Jump to content

Renewal of UK Passport Agent recommendation Pattaya area


banglay

Recommended Posts

Hi All I  am  looking for a reliable and trustworthy agent to renew my UK Passport in the Pattaya area  .. the last one I did myself  but this time I want to go down the agent route getting lazy in my old age lol 🙂 ,

Cheers  in advance 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, lelapin said:

Will be looking to renew my Passport in July and am looking for an agent but was planning on avoiding Key Visa as I have concerns that their service may not be as good since Darren died,  I take it you did your passport towards the end of 2023 so can confirm the service is still good there?

 

Other agencies I've been considering are www.mythaivisa.com  & https://thaivisa-express.com/uk-passport-application-thailand/ 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do it yourself and save yourself a bunch of money. I did mine a couple of months ago and it's a breeze.

 

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

 

Download the form, follow the instructions and then it's a couple of trips to BKK. You can keep your original passport for the duration.

The only thing to add is take proof of address with you (bank statement, utility bill, etc). This isn't made apparent in the instructions but they will ask for it.

  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 3STTW said:

Do it yourself and save yourself a bunch of money. I did mine a couple of months ago and it's a breeze.

 

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

 

Download the form, follow the instructions and then it's a couple of trips to BKK. You can keep your original passport for the duration.

The only thing to add is take proof of address with you (bank statement, utility bill, etc). This isn't made apparent in the instructions but they will ask for it.

If you live in Bangkok then yes, but if you don't then the additional 6,000 THB agency fees are probably worth it to save the expense/hassle of 2 trips to Bangkok.  

 

 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

That is positive feedback..... they did mine a few years prior, fine service then. Glad to hear things are still ok after the owner passed. 

What do you need to take. Can you post it to them?

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Andycoops said:

Key Visa, opposite the BigC South Pattaya.

Used them before with excellent service.

Hi .  I  think I'll  be going with them too 🙂 ... out of curiosity how long did the procedure take from handing over your passport to having it back  in your hands  ?? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Currently, I use the well known agent in Soi Post office for my extensions.

However, during the height of the pandemic, I was a strandee here with a rapidly expiring UK passport. It was about August/September of 2020 when I used Thai Visa Express in Soi 15, off of Soi Buakhao. The cost was THB 10,000 and my new (and old) passports were returned to me in just shy of 4 weeks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Expat68 said:

What do you need to take. Can you post it to them?

I have heard of people using post.... but obviously easier to visit the office. Give them a call, English well spoken. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used Thai Visa Express in December last year, they did an excellent job and can speak good English and can fill in the application form if you want. The girl I spoke to 'Ying' is very good, she knows exactly what are the requirements, like proof of address etc!

 

https://thaivisa-express.com/thai-visa-express-pattaya/

 

From dropping it off to pickup...two weeks exactly.    12,000 all in!

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

I used Thai Visa Express in December last year, they did an excellent job and can speak good English and can fill in the application form if you want. The girl I spoke to 'Ying' is very good, she knows exactly what are the requirements, like proof of address etc!

 

https://thaivisa-express.com/thai-visa-express-pattaya/

 

From dropping it off to pickup...two weeks exactly.    12,000 all in!

 

 

12,000 plus the passport fee ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Expat68 said:

What do you need to take. Can you post it to them?

I have used KeyVisa a few times for second passport renewals both before and after Darren's passing. Always the same good service. Drop them a line and they will walk you through it, very helpful. I send everything down by EMS and they return by EMS.

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

You can't use this method here, as you need to surrender your old passport by posting it to UK, which you can't do if it contains your original and valid visa and extension stamps in it, which have to be transferred across by Thai Immigration. And what's his wife got to do with it? 

Agreed, you shouldn't be here without an original passport as proof of identity.

As far as the wife goes I think it meant send the wife to VFS in Bangkok with the application.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, tubber said:

I have used KeyVisa a few times for second passport renewals both before and after Darren's passing. Always the same good service. Drop them a line and they will walk you through it, very helpful. I send everything down by EMS and they return by EMS.

They have been my agent for the past 8 years.  My only criticism is that they tend to be at the upper end of expensive. 

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Doctor Tom said:

That's where it falls down for me.  I'd pay a Kings Ransom to never have to go to Bangkok' 

I used to hate going to Bangkok but recent years has been a bit easier, i think due to better transport services.

From Pattaya you could get the bus to the airport and then the train to Makkasan.  VFS is not far away, within walking distance or a couple of stops on the MRT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

I used to hate going to Bangkok but recent years has been a bit easier, i think due to better transport services.

From Pattaya you could get the bus to the airport and then the train to Makkasan.  VFS is not far away, within walking distance or a couple of stops on the MRT.

I used to do it a couple of times per month to go visit mates & always took the bus from Pattaya Nua to Ekkamai (got off at Udom Suk) & then the BTS... IIRC It's <140 THB each way, cheap as chips 🙂 

 

Have also done a few day trips to visit my dentist in Sathorn, but now my mates have moved & I've switched dentists, 6K is a small price to pay to not have to do 2 trips just to go to VFS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ancharee said:

12,000 plus the passport fee ?

I believe 12,000 includes the passport fee (12,500 for the "Jumbo" passport). their fee is 5,000B if you pay for the passport yourself.

 

 

Edited by Mike Teavee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.





×
×
  • Create New...