Deputy National Police Chief suspended

webfact

35 minutes ago, Jack Hammer said:

The government should check all of his assets and ask him to explain how he acquire such wealth on a policeman’s salary.  I know the stock answer is he comes from a wealthy family. If his family is that wealthy, why is he a policeman? While they are at it also check all other high-ranking officials

I'm sure funds have been distributed very carefully among nominees.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

As if more proofs needed to show how tainted and crooked Thai police are, which begs

the question: how the Thai police can now be trusted at to do a fair job in the light of such accusations

of its senior members?

You forget that the people making the accusations are also corrupt according to your philosophy. Therefore the whole thing could be a fit up based on lies

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Zack61 said:

Just wondering what the roles of two sergeants were. Seems a strange mix alongside a general and two colonels. 

The sergeants are usually the gophers doing all the grunt work. If the leaders had been lower rank they would have been simple police officers.  and they can communicate better with the lower ranks getting information where the rank of the senior officers would intimidate 

Edited by RobU

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol Gen Kitrat confirms that everything is being done in due process of the law and the police investigation.

Thank you for assuring the public about "due process", "the law", "self-investigation" and stuff. It sounds so officious and seems to validate all of it. Yet, this statement has been trumpeted so many times by the RTP that the public could probably recite it by rote. Everything the RTP touches is done by the book and everyone in the RTP is corrupt. Go figure...

I was under the impression that any police officer being promoted to a higher level, promotion paid for or not, was promoted under the condition that this individual would do just about nothing to change the culture and ways of policing here.

So I was wrong so it appears...

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

As if more proofs needed to show how tainted and crooked Thai police are, which begs

the question: how the Thai police can now be trusted at to do a fair job in the light of such accusations

of its senior members?

Sorry I missed your comment about why does he work if he is wealthy. You seem to think that if someone is wealthy they shouldn't work. That is a rather silly assumption. He joined the police as a vocation, the amount of salary he receives is irrelevant to him, he doesn't need it. He is probably the least corruptible officer in the RTP. 

• Agree 1