Helping scammers

28 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

there is nothing to do. police dont do anything. banks dont do anything.

Yes, there is and yes, they will.   Call the Anti Online Scam Operation Centre, 1441 (24 hrs) and the police, in co-operation with the banks, will freeze suspicious accounts within minutes in order to cancel the latest transactions

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

where ever you write your number, most likely some employee there has some kind of agreement with scammers and give your phone number to them. they get paid per 10 phone numbers.

How do you know the payment arrangements for these employees of whom you have no idea at all whether they are criminals working with the scammers?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

I lost the count of calls or Messages/emails I receive from scammers on a daily base.

Have you investigated why you are getting so many such scam calls/messages and done anything about them?

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Have you investigated why you are getting so many such scam calls/messages and done anything about them?

I don't spend time on investigate scammers.
I report and block/blacklist them, end of story.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Sometimes you can get a good deal. I keep getting emails from Nigeria and if you send them 50.00 dollars they promise to send you 2.5 million,  not a bad deal.  Honestly how woul;d anyone fall for this crap is unbeleivable. But some peopel do.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, AreYouGerman said:

Very unlikely and probably a lie / save face story to cover up that she fell for the scam and transferred the money herself.

you are so bull<deleted>

they send you an app APK file when you click on it its done. 

no need to do any cover up in my post. its only shared to ppl know whats going on and inform. so obviously you are one of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, there is and yes, they will.   Call the Anti Online Scam Operation Centre, 1441 (24 hrs) and the police, in co-operation with the banks, will freeze suspicious accounts within minutes in order to cancel the latest transactions

lol and then what?

freezing suspicious accs? cancel latest transactions?

you are aware that transactions are in seconds... right?

you are a joke

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How do you know the payment arrangements for these employees of whom you have no idea at all whether they are criminals working with the scammers?

well scammers pays money to people working in some companies which are taking your phone numbers. such as the money exchange thing starting with RICH...   the guys working there are not getting enough salary OR its good to get some extra money. so.. why not give them some tel number.. lets say 1000 baht for 10 numbers.. 

how do i know.. i know

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I like to hear how the scam actually works.

Adding a new contact to LINE is definitely not enough to get money from someone.

yea. sorry about not giving more details. didnt think need more to say tbh.

they send you a APK file with that line id. when you click that APK file it hack your phone

7 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

you are so bull<deleted>

they send you an app APK file when you click on it its done. 

no need to do any cover up in my post. its only shared to ppl know whats going on and inform. so obviously you are one of them.

So, she didn't add their line ID and then got hacked. She actively downloaded and installed and clicked the button "This file can harm your phone".

You are so clueless about things, it's hilarious. "Don't give anyone your phone number, you will get hacked' - wahahaha. The problem always sits in front of the display. Better log off, buddy if you're that clueless.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Best not to take any action off a phone call, especially if the caller is trying to rush you into doing something. Just go into your Bank or phone them on a number you find on the card or website, preferably using a different telephone from the one you used to take the call.

This situation is only going to get worse, so we all have to be hyper vigilant.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

So, she didn't add their line ID and then got hacked. She actively downloaded and installed and clicked the button "This file can harm your phone".

You are so clueless about things, it's hilarious. "Don't give anyone your phone number, you will get hacked' - wahahaha. The problem always sits in front of the display. Better log off, buddy if you're that clueless.

dude.. you have no idea what you are talking about. no idea how softwares works.. so on! you are ignored. i suggest you to stay away from keyboard for a while

Edited by problemfarang
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AlexRich said:

Best not to take any action off a phone call, especially if the caller is trying to rush you into doing something. Just go into your Bank or phone them on a number you find on the card or website, preferably using a different telephone from the one you used to take the call.

This situation is only going to get worse, so we all have to be hyper vigilant.

yes true

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

dude.. you have no idea what you are talking about. no idea how softwares works.. so on! you are ignored. i suggest you to stay away from keyboard for a while

If you ("your friend") get convinced to download/installing an .apk and clicking away the warning button, you should completely log off buddy, it's the best you could do to prevent further incidents, as you have no idea how to protect yourself from scammers. Or perhaps get a legal guarding then you can tell those scammers that you have to ask your legal guarding first! Just trying to help!

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

If you ("your friend") get convinced to download/installing an .apk and clicking away the warning button, you should completely log off buddy, it's the best you could do to prevent further incidents, as you have no idea how to protect yourself from scammers. Or perhaps get a legal guarding then you can tell those scammers that you have to ask your legal guarding first! Just trying to help!

you know that.. in many apps or PC installs you get that warning right? its a standart warning!

so please stop trying to be smart guy. we all know these things. 

also please try to read the whole story. i said they know all info about you and i mean it. so at some point they convince you.

so any way.. thats not the point. the point is to let people with the type of the scam.. so.. calm down man. 

Edited by problemfarang
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

Okay. But how come I was never scammed in my entire life? What did I do differently. Oh, right. I didn't send money to random strangers and don't install apps except a few whitelisted and don't believe anything a random stranger is telling me on messengers or on the phone.

So, the problem is not about giving people your phone number, the problem is in the mirror. Nothing about this particular scam is new. It's always the same pattern and yet, people still fall for it... and then blame, like you, making their phone number public. Lolz.

Wow..

You know what.. i seriously want to appoligise from you. I mean it. Because im 44 years old and never ever met a person who is..  perfect. A person never made a mistake in his or her life.

Sir you are my idol in this life. I adore you. I beg you to create a youtube channel or write a book to enlight us about being perfect in this life. 

I hope i satisfy your ego enough. Hope your happy. Im also very happy that you are so perfect that never bit scammer tricks. Or so perfect that you never ever did a mistake in your life sir. 

Btw.. the person they scammed is a lady from england age of 55. Just arrived thailand and decided to live here after staying 3 months. 

With all respect.. with the all information scammers know about her.. dude.. trust me you would piss yourself right there how they know so much. So.. just shut up pls. You made your point. Its obvious you are one of that guys know too much but.... lol

Also its obvious you didnt understand my post or not read properly.

Sadly here we have many ppl like you.. im great.  I know all.. blah blah.. well we all know how it ends later... and how its sad

You are ignored and i will not reply your posts anymore. Thnx

Edited by problemfarang
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

Wow..

You know what.. i seriously want to appoligise from you. I mean it. Because im 44 years old and never ever met a person who is..  perfect. A person never made a mistake in his or her life.

Sir you are my idol in this life. I adore you. I beg you to create a youtube channel or write a book to enlight us about being perfect in this life. 

I hope i satisfy your ego enough. Hope your happy. Im also very happy that you are so perfect that never bit scammer tricks. Or so perfect that you never ever did a mistake in your life sir. 

Btw.. the person they scammed is a lady from england age of 55. Just arrived thailand and decided to live here after staying 3 months. 

With all respect.. with the all information scammers know about her.. dude.. trust me you would piss yourself right there how they know so much. So.. just shut up pls. You made your point. Its obvious you are one of that guys know too much but.... lol

Also its obvious you didnt understand my post or not read properly.

Sadly here we have many ppl like you.. im great.  I know all.. blah blah.. well we all know how it ends later... and how its sad

You are ignored and i will not reply your posts anymore. Thnx

You are very welcome!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, problemfarang said:

yea. sorry about not giving more details. didnt think need more to say tbh.

they send you a APK file with that line id. when you click that APK file it hack your phone

Thanks for the reply.

Such APK file is similar to an exe file for Windows.

And by now everybody learned not to click on exe files if you don't know exactly where they come from and what they do.

Clicking on anything from anybody who you don't know is definitely a bad idea. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, JayClay said:

I think the problem is that you originally claimed that all you have to do is accept a Line contact and then they start taking money from your bank.

You then say that the victim clicked a link, downloaded an APK, ignored a warning, installed and launched an app.

That it a completely different claim than your original one. And while I am more sympathetic to your friend's plight than others on the forum (it's easier than some people think to get duped into doing something like that) it does make your original claim, and presumably the whole reason for starting this thread, invalid: Leaving your phone number lying aroud and subsequently accepting a Line contact alone is not enough to get scammed.

For anybody who is worried about the possibility of one of their loved ones being taken in by one of these scammers, there is an option in Line which says something like "allow people to find me by my phone number". Disable it. Now nobody can find you unless they know your LineID. This unfortunately isn't helpful, of course, for people who use their phone number as their LineID. 

I agree with you. I just wanted to write something similar.

Nobody should click on an attachment if they don't know from whom it is and what it does! 

The rest of the above story is irrelevant.

I understand that some scammers are convincing, and they are able to convince especially inexperienced people to click on things.

But that doesn't change the rules: Don't click on a possibly risky attachment! Don't ignore warnings!

And I like to add: Read warnings!

I work with computers and when people call me with problems, they often say something like: There was a message and I clicked ok. I ask them what did the message say? The answer: I don't know, I didn't read it.

There could be a message "If you click ok, we will hack your device and steal all your money" and many people would still click OK...

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks for the reply.

Such APK file is similar to an exe file for Windows.

And by now everybody learned not to click on exe files if you don't know exactly where they come from and what they do.

Clicking on anything from anybody who you don't know is definitely a bad idea. 

Yes. She learned her lesson. Thnx