Renewal of UK Passport Agent recommendation Pattaya area

banglay

13 hours ago, 3STTW said:

Do it yourself and save yourself a bunch of money. I did mine a couple of months ago and it's a breeze.

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

Download the form, follow the instructions and then it's a couple of trips to BKK. You can keep your original passport for the duration.

The only thing to add is take proof of address with you (bank statement, utility bill, etc). This isn't made apparent in the instructions but they will ask for it.

Most of us know that, but then there are those like me that don't want to get on a plane a couple of times.

An agent saves all that cr@p, for a 5000bht fee, no contest, but you carry on.....🤭

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I believe 12,000 includes the passport fee (12,500 for the "Jumbo" passport). their fee is 5,000B if you pay for the passport yourself.

I called Key visa yesterday and they quoted me 13000b for the larger paged passport 🙂

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

I used to hate going to Bangkok but recent years has been a bit easier, i think due to better transport services.

From Pattaya you could get the bus to the airport and then the train to Makkasan.  VFS is not far away, within walking distance or a couple of stops on the MRT.

I'd rather just stay around Sattahip and pay an agent 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, 3STTW said:

The only thing to add is take proof of address with you (bank statement, utility bill, etc). This isn't made apparent in the instructions but they will ask for it.

Actually, it's pretty clearly stated;

image.png.201cfd996a3103b63beb98c67e251751.png

3 minutes ago, banglay said:

Update  ! dropped my passport off at Key Visa .... in and out in less than 5 minutes  .only had to sign a blank passport application form  and they do the rest ... they said it should be back  within 7 weeks  ..  if that is correct  it's well worth the money 🙂

Yep, very good, a couple of years back it took mine 15+ weeks....😢

Oh, did mine all by EMS post, everything done sitting at my desk with one visit to the post office...🤗

Edited by transam

6 hours ago, ancharee said:

12,000 plus the passport fee ?

No, that included everything! That was for the 'jumbo' 50 page passport!

Edited by mikeymike100

2 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

No, that included everything!

It's now 12500b for the standard passport  and  13000b for the larger paged passport 

• Like 1

The different lead times being quoted are more to do with the processing time at the far end, not the time taken by the local agent. I am sure all the Pattaya agents have staff going up and down to VFS in Bangkok every week.

14 minutes ago, banglay said:

It's now 12500b for the standard passport  and  13000b for the larger paged passport 

This was last December, as I mentioned and I understand the passport prices have increased, so yes completely understandable. Still worth it, as its only every 10 years!

18 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

You can't use this method here, as you need to surrender your old passport by posting it to UK, which you can't do if it contains your original and valid visa and extension stamps in it, which have to be transferred across by Thai Immigration. And what's his wife got to do with it? 

What a load of tosh you write up. My wife renewed my passport in May 2019. She also acted as agent for a friend at the same time. Never a problem. Took photo copies of out passports pages and had our Visa stamps transferred the next time we had to report to immigration. So yes you can use whatever method you're referring to.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, 3STTW said:

Do it yourself and save yourself a bunch of money. I did mine a couple of months ago and it's a breeze.

According to 'Doctor Tom' you can't DIY

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I used to do it a couple of times per month to go visit mates & always took the bus from Pattaya Nua to Ekkamai (got off at Udom Suk) & then the BTS... IIRC It's <140 THB each way, cheap as chips 🙂 

Indeed,we are in Chonburi and would  normally use BTS from Kheha. But VFS has moved from Trendy to Rama 9 and going to that area we would use the airport and Makkasan.

8 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

What a load of tosh you write up. My wife renewed my passport in May 2019. She also acted as agent for a friend at the same time. Never a problem. Took photo copies of out passports pages and had our Visa stamps transferred the next time we had to report to immigration. So yes you can use whatever method you're referring to.

The online method that was suggested requires the original passport to be sent to the UK and Mr Tom was quite right in what he said.

You may well think it is ok to be without a passport but I doubt many would agree.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

According to 'Doctor Tom' you can't DIY

No he didn't, he said it shouldn't be done online.

Most people do it themselves at VFS, i was one of the first when it move from the FCO in 2014.

Went back to UK in Sept to do it again. VFS sucks.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, sandyf said:

No he didn't. He said "You can't use this method here, as you need to surrender your old passport by posting it to UK". Doh. 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Most people do it themselves at VFS, i was one of the first when it move from the FCO in 2014.

Went back to UK in Sept to do it again. VFS sucks.

I did it from up country once, all in a day. Two flights, long taxi ride with BKK flooded.......😕

They didn't like my photo's, luckily I took 2 different sets.

All in all a pain.

The next renewal used Key Visa Service, couldn't have been simpler.

All from home..........:intheclub:

Of course, there are those that like the "adventure", but not for me, once was enough......😔

23 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

No he didn't. He said "You can't use this method here, as you need to surrender your old passport by posting it to UK". Doh. 

And guess who the "method " came from?

Your words "Do it online or get yer wife to do it."

You are free to believe the "online" method does not require the original passport being sent to HMPO.

23 hours ago, transam said:

I did it from up country once, all in a day. Two flights, long taxi ride with BKK flooded.......😕

They didn't like my photo's, luckily I took 2 different sets.

All in all a pain.

The next renewal used Key Visa Service, couldn't have been simpler.

All from home..........:intheclub:

Of course, there are those that like the "adventure", but not for me, once was enough......😔

Each to their own whichever suits, was last time for me, pushing up daisies by time it's due again.