1st T-Storm Downpour Happening: How will Raining-season onslaught improve your 2024?

GammaGlobulin

Posted (edited)

Good Evening, Ladies & Gentlemen....

I must be on my way:

Axis Bold as LOVE.....Amazing....

How much longer will this heat beat down upon us?

I have lived here before.
And this is why, I am so concerned.

THE WORLD IS BURNING.

BURNING!

I want to know about the HUMAN EARTH......

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Are there actually flying saucers?

You should know as you have just said "have lived here before" and I thought you had said in the past that you lived on another planet or level than us mere mortals!

Edited by scottiejohn

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

You should know as you have just said "have lived here before" and I thought you had said in the past that you lived on another planet or level than us mere mortals!

Right.

Kurt Vonnegut.

Yes....

(He lost his mind, in the end.  So sad, really!)

Edited by GammaGlobulin

7 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

STOP typing!

New Keyboard, on the way.....!

Soon to come.

I will connect this to my new openSUSE machine....next week.

It's going to be simply sublime....

image.png.eebe3c188c89ae803a00718b1303775d.png

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

At least he had a mind to lose, unlike you!

"The smell of the Earth, BURNING"....(so prescient), and such an image, too, for these days. But...HOW?  How did Jimi get it so CORRECT, back in the day?

Your guess is as good as mine, I guess....maybe....

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

There MUST BE some kind of way OUT OF HERE!

I can't get no RELIEF!

Our world is BURNING......

Especially, around here in Chiang Mai....

Smoke EVERYWHERE!

HOT

HOT

HOT

No reason to get excited.....

Right?

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Posted (edited)

How many here have thought about a better way to insulate you home to make it more thermally efficient.

40 years ago, I met a friend, in Naples, Florida, who founded this company.

I like the idea of using this technology to attach insulation to the exterior of my house.

What do you think?

I am all for improving thermal insulation on all homes....

Here is where I used to live.

Here, we can afford to protect ourselves from almost everything, except the Naples Farang....

Edited by GammaGlobulin

image.png.51ac3803a45f6a3a1dcc0c21cad88c86.png

The Walton family, not matter what they might think, may not be able to escape Global Warming, no matter how deep they dig their bunkers.

image.png.aca5c54bb479ae2b3b1ebb4930fb02f0.png

image.png.38c887648c15a1601cd6e1b22973cb89.png

Hot is Hot, 

The Waltons....The ULTIMATE Preppers!

Posted (edited)

image.png.65473a34344c47fd2f1dd014dd963cfb.png

a.  And so, if you really want to hear about it, the first I learned about CO2 and Climate Forcing was in 1970, from a Social Science Prof at my university.

b. And, if you really want to hear about it, the first I learned about Ecological Overshoot was when I read the book by Paul Ehrlich.

c. I didn't read anything by Lovelock until much later.

d. The first time I became truly concerned about Global Warming issues was when I watched the many seminars, formerly available, but now taken down, with the bright lights attending, such as James Hansen, and other top scientists, at Columbia, at The Earth Institute.

image.png.32f39b0ac1f96b4aac87c9dff9d1bc39.png

image.png.7c62d947f8cf162c0dad11f1efa1ddb7.png

image.png.af649d8b24fe0647d5de1413adec9d51.png

e. For some unknown reasons, those seminars, which were recorded and made available online, are difficult to find.

image.png.f79b6148c228ff625b1c8216f02d1189.png

image.png.dc7dc90cf5bb9a731e729010b83f1b43.png

f.  The videos that I once watched were put out by this program at Columbia...

image.png.c1d631fdf65860a162b96604dc32a782.png

The presenters at the seminars were tops in their fields. And, these were not for a lay audience.

g.  So, I sometimes wonder why Columbia University does not rank much higher than it does, among unis, because Columbia is one of the very best in the world, though less famous than that NUMBER ONE SLOUCH/GARBAGE school, Harvard.

h.  These days, I actually do not care that much about Global Warming.  And, you know why?

Yesterday, on this Forum, some NITWIT called me "GrandPa" and offered me some warm milk, and suggested I take my warm milk, and retire for the evening.  How dismissive is THAT!, I ask you?

i.  Let me tell you:

I am not worried about Global Warming for my own personal wellbeing.  I only worry for you, the young guys on this blessed Forum.

I now have 60,000 BTU of cooling power blowing on me. If I want, I can dial down the temps in my rooms to about 18 degrees C.  And, maybe next year, I will have installed enough solar generation here on my land to power my ACs during daylight hours.  I also can pump up enough well-water to supply my needs, using my semi-permeable membrane.

I do not worry for myself, you see.

But I do worry for those who may not be able to protect themselves from changing times during this next decade.

Also, if things get really bad, then I can always decamp to American Samoa where the temps, due to the surrounding waters, will help to moderate the coming calamity of Global Warming, long enough for me.

j.  I never become ruffled in any way when people call me Grandpa. Instead, I worry about what might happen before I die.

After I die, I will no longer need worry about much....

k.  Well, I guess that now is about time for my warm milk....

image.png.112d26f79e034df618118ca8fb27167a.png

If only there were some Pattaya woman to tuck me in this evening.

And, maybe someone to take my money, in exchange for a kiss.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

On 4/21/2024 at 3:32 PM, sandyf said:

Not quite as bad as 2011, when supermarket shelves became empty and DM had to close.

In 2011, heavy rain combined with multiple tropical storms throughout the extended rainy season led to severe, record-high flooding across 66 provinces in Thailand, including the Bangkok metropolitan area and its surrounding areas. Overall, the floods affected more than 13 million people and resulted in more than 680 deaths. The total damage and losses from the 2011 floods in Thailand amounted to THB 1.43 trillion (around USD 46.5 billion). The manufacturing sector bore roughly 70 percent of the total damage and losses due to the flooding of six industrial estates in Ayuthaya and Pathum Thani from mid-October to November 2011. Overall, approximately 90 percent of the damage and losses from the 2011 floods were borne by the private sector.

https://www.preventionweb.net/publication/2011-thailand-floods-rapid-assessment-resilient-recovery-and-reconstruction-planning#:~:text=Overall%2C the floods affected more,(around USD 46.5 billion).

Agree 2011 was horrible - one of the klongs used to speed up flood waters moving out of BKK was right next to daughter's school and not too far from our townhouse so we evacuated to Kanchanaburi for several months.  Fortunately the school and our abode did not flood.  It definitely was a living nightmare at times and wouldn't want to repeat that.  The year following that, we moved out of BKK to CM.  Now, guess we will have to plan on evacuating out of CM during the "burning season".  Can hardly wait this year for the rains.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Presnock said:

Agree 2011 was horrible - one of the klongs used to speed up flood waters moving out of BKK was right next to daughter's school and not too far from our townhouse so we evacuated to Kanchanaburi for several months.  Fortunately the school and our abode did not flood.  It definitely was a living nightmare at times and wouldn't want to repeat that.  The year following that, we moved out of BKK to CM.  Now, guess we will have to plan on evacuating out of CM during the "burning season".  Can hardly wait this year for the rains.

last week, the weather bureau exec mentioned on the local morning news that they expected the rainy season to start near the end of this month.  This morning that same exec indicated that they rainy season may not start until the first or second week of NEXT month, and that the first couple of months the rains may be lighter (than what I don't know)but then from August on to the end of the season there might even be a couple of strong storms.  

First Thunderstorm of the year , shower of rain for 1 hour . Left a few puddles.

Electric out for nearly 2 hours , that is our 5th power cut this year . 

On 5/7/2024 at 1:57 PM, NE1 said:

First Thunderstorm of the year , shower of rain for 1 hour . Left a few puddles.

Electric out for nearly 2 hours , that is our 5th power cut this year . 

YES!

You are entirely correct, and...
I was going to start a TOPIC about this strange power outage, which was quite a bit dissimilar to what I am used to here in Chiang Mai.

This seemed more of a BROWN OUT instead of a full power outage.

And, for over two hours, the water pump worked, but was very slow.

The fans were slow.

And, the ACs were slow.

Why was this?

Maybe we lost 3-phase power and kept single-phase power?

I really do not know.

I prefer the type of power outage which happens suddenly, and all the power delivery ceases.

And then, when the power is retorted, the power returns at NORMAL Levels, or normal state.

This power outage was too confusing for me.

And, due to this strange power outage, I actually went to JIB and bought a new UPS, which I might not have needed.

Still, one can ALWAYS use an extra UPS while living in Thailand, as everybody knows.