St George's Day rally in London descends to chaos: Protesters slam Met's 'two-tier policiy

Social Media

3 minutes ago, proton said:

Why do lefties always gleefully point put St George was from Turkey? Jesus was from Judea does that make following him somehow wrong?

It’s a fair point.

After all St George’s day is celebrated in a whole lot of other counties 

Including: 

Albania, Bulgaria, Greece, Georgia, Kosovo, Lebanon, Syria, Palestine, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Catalonia, Aragon, Brazil.

I wonder if the citizens of these countries residing in London would have been welcomed at this particular ‘Rally’.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Ah!.....The "Best of British" on display for the world to see.......makes you proud doesn't it......doesn't it? 

Obviously fake or maybe leftwing 'agent provocateurs' led them astray and encouraged them.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

No need to politically label people. Even right-wing, nationalistic people have a right to freedom of speech but not to mayhem and property destruction.

Correct, but these guys were demonstrably thuggish.  I would think those with nationalistic views are happy to be labelled 'right-wing', and wouldn't find the label offensive.  I may be wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s a fair point.

Including: 

Albania, Bulgaria, Greece, Georgia, Kosovo, Lebanon, Syria, Palestine, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Catalonia, Aragon, Brazil.

I wonder if the citizens of these countries residing in London would have been welcomed at this particular ‘Rally’.

There is no Palestine, why invite other nationalities to our own national day? Anyone could turn up and be most welcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Martin71 said:

Oh.. you mean the British patriot celebrating his country of birth...

Are Scot's celebrating their national day a right wing bunch of thugs,

Are Welsh celebrating their national day a right wing bunch of thugs,

Are Americans celebrating their national day a right wing bunch of thugs,

Are French celebrating their national day a right wing bunch of thugs....

The list goes on but I am hoping you get the point...

A brief search of English regional news returns examples of peaceful St George celebrations took place across England. You’ll find these reports include participation by people from all parts of the community, but especially civic organizations, school kids, the scouts and girl guides, veterans, women and children, old and young.

All celebrating the many wonderful things about England and all a-political.

The Rally that is the subject of this thread was not one of them.

4 minutes ago, proton said:

The woke daily Guardian calls anyone right of Stalin far right, this labeling of people the left don't agree with has run it's course, so over used only fools take it seriously. When was the last time these news outlets called anyone far left?

55555.....can"t believe you have just written that....unless it is sarcasm?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Ah!.....The "Best of British" on display for the world to see.......makes you proud doesn't it......doesn't it? 

Obviously fake or maybe leftwing 'agent provocateurs' led them astray and encouraged them.

Reading the Guardian makes you cock-eyed.😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Laurence Fox puts in an appearance, something he’s not done in the world of acting since 2022.

I feel that’s a shame, he was a rather good actor. Many admired his portrayal of ‘Hathaway’ in the TV series ‘Lewis’.

It was indeed a good bit of acting but to my mind nowhere near as good as his portrayal of a WW2 British Fascist and Nazi sympathizer in ‘Folyes War’ - A truly inspired performance, his characterization seemed absolutely believable.

And don't forget that part of the narrative of the Hathaway character was that he was religious and was confrontational with the new black chief inspector. Art imitating life perhaps? Perhaps the writers realized a thing or two about the not at all racist Laurence Fox. By their deleted tweets let them be known.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, DPKANKAN said:

QUOTE;- "during a pro-Israel protest in November 2026". Oh has 'Doctor Who' gone back in time to today or something???? 😂🤣😂🤣

The officer concerned said his battery was dying and in a panic he mistakenly typed in that date......it is how Robinson 'got off'.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s a fair point.

Including: 

Yes. St. George never set foot in England and may never have even known it existed. He's a strange icon for Anglo Saxons. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If the US didn't go around causing mayhem all over the world we'd be very happy not to comment on things American. The POTUS affects the rest of the world as well as the US, and currently he's creating problems for other countries with his warmongering.

So, don't tell us not to comment about American politics.

Spoken by a citizen whose country has been the leader in taking over other countries in modern history.

”The sun never sets upon the British Empire “

Pot, Kettle, Black.

Exactly how does our POTUS affect YOUR daily life as a non American?

While I agree Biden is a moron I don’t see how his domestic policies nor his foreign policies affect YOU as a non US tax payer.

By the topic of this thread it appears your country has its own issues and would benefit from your attention.

Edited by G_Money
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There are local election in May and a general election due.

There are a range of political parties contesting these elections.

Voters have a choice.

You just ignored what he said.

On 4/24/2024 at 5:52 AM, Social Media said:

Robinson, who had been acquitted of breaching a dispersal order during a pro-Israel protest in November 2026

Who's been using time travel? Not fair

14 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

Yes. St. George never set foot in England and may never have even known it existed. He's a strange icon for Anglo Saxons. 

Its the celebration of the U.K, rather than a celebration of one man .

George is just the figure head 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, G_Money said:

I really, really, really wish it didn't.  But as the leader of the most powerful democracy on the planet, POTUS can be a major force for good or ill for everyone. 

PH

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Spoken by a citizen whose country has been the leader in taking over other countries in modern history.

”The sun never sets upon the British Empire “

Pot, Kettle, Black.

While I agree Biden is a moron I don’t see how his domestic policies nor his foreign policies affect YOU as a non US tax payer.

By the topic of this thread it appears your country has its own issues and would benefit from your attention.

Woa, hold your horses cowboy, TBL is not one of us, he is one of them. 😉

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

I really, really, really wish it didn't.  But as the leader of the most powerful democracy on the planet, POTUS can be a major force for good or ill for everyone. 

PH

Can you be just a little more specific?  

How is your daily life affected in the UK by the POTUS?

Shortages of tea and biscuits?

Increasing the tax on pork pies?

Market shelves empty of Yorkshire pudding?

Bake beans served with BBQ instead of breakfast?

Introduction of American streaky bacon?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

Why do lefties always gleefully point put St George was from Turkey? Jesus was from Judea does that make following him somehow wrong?

...and St Patrick was English. He was a slave that brought Chrisianity to Ireland. The 'lefties' should ensure that they mention this to every Irish person they meet...especially ex-IRA members 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Woa, hold your horses cowboy, TBL is not one of us, he is one of them. 😉

Funny post.

Them?  

You mean Australian?

Same Same but a little different.  One has a tan and wears Stubbie shorts and the other doesn’t.

Edited by G_Money
  • Haha 1

Just now, G_Money said:

Them?  

You mean Australian?

Same Same but a little different.  One has a tan and wears Stubbie shorts and the other doesn’t.

Nearly, down a bit to the right.👍