family with no fathers, and sometimes no mothers also, raised by grandmas that haven't the ability or knowledge to do the proper job. Children without stability quickly fall into the drug and alcohol trap, which makes any underlying mental problem much worse.

Just now, GammaGlobulin said:

RIGHT!!!!

But, fortunately, I will not be arrested, and off myself, just due to my self gratification, like the lady in the video I linked, in this OP.

Such a sad case, really.

I feel great EMPATHY for her.

I wonder if she might have been on psychiatric meds, too!

Maybe Hers is just one more case of the many lethal casualties caused by Psychiatric Quackery.

I think you're confusing empathy with sympathy, which aren't the same. Maybe that girl would have benefited from seeing a doctor to see what could have been done to get her mood swings under control, and outrageous behavior.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

When the brain has a deficiency, you can't put it back with food and exercise.

Wow.

You are quoting GARBAGE SCIENCE again.

Show us your EVIDENCE for this chemical imbalance hypothesis of yours.

You cannot.

The evidence does not exist.

This is garbage science.

Drugs are useless.

The brain quickly compensates for many of the psychoactive drugs added by doctors and shrinks.

And this causes lasting harm.

Even more tragically, this can also delay or even prevent recovery.

Welcome to the American Medicine Show!

Edited by GammaGlobulin

15 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I think you're confusing empathy with sympathy

No I am not.

I learned the meanings of both words before I attended elementary school.

I know the meanings of both words in English, Thai, and Chinese.

I think you are confused.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Depression again cannot be healed naturally.

Your statement is TOTALLY untrue.

Everyone knows that depression improves spontaneously without drug intervention.

Also, when we consider anxiety/depression, natural (non--drug-intervention time) healing time is an important consideration.  In other words, just like any physical injury, depression may be thought of as being an "injury" which requires time to heal.

I would suggest that you watch this entire lecture series given by Robert Sapolsky:

I really enjoyed these lectures (most if not all of them).

Sapolsky is an amusing guy...and knows, full well, the meaning of Science....

Edited by GammaGlobulin

On 4/19/2024 at 9:03 AM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

i would agree.....the OP seems to be defending her behavior and normalizing it as it being acceptable behavior in LOS....in a highly conservative culture---outside of the backdoor "illegal " sex trade

The Op is nothing but a grub troll seeking attention.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Wow.

You are quoting GARBAGE SCIENCE again.

Show us your EVIDENCE for this chemical imbalance hypothesis of yours.

You cannot.

The evidence does not exist.

This is garbage science.

Drugs are useless.

The brain quickly compensates for the psychoactive drugs added by doctors and shrinks.

And this causes lasting harm.

And, this can also prevent and delay recovery.

Welcome to the American Medicine Show!

Tell that to the millions that are still here after getting the right prescription. garbage science in your mind? Does this also factor in all the millions who are alive today because of insulin shots and heart medicine? I gave my ex girlfriend St. John's Wort when I saw she had depression. It helped just a little, and when she got on a medicine a doctor she finally saw suggested, she didn't get better but more agitated. The next one helped her tremendously. She had depression most of her adult life, and I saw a psychological she had done when she was a late teenager. It showed suicidal ideations. Her father hung himself from depression, and her mother had it bad.

Our daughter has it and has trouble. There are natural things you can do to help with minor depression, but they don't work much with a clinical diagnosis. This is why a doctor has to try other things to prevent them from getting to a suicidal stage.

My best friend took his own life back in 1987, way before most knew much about how depression could be treated. He would be still here if he had gotten on something to help with his symptoms, of which there were many.

Tell me why you are so vehement on not using medication and say there are other things when you have no proof they work with clinical depression. I'm thinking you are lumping all types of depression together, which many do, not realizing there are various types and some do respond to natural methods of therapy. Some don't, period.

Chemical imbalances surely do cause depression, along with many other things, like environment, a faulty mood regulation in the brain,and genetics, which is a major factor in a person having depression. They all tie together meaning somethings going wrong in the brain.

Many people have tried homeopathy and ended up committing suicide because what they were doing wasn't as strong as the depression they had. Why must you post links to bolster your argument? Don't you see I already know about all of this, studying it for the last 30 plus years? There are many people making opinions on what works, with little results. What we have now is all we have, at least for now, until they can figure out what a person can take without causing more problems than the depression itself. Saving a person is the main thing right now, before they get so low that they think the only way out is out.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

No I am not.

I learned the meanings of both words before I attended elementary school.

I know the meanings of both words in English, Thai, and Chinese.

I think you are confused.

No, I'm the one that actually reads books on the subject, and doesn't go to some videos to try to prove a point. Empathy is you actually feeling what they are feeling, putting yourself in their shoes so to speak.  Feeling bad for someone is sympathy. You can't feel what she is feeling if you aren't suffering from clinical depression, which she obviously was.

• Love It 1

5 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I gave my ex girlfriend St. John's Wort when I saw she had depression. It helped just a little,

Yes.
This is just anecdotal and is not science.

Sorry.

A trial of ONE is meaningless, as you know.

15 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Your statement is TOTALLY untrue.

Everyone knows that depression improves spontaneously without drug intervention.

Also, when we consider anxiety/depression, natural (non--drug-intervention time) healing time is an important consideration.  In other words, just like any physical injury, depression may be thought of as being an "injury" which requires time to heal.

I would suggest that you watch this entire lecture series given by Robert Sapolsky:

I really enjoyed these lectures (most if not all of them).

Sapolsky is an amusing guy...and knows, full well, the meaning of Science....

Where the hell do you get everyone knows about anything? There are millions of people that do not understand about depression. Many of them kill themselves every day. The rest of us, without "proper" studying on the subject, will never understand what they are going through. If everyone knew that depression can be helped without drug intervention, explain to me the millions that are on meds now, and the millions that are still alive due to taking something for the "symptoms", as there is no curer. I will not watch anything you post, as I have read, watched, and listened to far more on the subject than you could ever imagine. Remember, I lived and am living this, with an ex wife, daughter, best friend, cousins, friends and a girlfriend that has depression or died from it. You go by what some person says, and debunk what others, who have written books on the subject say. What makes your person right with their untested theories? If they worked, the whole world would be off medicine, and believe me, you won't find anyone who's more against taking unnecessary medicine than I am.

As for anyone else that's reading his words, please take them with a grain of salt, as clinical depression, at least now, has no cure, and people who have tried natural methods have only succeeded because it was temporary environmental or seasonal depression. It's always best to get a good doctors advice, along with research on the latest methods, before you start your own therapy.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Love It 1

8 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Yes.
This is just anecdotal and is not science.

Sorry.

A trial of ONE is meaningless, as you know.

Like many others who take one sentence out of a paragraph and comment on it, you're leaving out the rest of what I said.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

No, I'm the one that actually reads books on the subject, and doesn't go to some videos to try to prove a point. Empathy is you actually feeling what they are feeling, putting yourself in their shoes so to speak. 

You mean, you don't watch videos concerning empathy?

Or, maybe you might enjoy this one on Empathy and Dogs as a reply to a question from a lay member of the audience after a Sapolsky lecture?

Enjoy!

And, please do not miss this clip, too!

Important Observation:  Robert Sapolsky has a better beard than Freud ever had.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

You mean, you don't watch videos concerning empathy?

Or, maybe you might enjoy this one on Empathy and Dogs as a reply to a question from a lay member of the audience after a Sapolsky lecture?

Enjoy!

And, please do not miss this clip, too!

Important Observation:  Robert Sapolsky has a better beard than Freud ever had.

You would be very surprised if you knew just how much I have read on this subject. Daily, for over 30 years adds up to a lot of reading, listening and watching, from every author you could imagine. The fact based ones who actually are doing experiments, the scientists you would call them, the ones who listen to such scientists and write books, the psychologists and psychiatrists that evaluated millions of clients, and also the ones who make personal opinions because they watched a friend die using meds, or they tried one and it didn't work out, so they are against all meds., or they are Satan worshipers who want all people confused.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

You would be very surprised if you knew just how much I have read on this subject. Daily, for over 30 years adds up to a lot of reading, listening and watching, from every author you could imagine. The fact based ones who actually are doing experiments, the scientists you would call them, the ones who listen to such scientists and write books, the psychologists and psychiatrists that evaluated millions of clients, and also the ones who make personal opinions because they watched a friend die using meds, or they tried one and it didn't work out, so they are against all meds., or they are Satan worshipers who want all people confused.

I have always been convinced that depression is a disease that is worse than cancer. With cancer, one can still feel hope, and one can enjoy life. But with severe depression, the mind completely rules the body, and hope is lost due to a warped perception of reality, caused by depression.

I also believe that the drugs that medicine has to offer, to date, have not proven to be effective and safe.

Further, I believe that, in some cases, these drugs have led to further deterioration of mental health, such as in the exacerbations of complications from depression.

Watching the video linked in the original topic, we see a woman who is intelligent and well-spoken, even if her beach behavior might seem aberrant to some.

Then, fast-forward a few months, and she dies by her own hand, in such a horrific way.

What went wrong?

Depression?

Was it the public shaming that played a part?

Certainly, she needed help and supportive care, and also caring from her community.

But, did she get what she needed?

Somehow, I doubt it.

Was she of such little value that her plight should have been ignored by neighbors and family?

I would have liked to know the entire story.

But, hers is just another example of a mental health issue, and maybe alienation from her community, that led to a very tragic outcome.

I do feel for her, of course.

Who would not?

Edited by GammaGlobulin