Single Farang has sex in sea: Onlookers see, resulting in death of Farang.

31 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Yes.

Do the Hemingway if you want to play it safe.

(Still, poor girl!  She met a very tragic and tortuous end, at her own hand.  Such irony!)

Vasquez and Gorman were out of ammo and about to be captured by a xenomorph. Took it out and avoided capture with a thermal detonator 

IMG_4004.jpeg

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Are you talking about America?

Maybe, Central America.

The Mexican culture is very big on Angels.

Remember that great film, Under the Volcano.

Plenty of souls walking around on the Day Of The Dead.

And, remember what once was a great city:  The Once Great City of....  Los Angeles

Edited by GammaGlobulin

On 4/20/2024 at 7:34 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

a. No matter what her family might say, the Medical Examiner, Joni Skipper, rules the manner of death: Suicide

b. In addition, as many have commented elsewhere, her family members were not supportive of this poor woman.  With a family like hers, in fact, then who needs enemies?

image.png.8d4380cabb0d7f306ce89f9f348fdf55.png

I think it is time for us to have more sympathy, and feel more empathy, for women like this who are so very obviously VICTIMS of their environments, beginning at such an early age.

We just gotta keep in mind that:

Human behavior is shaped by and is a result of ....

a. Environment

b. Genes  (both the genetic inheritance, as well as the expression of these genes due to environmental factors)

c. The very concept of some sort of "Free Will" is entirely bogus.

In fact, our bodies are just tubes within tubes.

And, our tubes are guided by an electro-chemical machine which is not affected by any nonexistent "soul" or "spirit".

Whatever we might think we "know", our own consciousness is a result of electro-chemical processes which are not controlled by "Us" or "God".

Perhaps if we all could better understand behavioral causes, ie that we do not have "free will" to decide our action, EVER, then we might be able to feel less critical of the behavior of others.

Of course, even this understanding is a product of electro-chemical processes beyond our control.  Therefore, asking anyone to understand these simple truths is a fool's errand.  Either we understand or we do not.  And this understanding is beyond our control, obviously.

Human behavior is shaped mainly by what we encounter in our first five years of life. If our parents are abusive or we are neglected or spoiled, we grow up to have narcissist traits, just like they did. After those first five years, when we basically learn the most important things about life, we enforce those encounters unless we are taken out of that kind of environment and actually loved and cared for. Then it can be turned around with a lot of that love, which is all about trust.

Genetics are involved in many behaviors, but that first environment is the most important part. Some, very rarely, are born with sociopathic tendencies. Our soul is what's left after the body dies, and that's something some don't believe, but that's okay, it's their deal.  God doesn't control s which is why we indeed have free will, to choose our actions. If we can't exercise our free will, it's because we are being controlled by other humans, which does happen in this day of more slavery than any other time. Saying we don't have free will is ludicrous. Does anyone else tell you what you can do every day?

As far as the farang thing, this is mainly Thais that are calling us this, many times to our faces, which is the epitome of rude behavior. The kids learn it from their ignorant parents, and it goes down the generations. If a Thai is living in the US, we don't point at them and say "Thai"!. Everyone in America has relatives from other countries, which is why only the ignorant prejudiced morons exercise such behavior. The term farang indeed means white person, but it's not an excuse to call us that here nor anywhere else. It's just ignorance, as is the newer term, "prang".

23 hours ago, Jack Batty said:

So glad to have retired from this crap after 23 years. Stupid laws and dealing with stupid people. Love the pension though!!!

Do you have any good "on the job" sea stories of circumstances similar to the account of this sad woman's tragedy and demise?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Sorry, but I can no longer agree with you concerning this hypothesis that environment is the overriding force determining behavior in humans throughout our lives, and that it is environment and experience during the first 5 or 7 years of life that is predominant in shaping behavior.

I once was, many years ago, a Behaviorist, but I no longer agree with the garbage science of Social Scientists.

Environment plays a role, certainly, but mostly through regulating gene expression, and through diet and disease, as well as, as you say, our experiences with others.

It is important to continue to focus on Twin Studies, of course.

Also, we can expect to have new research tools in the near future which may be useful in better analyzing human behavior, "deviant" human behavior, and especially Learning, which is a field that may yield important potential benefits (social and individual benefits).

image.png.47fafda7aaeb59f6a4d761514555435d.png

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41562-023-01609-6

So, keep your eyes on the balls of Twin Studies which are still important for behavioral research today, and interesting, too.

Nature is one of those Science Rags that we don't like, sometimes, due to its frequent publishing of inconvenient truths....

Edited by GammaGlobulin

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Sorry, but I can no longer agree with you concerning this hypothesis that environment is the overriding force determining behavior in humans throughout our lives, and that it is environment and experience during the first 5 or 7 years of life that is predominant in shaping behavior.

I once was, many years ago, a Behaviorist, but I no longer agree with the garbage science of Social Scientists.

Environment plays a role, certainly, but mostly through regulating gene expression, and through diet and disease, as well as, as you say, our experiences with others.

It is important to continue to focus on Twin Studies, of course.

Also, we can expect to have new research tools in the near future which may be useful in better analyzing human behavior, "deviant" human behavior, and especially Learning, which is a field that may yield important potential benefits (social and individual benefits).

image.png.47fafda7aaeb59f6a4d761514555435d.png

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41562-023-01609-6

So, keep your eyes on the balls of Twin Studies which are still important for behavioral research today, and interesting, too.

Nature is one of those Science Rags that we don't like, sometimes, due to its frequent publishing of inconvenient truths....

It doesn't matter if you agree with me or not. I'm not making an hypothesis about this but going by what's been written and what I have personally seen, which is the same. I happen to be right on regarding what I said about the ages 0-5 being the most important in a child's life. This is when they learn most everything about life, regarding trust, care, love, kindness, responsibility, sharing, or the lack of those in an abusive or neglective environment.

The breakdown of the family is the reason for all of the world's problems, as it all starts at home. Either you're brought up respecting life, or shown abusing it. Much of this also comes from pet ownership. People who are taught that it's okay to abuse animals will see humans are targets also.

I have studied human psychology for the last 30 plus years, reading many books and thousands of articles on narcissism, depression, marriage, children, relationships and how men and women relate. In my life, through my own bad choices in a few mates, I have seen this firsthand how a woman ends up in her relationships after being abused and or neglected as a child, and I have seen where it came from in many instances, meaning her parents behavior still. It has been proven time and again through many writers , who have interviewed millions of people and couples, where they learned their behaviors.

People learn about the world through their parents, by watching them. Of course two children can come from a very loving home and one can go astray while the other succeeds. This doesn't mean that child is bad. It can be from getting involved with bad peers. It can be because one parent, or both, favored one child over the other. It's hard to treat each child as anything besides individuals, and sometimes you favor one you can relate to better. This doesn't mean neglect the other but making a conscience effort to keep things as equal as possible, so they both know love. Kids understand who loves them more, but if they're still loved, they get past little things. Sibling rivalry is part from how a parent shows love to each. Jealousy happens, so it's best to treat each one as equally as possible.

Twins are a little different, as each works off the other, and they share a lot of traits, but the learning process from 0-5 is still the same regarding how they go into the world.

Again, a child can be treated with much love and care, and still go into the world and make huge mistakes, and who they regard as their peers is responsible for much of this. The child knows what they should or shouldn't do, as the parents taught them, but rebelliousness, as all children must do, sometimes comes with severe consequences. If your friends are into drugs and these are friends you like and respect, you're immature brain sometimes makes bad decisions, and you go along with those friends because you want to fit in.

If you are abused as a child, and or neglected, you go into the world hating or not trusting everyone, using them to get what you have missed, because no one ever taught you otherwise. This is how a narcissist is created, and the reason most relationships fail, the reason many get a power trip and think they have to control others, and the reason most go into politics. This is the alpha males some look at as a good thing, when they are the real reason things go wrong here. The betas raise the children, treat their women right, and work for the family's best interests. The alphas become the players, who look at women as objects to use, and other people to take from. World out of balance, and again, it all starts at home.

4 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Twins are a little different, as each works off the other, and they share a lot of traits, but the learning process from 0-5 is still the same regarding how they go into the world.

Sure, and I fully understand what you are claiming.

However, when we talk about Twin Studies:

We usually are referring to studies in which genetic twins, ie identical or monozygotic twins, are physically separated soon after birth, and are reared in different environments, sometimes even in different countries and cultures.

Using Twin Studies of this type often allows us to separate influences due to nurture vs nature when researching human behavior.

4 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Sure, and I fully understand what you are claiming.

However, when we talk about Twin Studies:

We usually are referring to studies in which genetic twins, ie identical or monozygotic twins, are physically separated soon after birth, and are reared in different environments, sometimes even in different countries and cultures.

Using Twin Studies of this type often allows us to separate influences due to nurture vs nature when researching human behavior.

I'm doubtful twins are separated much, but if they are, how would these studies come into play? You would think if they knew that these twins were supposed to be together, someone would make that happen, instead of going through with an experiment to see how they end up from being raised in two different environments. I did see the Jean Claude Van Damme movie, where he was a set of twins ending up quite different, but that's a movie.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I'm doubtful twins are separated much, but if they are, how would these studies come into play? You would think if they knew that these twins were supposed to be together, someone would make that happen, instead of going through with an experiment to see how they end up from being raised in two different environments. I did see the Jean Claude Van Damme movie, where he was a set of twins ending up quite different, but that's a movie.

Twin studies have always been an important part of Behavioral and Cognitive Science, and medical science, and other science, for many decades, eons almost.

You can read the Nature article that I linked above to find out more.

Or, for a simplification, then you can just read this Wikipedia article:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_study

image.png.956cc8a6597518cad935fbb7f8c54c4a.png

image.png.fe8d2cf5c0b15b3c7c7af5cdc857797e.png

image.png.d01360a0206c5534f9f57ac649db40b7.png

These days, due to WISHFUL THINKING and PC and CONFIRMATION BIAS, and other bias....

Many people in this modern day UNDERESTIMATE the very significant genetical component of behavior.

We like to think we are good because it is our intention to be good, and that we work hard at being good.

And, we like to think that criminals imprisoned in our SUPERMAXes are bad because they are lazy and have made the choice to be bad.

Born Again Christians just HATE the idea that their genes are responsible for their being CRHISTIANS, and that it was not Jesus who saved them, but their unique set of inherited genes.

Same goes for the genetic component of being Republican vs Democrat, or Liberal vs Conservative, or Risk Takers vs Risk Avoiders....and...

The list goes on.....

Edited by GammaGlobulin

23 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Twin studies have always been an important part of Behavioral and Cognitive Science, and medical science, and other science, for many decades, eons almost.

You can read the Nature article that I linked above to find out more.

Or, for a simplification, then you can just read this Wikipedia article:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_study

image.png.956cc8a6597518cad935fbb7f8c54c4a.png

image.png.fe8d2cf5c0b15b3c7c7af5cdc857797e.png

image.png.d01360a0206c5534f9f57ac649db40b7.png

These days, due to WISHFUL THINKING and PC and CONFIRMATION BIAS, and other bias....

Many people in this modern day UNDERESTIMATE the very significant genetical component of behavior.

We like to think we are good because it is our intention to be good, and that we work hard at being good.

And, we like to think that criminals imprisoned in our SUPERMAXes are bad because they are lazy and have made the choice to be bad.

Born Again Christians just HATE the idea that their genes are responsible for their being CRHISTIANS, and that it was not Jesus who saved them, but their unique set of inherited genes.

Same goes for the genetic component of being Republican vs Democrat, or Liberal vs Conservative, or Risk Takers vs Risk Avoiders....and...

The list goes on.....

We become what we are because our parents taught us to be that way, or we inherited it from our family. It's still our choices, as you can see how kids in the same family end up differently. There are a lot of things that go into what we become as adults, but our trust in our parents decides most of it, whatever way they raised us.

If a child was raised on an island with no peers, they would act like their parents do in many ways, because children copy behaviors they see, especially at that 0-5 age. If their parents beat on their pets, the child would think it's normal behavior, unless they were taught otherwise by someone they trusted, that showed them their parents were wrong. I see this daily here, as well as all my life growing up. I see my ex, and her mother, mistreat animals, although they like them around.

I taught my daughter to care for animals, but I've seen her hit at them and toss them down because she has seen my girlfriends nephew do the same, along with her grandma., my ex's mother. When a child sees two parents act differently, they are confused, until you show them respect for life. If that child sees both her parents mistreating animals, and people, because they go together, they will again think it's normal until they are taught otherwise.

My parents raised me to be a Catholic, and I got away from Catholic thinking because they put too much emphasis on praying to people, saints, and only Jesus and God is worthy, plus the money thing, so I became born again because I had a girlfriend that was very into it, and I loved her so I followed suit easily, because of my background as a Catholic. It wasn't my genes. It was my parents bringing me to church, and enrolling me into a Catholic school for 1-8 grades. I was saved because I chose to be, because we all will meet Jesus, and God, and I want to be ready.

As far as people turning to crime, it again starts at home, where parents are supposed to teach respect for life and property. If they aren't, or are absent, no one's there besides their peers, who might also have the same background, and they do what their friends do, which sometimes is hitting people with sticks, robbing them, stealing their Jackfruit, poisoning animals or raping the girl around the block. We are all good and bad as humans. What we do is our choice.

As one child can become a policeman and they're brother a drug dealer, it was who they hung out with after their parents taught them right from wrong that led them astray, unless again one of their parents was a narcissist, and chose a golden child that couldn't do wrong, and that child grew up thinking the world owed them, while the other child might have been disciplined by the other parent and loved right, and knew what bad choices brought. There are many factors that make a grown adult act a certain way, but most are from age 0-5 and how they were raised. Like I mentioned, some are born to be a sociopath, but it's rare.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

We become what we are because our parents taught us to be that way, or we inherited it from our family. It's still our choices, as you can see how kids in the same family end up differently. There are a lot of things that go into what we become as adults, but our trust in our parents decides most of it, whatever way they raised us.

Yes.

You have already stated your claims, twice.

I would say that yours is a very antiquated view, in light of recent research during the past 60 years.

When was the last time you enrolled in university courses covering human behavior, Cognitive Sciences, Behavioral Genetics, etc?

The reason I ask is because much has changed since those dark ages when you went to school. Why dark ages? Because, we did not know much way back then.

As I mentioned, I have needed to revise my Behaviorally-based thinking, and acknowledge that BF Skinner no longer reigns supreme.

As we age, we become much more rigid and less receptive to new ideas which are based on Science.

Let's not be one of these ossified individuals....OK?

Why don't you just post some EVIDENCE with the LINKS to the research that you agree with, and then we can see why you hold the claims that you do.

Meanwhile, I believe that the time is now for much more work on Human Behavior Genetics.

This field has been understudied due to fear of the unknown and fear of being called racist, etc.

Anyway, here is something you might find interesting, concerning TWIN STUDIES and Human Behavior Genetics:

image.png.b7983a7f3757c48655e817eb1e48c421.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_behaviour_genetics

Of course, in the past decades, we really did not have the necessary tools to research Human Behavior Genetics in a detailed way, using a biological approach.

Increasingly, we are being given the required tools to learn a lot more.

You might even learn something about DEMENTIA, and new cures for dementia, through further research using Twin Studies and biological approaches to behavior genetics and the human brain, and environmental factors that impact the human brain and human behavior.

Never fear....because....

Science is Here!

14 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Yes.

You have already stated your claims, twice.

I would say that yours is a very antiquated view, in light of recent research during the past 60 years.

When was the last time you enrolled in university courses covering human behavior, Cognitive Sciences, Behavioral Genetics, etc?

The reason I ask is because much has changed since those dark ages when you went to school. Why dark ages? Because, we did not know much way back then.

As I mentioned, I have needed to revise my Behaviorally-based thinking, and acknowledge that BF Skinner no longer reigns supreme.

As we age, we become much more rigid and less receptive to new ideas which are based on Science.

Let's not be one of these ossified individuals....OK?

Why don't you just post some EVIDENCE with the LINKS to the research that you agree with, and then we can see why you hold the claims that you do.

Meanwhile, I believe that the time is now for much more work on Human Behavior Genetics.

This field has been understudied due to fear of the unknown and fear of being called racist, etc.

Anyway, here is something you might find interesting, concerning TWIN STUDIES and Human Behavior Genetics:

image.png.b7983a7f3757c48655e817eb1e48c421.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_behaviour_genetics

Of course, in the past decades, we really did not have the necessary tools to research Human Behavior Genetics in a detailed way, using a biological approach.

Increasingly, we are being given the required tools to learn a lot more.

You might even learn something about DEMENTIA, and new cures for dementia, through further research using Twin Studies and biological approaches to behavior genetics and the human brain, and environmental factors that impact the human brain and human behavior.

Never fear....because....

Science is Here!

Antiquated? Didn't I mention I've been reading all of this material in the last 30 years? This means up until this time period. What is taught in universities is the same material I've been reading. Human behavior is the same as it's been since time began. The only thing that has changed is the media coverage of what happens. People are the same everywhere, as there are a certain few types of personalities. What you are reading is other's opinions of what is going on. The same as what I'm reading. Try Aaron Beck's book about cognitive therapy. Explains all about how humans act and relate. What I've read all of these years is still what works today. I read all the time, meaning the same kinds of material you are, and it's from this year and the dark ages. One person's study about one particular set of ideas isn't used in every situation. This is psychology we're talking about, and it has many factors. Remember not all what you read is set in stone. That's why I've read so many books and articles. To see if they all are saying the same kinds of things. You're talking about twins and the research about them. I'm talking about the majority of households and what happens to children in them, and it all relates to how they were raised, with some rare cases of some  born sociopathic. And there is no cure for dementia yet.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Aaron Beck's book about cognitive therapy

Oh PLEASE...

This guy died in 2021 AGE 100!

Also, he is a NITWIT psychiatrist.

Psychiatry is NOT Science!

Furthermore, although this guy Beck taught at the University of Pennsylvania, he also graduated from Brown!

We all know about the WIFTY thinking at Brown University.  Those guys are TRULY Off the Wall!

I will say, one more time:  Psychiatry is NOT Science.  If you want to read POP PSY BOOKS, then go ahead.

I would NEVER trust any PENN Psychiatrist, for anything, farther than I could throw him.

And, I suggest that you follow my lead.

image.png.c8e011cd452774e6c97dc749d693b0aa.png

What are headshrinkers good for?

Nothing.

7 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Oh PLEASE...

This guy died in 2021 AGE 100!

Also, he is a NITWIT psychiatrist.

Psychiatry is NOT Science!

Furthermore, although this guy Beck taught at the University of Pennsylvania, he also graduated from Brown!

We all know about the WIFTY thinking at Brown University.  Those guys are TRULY Off the Wall!

I will say, one more time:  Psychiatry is NOT Science.  If you want to read POP PSY BOOKS, then go ahead.

I would NEVER trust any PENN Psychiatrist, for anything, farther than I could throw him.

And, I suggest that you follow my lead.

image.png.c8e011cd452774e6c97dc749d693b0aa.png

What are headshrinkers good for?

Nothing.

You have your opinions and they are valid but again, you're wrong. You never read his book, and I'm thinking you found one topic and decided it encompasses everything about what makes a child do what they do later in life. I've read over 65 books on various areas of psychology, and thousands, yes, I did say thousands, of articles on the same subject. I started back 30 years ago and haven't stopped. You believe in one person's opinion and disregard others, who have published many books. I would bet big money you have not read near what I have in just one area, be it depression, narcissism or interpersonal relationships. In fact, I'm thinking because you keep disregarding what I'm telling you, and this from proven methods since I was born, you , being a "genius", in your own words, are a perfect example of a malignant narcissist, because you do it blatantly, unlike my ex, who is a covert narcissist, if you understand what that means. And by the way , psychiatry is a science. Saying it isn't also shows your lack of knowledge on the subject, and seeing you believe one person's theories and not others who are proven, shows you are gullible. Boy, when you go off on a tangent, nothing gets through. Read more, post less, learn more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

No it isn't.

Yes it is. Please refrain from commenting on a subject you know little about. Better yet, read Aaron beck's book, and come back in a couple of months when you're done and you'll understand what he has written. Or maybe you won't. You claim to be a genius but the way you talk, are very far from it.  You comment and disregard things you know nothing about, and harp on one person's article on how twins are when they're separated. I mentioned this before. Anyone who separates children at birth, especially twins, isn't normal and if they conduct an experiment on this, instead of putting those children back together, they should be jailed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Anyone who separates children at birth, especially twins, isn't normal and if they conduct an experiment on this, instead of putting those children back together, they should be jailed.

Wow.

Where are the men in the white coats when we really need them?????

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Yes it is. Please refrain from commenting on a subject you know little about. Better yet, read Aaron beck's book, and come back in a couple of months when you're done and you'll understand what he has written. Or maybe you won't. You claim to be a genius but the way you talk, are very far from it.  You comment and disregard things you know nothing about, and harp on one person's article on how twins are when they're separated. I mentioned this before. Anyone who separates children at birth, especially twins, isn't normal and if they conduct an experiment on this, instead of putting those children back together, they should be jailed.

You know what, Sir?

I think this is a rather important Topic we have hit upon.

Of course, psychiatry is NOT a science.

But, the important question is:

Why do some misinformed people believe it to be a science?

That is the question!

Anyway, you might find this argument interesting, concerning whether or not psychiatry is a science:

image.png.b9f3c1136548af053dbc1d746b67d805.png

I do not agree that psychiatry should be banned.

Psychiatry is a religion, and entirely faith-based, and does not rely on science.

It is also one of those Mumbo-Jumbo Black Arts, and the practice of psychiatry IS an art, not a science.

These so-called doctors continue to do a great deal of harm, especially when they begin proscribing psychoactive drugs about which they know extremely little.  They do not know how these drugs work. And, they have extremely little insight about the short-term and long-term side effects of psychoactive drugs.

Psychiatrists probably should be banned from prescribing psychoactive drugs without first putting many more safeguards in place.

Fortunately, being the genius that I am, I would never take psychoactive drugs, for ANY reason.

When we being to almost randomly fool with the complex chemical processes in the human brain, we are asking for trouble, BIG TIME.

One other important problem with psychoactive drugs is habituation, which ALWAYS occurs.

Many psychiatrists downplay habituation.

Why?

The answer is simple:  Those Quacks are NOT Scientists.  

In Addition:  Most/All psychiatrists are unable to live up to the oath of ethics.... Do No Harm

Nobody likes scammers.

Someday, these priests of the medical fringe will be defrocked!

Edited by GammaGlobulin

8 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

You know what, Sir?

I think this is a rather important Topic we have hit upon.

Of course, psychiatry is NOT a science.

But, the important question is:

Why do some misinformed people believe it to be a science?

That is the question!

Anyway, you might find this argument interesting, concerning whether or not psychiatry is a science:

image.png.b9f3c1136548af053dbc1d746b67d805.png

I do not agree that psychiatry should be banned.

Psychiatry is a religion, and entirely faith-based, and does not rely on science.

It is also one of those Mumbo-Jumbo Black Arts, and the practice of psychiatry IS an art, not a science.

These so-called doctors continue to do a great deal of harm, especially when they begin proscribing psychoactive drugs about which they know extremely little.  They do not know how these drugs work. And, they have extremely little insight about the short-term and long-term side effects of psychoactive drugs.

Psychiatrists probably should be banned from prescribing psychoactive drugs without first putting many more safeguards in place.

Fortunately, being the genius that I am, I would never take psychoactive drugs, for ANY reason.

When we being to almost randomly fool with the complex chemical processes in the human brain, we are asking for trouble, BIG TIME.

One other important problem with psychoactive drugs is habituation, which ALWAYS occurs.

Many psychiatrists downplay habituation.

Why?

The answer is simple:  Those Quacks are NOT Scientists.  

In Addition:  Most/All psychiatrists are unable to live up to the oath of ethics.... Do No Harm

Nobody likes scammers.

Someday, these priests of the medical fringe will be defrocked!

You debunk what's a fact and try and find a link just to prove your point, albeit wrong. You're taking the opinion of an anonymous poster instead of the written words of people who have written many books on the subject. This shows your propensity for being very gullible and one who doesn't believe in factual evidence but has to argue the point to boost his low self esteem on a forum where most people don't give a damn anyway, or they haven\t any knowledge on the subject, much like yourself.

Continually trying to convince others that you're some kind of genius is very sad, as it shows you are jealous of those with more intelligence than yourself. It doesn't matter how smart a person is anyway, unless they're contributing to society, just as Aaron Beck has done. He's written over 60 books to help others. How many books have you written? Who are people more likely to believe? Someone with a PHD in psychiatry or one with a PHD in bulls*it?

Many psychiatrists have saved many lives prescribing drugs for those suffering with depression. Many times it takes a little experimentation with these drugs because not everyone is the same how they react to certain medicines, and the first one prescribed sometimes doesn't always work, nor does the next one and you need to evaluate the patient until the right one is found to help with their symptoms. Have you saved any lives? Your theories are wrong, and it makes you look more foolish in every reply, so it might be best to move to japan and find that perfect highly intelligent woman to take care of you, and while you're there, find a good shrink, because you definitely need something. This from Britannica, so you understand a tad better..............https://www.britannica.com/science/psychiatry

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Many psychiatrists have saved many lives prescribing drugs for those suffering with depression.

Wrong.

Psychiatrists have prescribed, and do routinely prescribe, psychoactive drugs with VERY LITTLE understanding about efficacy and side-effects, and it's always hit or miss, AND these drugs do GREAT HARM.  AND, these drugs often seem to make patients WORSE, and not better.

Also, psychiatry, during recent decades, has shifted from the cognitive therapy approach to the drug management of mental illness.

Psychiatry, these days, is DANGEROUS for your health, and, this time, I am being deadly serious.

YES, it is true that I am a genius if one of the qualifications for being a genius is the ability to avoid ingesting harmful substances prescribed by a psychiatrist (QUACK-QUACK!, QUACK-QUACK!).

Watch this Video by Robert Whitaker, a presentation to the Council for Evidence-based Psychiatry, if you can understand it given your obvious bias against evidence-based science.

Concerning the use of drugs such as Xanax and benzos in general:

Here is the BEST example of what can happen when taking Benzos.

Benzos should never be taken regularly, and these drugs are so powerful because they change brain chemistry.

Drugs will NEVER work, simply because the brain, by its very nature, rebounds and adapts and habituates and COMPENSATES.

If you want to end up like this, then just take benzos....

I do not take these drugs, being a genius.

But, some geniuses, such as Peterson, no matter how smart they pretend to be, are still ignorant, as even Jordon admits of himself, about the harm that benzos can do.  How can one have studied the brain and not know this?????  Incredible!  But, most humans, seem to be born dumb, and stay that way.

So, watch Jordan on Benzos....or after being on Benzos.  It's not a pretty sight!

Or, after Jordan returned after treatment for the effects of Benzos in Russia.

The drugs routinely used by psychiatrists are dangerous.

These Quacks actually are aware of the danger, yet, probably due to cognitive dissonance and other defense mechanisms, they continue to do harm, and to rake in big bucks from their patients (victims).

How does Cognitive Dissonance play such a large role in the harm being done by those practicing psychiatry, and especially those using this pharmacological approach to treatment of mental illness?

Simple:

Some young student decides to pursue the study of psychiatry.

Said student spend many year and much money to get a degree.

Student spend even more years in residency, and getting shrunk himself by other shrinks.

After all this......

After all THIS....

It would be almost impossible to quit the field and to stop the practice of psychiatry.

The only alternative for the student is to reduce anxiety through maintaining the belief that psychiatry is the most effective means of treating mental illness, and that the use of psychotropic drugs is warranted, and that the risk is not severe.

Of course, its all Hog Wash.

Either the shrink knows what he is doing, or he does not.

But the result is the same.

Patients are being harmed by a PSEUDOSCIENCE (PROTOSCIENCE, such as alchemy, for example).

I have never suffered from clinical depression.

Therefore, I cannot fully empathize with psychiatric patients who reach out and clutch at straws to rid themselves of the pain of depression and mental illness.

Furthermore, how can we expect the general public and lay audience to question the all-powerful medical profession, including the High Priests of the Psychiatric Profession?

Since the 1980s, Cognitive Therapy has been on the decline. The average clinical visit to see a shrink, these days, has been reduced to 15 minutes. The Quacks have opted to medicate.  Medicating patients is far more cost-effective, and far less time consuming.

Only guys like Woody Allen can afford to be properly shrunk in our Brave New World.

Here is a book you might enjoy.....

image.png.c117a1e26a2476505d5e2ab8e8a5b2fa.png

Jordon Peterson:

What a NITWIT...

Peterson was brought low, brought down, by the very psychoactive drugs that he prescribed!!!!!

Peterson.....

HOIST WITH HIS OWN PETARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, with psychoactive drugs, it appears that what is good for the geese (his patients), is not so good for the gander (Jordon).

This could not have happened to a better man.

image.png.63b4e4d0548aaea938a4dd6dd7dcc6af.png

Edited by GammaGlobulin

49 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Wrong.

Psychiatrists have prescribed, and do routinely prescribe, psychoactive drugs with VERY LITTLE understanding about efficacy and side-effects, and it's always hit or miss, AND these drugs do GREAT HARM.  AND, these drugs often seem to make patients WORSE, and not better.

Also, psychiatry, during recent decades, has shifted from the cognitive therapy approach to the drug management of mental illness.

Psychiatry, these days, is DANGEROUS for your health, and, this time, I am being deadly serious.

YES, it is true that I am a genius if one of the qualifications for being a genius is the ability to avoid ingesting harmful substances prescribed by a psychiatrist (QUACK-QUACK!, QUACK-QUACK!).

Watch this Video by Robert Whitaker, a presentation to the Council for Evidence-based Psychiatry, if you can understand it given your obvious bias against evidence-based science.

Concerning the use of drugs such as Xanax and benzos in general:

Here is the BEST example of what can happen when taking Benzos.

Benzos should never be taken regularly, and these drugs are so powerful because they change brain chemistry.

Drugs will NEVER work, simply because the brain, by its very nature, rebounds and adapts and habituates and COMPENSATES.

If you want to end up like this, then just take benzos....

I do not take these drugs, being a genius.

But, some geniuses, such as Peterson, no matter how smart they pretend to be, are still ignorant, as even Jordon admits of himself, about the harm that benzos can do.  How can one have studied the brain and not know this?????  Incredible!  But, most humans, seem to be born dumb, and stay that way.

So, watch Jordan on Benzos....or after being on Benzos.  It's not a pretty sight!

Or, after Jordan returned after treatment for the effects of Benzos in Russia.

The drugs routinely used by psychiatrists are dangerous.

These Quacks actually are aware of the danger, yet, probably due to cognitive dissonance and other defense mechanisms, they continue to do harm, and to rake in big bucks from their patients (victims).

How does Cognitive Dissonance play such a large role in the harm being done by those practicing psychiatry, and especially those using this pharmacological approach to treatment of mental illness?

Simple:

Some young student decides to pursue the study of psychiatry.

Said student spend many year and much money to get a degree.

Student spend even more years in residency, and getting shrunk himself by other shrinks.

After all this......

After all THIS....

It would be almost impossible to quit the field and to stop the practice of psychiatry.

The only alternative for the student is to reduce anxiety through maintaining the belief that psychiatry is the most effective means of treating mental illness, and that the use of psychotropic drugs is warranted, and that the risk is not severe.

Of course, its all Hog Wash.

Either the shrink knows what he is doing, or he does not.

But the result is the same.

Patients are being harmed by a PSEUDOSCIENCE (PROTOSCIENCE, such as alchemy, for example).

I have never suffered from clinical depression.

Therefore, I cannot fully empathize with psychiatric patients who reach out and clutch at straws to rid themselves of the pain of depression and mental illness.

Furthermore, how can we expect the general public and lay audience to question the all-powerful medical profession, including the High Priests of the Psychiatric Profession?

Since the 1980s, Cognitive Therapy has been on the decline. The average clinical visit to see a shrink, these days, has been reduced to 15 minutes. The Quacks have opted to medicate.  Medicating patients is far more cost-effective, and far less time consuming.

Only guys like Woody Allen can afford to be properly shrunk in our Brave New World.

Here is a book you might enjoy.....

image.png.c117a1e26a2476505d5e2ab8e8a5b2fa.png

Jordon Peterson:

What a NITWIT...

Peterson was brought low, brought down, by the very psychoactive drugs that he prescribed!!!!!

Peterson.....

HOIST WITH HIS OWN PETARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, with psychoactive drugs, it appears that what is good for the geese (his patients), is not so good for the gander (Jordon).

This could not have happened to a better man.

image.png.63b4e4d0548aaea938a4dd6dd7dcc6af.png

You can keep posting nonsense all day, and it won't get you anywhere because, again, you're wrong. Drugs that treat symptoms of depression have saved many lives. Yes, like any drug given, some aren't right for a particular patient, so that's why a person with depression needs to be evaluated to see how the medicine is, or isn't working. Depression has no cure. if you think it does, you're as blind as anyone who thinks they're a genius can be. Brains work on chemicals,

Six Important Brain Chemicals
  • Serotonin. ...
  • Dopamine. ...
  • Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) ...
  • Acetylcholine. ...
  • Glutamate. ...
  • Norepinephrine.  People who have a shortage of some of these experience depression symptoms, and some of these are debilitating, and can lead to suicidal ideations. You can find links where people have had bad results using a certain medicine, and this happens with all medicines, for heart problems, kidney, diabetes, prostate and many others. Without medicines, people will die, period.
  •  
  • Some, because of their lifestyle, have hurt their bodies with abuse for many years, and for them, diet and exercise won't help alone, because they are so far into the ailment they need quicker results or they might die. I have been working out and eating right all of my life, and I still have joint pain and a couple of other things from aging, which most everyone gets.
  •  
  • I rarely take medicine unless the pain gets to be too much, which doesn't happen much. Some people are predisposed to certain ailments, like diabetes, and for them medicine is a life saver.
  •  
  • My son has diabetes at 34, and he's lean, eats well, and has worked out for years. It runs in our family. He needs his insulin or he will have real problems, as millions do. the same goes for the brain. You can't talk yourself or another out of depression. Talk therapy helps, especially if it's environmental, temporary depression, but some need medicine, and seeing the millions saved from taking it proof enough. The only truth in what you posted is that some psychiatrists might not be doing their jobs, and rely totally on medicine to treat a patient. Some don't bother to follow up with their patients and are lazy. This is true of many doctors, as those that over prescribe kill thousands of people a year.
  •  
  • Your words, "Drugs will NEVER work, simply because the brain, by its very nature, rebounds and adapts and habituates and COMPENSATES." People can help themselves if they are depressed, as everyone gets it at times. People who have clinical depression cannot, again, talk themselves out of it, nor does the brain adapt and overcome the depression. It only gets worse, until they are in such a place where even normal daily activity is impossible. For these people, seeing a "quack" is necessary. You can call them names, but they have a job to do, and they are needed by many, as mental illnesses are rampant in society, and are a big problem in today's world, where important decisions are made daily by those who are ill.
  •  
  • And you can keep looking up individual circumstances where some people were hurt by taking a drug prescribed by a psychiatrist that was possibly not doing his job properly. What you post means nothing, as they aren't but a few situations, and you aren't taking into account the millions of times people have been saved by taking the right medicine, after a proper evaluation and talks with a therapist weren't enough. There are risks taking all medicine, but without them many people will die. This goes for all ailments, both physical and mental.
  •  
  • Advice like you give isn't helping anyone. You know little about depression, and even I, who has read thousands of articles and a few books on it, will never feel what a person with clinical depression feels. Some need medicine to help with symptoms that are making their lives a living hell. They can't prescribe themselves medicine, so they have to see a psychiatrist. They will , or should, be given a proper evaluation to decide if medicine is warranted, because some suffer only from seasonal or environmental depression, and this passes .
  •  
  • Don't bother to post anymore links. I've seen them all before, and they aren't near showing what is really out there. And by posting them , again, you are believing certain people and dismissing all psychiatrists, who, like all other doctors that are doing the job intended, are necessary.And lastly, by saying, again, you are a genius, you are further enforcing the reality that you are a narcissist, that think all they say is all right and others are wrong when they disagree with you. This, like all I write, isn't my opinion. And narcissism has no cure.
Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 1