St George's Day rally in London descends to chaos: Protesters slam Met's 'two-tier policiy

Social Media

4 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Saint Patricks Day celebrations ...

image.jpeg.f89124b66459cd4db7b3a4a382e5fb9d.jpeg

Saint David's Day celebrations ...

St-Davids-celebrations-cardiff-b2d1193.webp.4352c3f666c5f376425083839655b766.webp

Saint Andrew's Day celebrations ...

image.jpeg.79b224b0ccbb5b56377979af52fd2773.jpeg

Saint George's Day celebrations ...

image.thumb.jpeg.6bd0855c8ec26f2e6b92c8891297ec50.jpeg

Saint George's Day Rally ...

image.jpeg.7a337ee2e22100d8d9eb0d1f97531057.jpeg

83997309-13341495-image-a-3_1713892077295.avif 103.41 kB · 0 downloads

yes saint patricks day is all about a calm march down the st. 

also if i am not mistaken the one pic you have decided to show about saint georges day looks to be taken from a uefa qualifying game or match. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, G_Money said:

And you spend the vast majority of your time on American topics.

Doesn't your own country need your advice?

The vast majority of threads in the World News Forum are discussing American topics.

Your baseless guess are not helping you make any on-topic comments are they?!

Refer too of this thread for the topic under discussion, it’s not me.

• Confused 1

On 4/24/2024 at 5:52 AM, Social Media said:

image.png

A St George's Day rally in London turned chaotic as riot police clashed with crowds, and a police horse was attacked near Downing Street. Mounted officers intervened after a group broke through a police cordon, leading to scuffles and footage showing a man striking one of the horses with an umbrella. The incident occurred shortly before the main rally at 3 pm, where figures like Tommy Robinson and Laurence Fox joined the crowd in singing along to songs like Sweet Caroline.

image.png

The Metropolitan Police stated that officers had to respond when a group violently breached police blockades. Some critics pointed out what they saw as a "two-tier policing" approach, alleging that pro-Palestine marchers were treated more leniently. Video footage shared by the Met showed officers forming a cordon, only to be pushed past by a group, some waving flags, and others donning St George's flags, before mounted officers intervened. Laurence Fox took to the stage to make abusive remarks about Sadiq Khan. He called the London mayor a “dictator” before leading the crowd in chants of “get Khan out”.

image.png

A spokesperson for the Met explained, "The event is not due to start for an hour, and regrettably, officers are already dealing with disorder. There is an area allocated for this event in Richmond Terrace. This group went past it and continued up Whitehall. When officers formed a cordon and asked the group to turn around, they reacted by violently forcing their way through. Mounted officers intervened with horses to restore the cordon."

image.png

Despite the initial disturbance, the rally concluded peacefully, with no further incidents reported. Speakers at the event included Tommy Robinson, former leader of the English Defence League, and Laurence Fox, leader of The Reclaim Party. Robinson, who had been acquitted of breaching a dispersal order during a pro-Israel protest in November 2026, claimed he was attending the march as a journalist. The court found the dispersal order possibly unlawful due to an incorrect date on the paperwork.

While some attendees dressed up for the occasion, with one person even wearing a knight's costume while riding a horse, the event's overall tone was marred by the earlier clashes and concerns over policing tactics.

2024-04-24

Source

image.png

A big party for everyone.🥳

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, G_Money said:

I highly doubt they do.  Maybe that’s why he always interjects his opinion and advice on ours (USA).  

Even though he doesn’t live in the USA he feels he knows what is best for the American people.  Strange, but true.

However according to forum rules he is free to post wherever he wants.  

Unfortunately the USA topics are stuck with him.  And a few others.

Do you have anything to say about the topic of this thread?

St George's Day rally in London descends to chaos: Protesters slam Met's 'two-tier policiy.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Red Forever said:

George Orwell summed it up:

" Patriotism is the love of one's country. Nationalism is the hatred of others".

So presumably you think Yousaf is a hater? Or are Muslim Scottish nationalists excluded?

image.png.5d25b4581da7e397aba0d14a41d1711d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

"Laurence Fox took to the stage to make abusive remarks about Sadiq Khan. He called the London mayor a “dictator” before leading the crowd in chants of “get Khan out”.

Well I would hardly call it abusive, to calling Sadiq Khan a dictator, he clearly is?:clap2:

He's about to be re-elected, hopefully.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

A personal attack misgendering another member and a reply has been removed, this is not the first time I have had to remove these posts, this is a flame and is wasting my time, make no mistake, do it again and there will be consequences

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I don’t see anything witty about any of this, I think it’s deadly serious.

Charging through police cordons, animal cruelty, abusive remarks.

It doesn’t look at all humorous to me.

Agree with you about the animal cruelty bit.

10 hours ago, G_Money said:

I highly doubt they do.  Maybe that’s why he always interjects his opinion and advice on ours (USA).  

Even though he doesn’t live in the USA he feels he knows what is best for the American people.  Strange, but true.

However according to forum rules he is free to post wherever he wants.  

Unfortunately the USA topics are stuck with him.  And a few others.

If the US didn't go around causing mayhem all over the world we'd be very happy not to comment on things American. The POTUS affects the rest of the world as well as the US, and currently he's creating problems for other countries with his warmongering.

So, don't tell us not to comment about American politics.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Personally, it is of little surprise to me that there is a growing number of right-wing English people who are outspoken in their views about the state of the country, immigration, deprivation etc. 

If you are a middle-of-the-road patriot, then your view is ignored by the government, by the London Lord Mayor, by elected MPs (who IMHO are nothing more than a bunch of corrupt b*st***s who line their own pockets, regardless of whart party they belong to).  I hold the same view for almost ALL elected representatives right across the world.  There are very, very few honest elected representatives.

I foretell that if the views and wishes of patriotic English people continues to be ignored by whatever government is in power, then widespread civil unrest will occur, possibly leading to the overthrow of the government by a combination of honest, patriotic citizens with the support of the armed forces.

There are local election in May and a general election due.

There are a range of political parties contesting these elections.

Voters have a choice.

10 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

right-wing, nationalistic thugs.

No need to politically label people. Even right-wing, nationalistic people have a right to freedom of speech but not to mayhem and property destruction.

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There are local election in May and a general election due.

I thought you said the general election was going to be in May? 😃