British tourist fined for getting car stuck on Phuket beach

webfact

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

This incident sheds light on the recent trend of locals and foreigners driving on Kamala Beach, raising concerns about the preservation of the area's natural landscape and the safety of beachgoers and property.

Oh .....bollards.

Lots of bollards

• Confused 1

He's hardly off the gravel berm and he got stuck! 

Bloody expensive outing. As another posted.... is this a bigger fine than the clowns roaring up and down the beach near the water mark? 

Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the amounts dished out. Maybe he will head back under cover of darkness and get his 'moneys worth'... 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Every Friday when I lived in the UAE I would drive along the coast from Sharjah to the Marine club in Umm Al Quwain on the way back there would always be one or two local Arabs on the beach trying to get their stuck Corvette or Transam away from the incoming tide, usually they did not succeed and the car would be engulfed by the sea and then left there to become a rusted salt water wreck. 

Yep more money than brains over there... 

Mind you I did spend one night in a slammer in Fujairah once.  It was a mix up of work related things and I was released the next morning. 

Took 4 days to get my passport back tho.  Saw lots of Emiratees hooning in the dunes between there and Dubai. 

2 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Not quite the same as the others who were joyriding on the beach.

Bet he now complains about his krapi - Ford Fortuna 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

raising concerns about the preservation of the area's natural landscape and the safety of beachgoers and property.

Now THAT is funny. The Average Thai could not give a rats a** about the natural landscape as long as it is good for a few Baht earnings.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1