St George's Day rally in London descends to chaos: Protesters slam Met's 'two-tier policiy

Social Media

image.png

A St George's Day rally in London turned chaotic as riot police clashed with crowds, and a police horse was attacked near Downing Street. Mounted officers intervened after a group broke through a police cordon, leading to scuffles and footage showing a man striking one of the horses with an umbrella. The incident occurred shortly before the main rally at 3 pm, where figures like Tommy Robinson and Laurence Fox joined the crowd in singing along to songs like Sweet Caroline.

image.png

The Metropolitan Police stated that officers had to respond when a group violently breached police blockades. Some critics pointed out what they saw as a "two-tier policing" approach, alleging that pro-Palestine marchers were treated more leniently. Video footage shared by the Met showed officers forming a cordon, only to be pushed past by a group, some waving flags, and others donning St George's flags, before mounted officers intervened. Laurence Fox took to the stage to make abusive remarks about Sadiq Khan. He called the London mayor a “dictator” before leading the crowd in chants of “get Khan out”.

image.png

A spokesperson for the Met explained, "The event is not due to start for an hour, and regrettably, officers are already dealing with disorder. There is an area allocated for this event in Richmond Terrace. This group went past it and continued up Whitehall. When officers formed a cordon and asked the group to turn around, they reacted by violently forcing their way through. Mounted officers intervened with horses to restore the cordon."

image.png

Despite the initial disturbance, the rally concluded peacefully, with no further incidents reported. Speakers at the event included Tommy Robinson, former leader of the English Defence League, and Laurence Fox, leader of The Reclaim Party. Robinson, who had been acquitted of breaching a dispersal order during a pro-Israel protest in November 2026, claimed he was attending the march as a journalist. The court found the dispersal order possibly unlawful due to an incorrect date on the paperwork.

While some attendees dressed up for the occasion, with one person even wearing a knight's costume while riding a horse, the event's overall tone was marred by the earlier clashes and concerns over policing tactics.

2024-04-24

Source

image.png

Just now, G_Money said:

Wow!  Posting on your countries social issues.

Unlike yourself I’ll keep out of the business that isn’t mine.

More baseless assumptions on your part.

Here’s the bit you are missing:

Topics of discussion on the forum are open to anyone to comment on the basis of one single qualification, that they are members of the forum.

Having corrected you in that matter.

Do you have anything to say about the topic under discussion?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Are you saying retarius has morals. 😂😂😂

In no way did my post imply such a thing. I resent the implication. 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This topic is not about his previous acting career.

But Laurence Fox does get a mention, so he is part of the topic.

And I was only offering my admiration of his acting abilities, particularly when playing a right wing extremist.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Off topic trolling is what you are doing and you know it

I know nothing of the sort.

Laurence Fox gets three mentions in the OP.

I know him as an actor, or at least from when he was an actor; I believe he’s ‘resting’ these days.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1