Jump to content

Ear candling


georgegeorgia

Recommended Posts

My ears have been hurting the last few days, possibly because of the flight I just took and build up of wax

 

I walked past a massage place yesterday offering ear candling 

It appears they put a hot ūüĒ• candle in your ear and it apparently melts the ear wax

 

I was tempted but decided not to

Are the barbers near Day Night area still offering ear cleaning?

 

I don't really want to go to Dr Oliver,I guess he would just offer medicine 

 

I think I need them cleaned professionally ,any ear cleaning clinics ?

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

clinics ?

There's a few around the intersection of 3rd road and Pattaya Tai. 

 

The two doctor clinics West of 3rd road. 

 

I had my ears syringed for I think 500 baht. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

There's a few around the intersection of 3rd road and Pattaya Tai. 

 

The two doctor clinics West of 3rd road. 

 

I had my ears syringed for I think 500 baht. 

Did it make any difference?

Did you hear better or not really?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Go to a proper clinic, not a dodgy massage place. Dr Apichai, ENT specialist on 3rd road near North Pattaya Road is good, about 600-800, may charge per ear, mine was 600 just had a problem left ear. He vacuums the wax out. Check Googlemaps 

Screenshot_2024-04-25-04-48-25-939_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

I might try this guy today

See if I can get a appointment 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Did it make any difference?

Did you hear better or not really?

You can do it yourself. Get a plastic syringe at a pharmacy, fill it with warm water, inject it into the ear. Tilt the head and hold it there for five or ten minutes.

  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jaywalker2 said:

You can do it yourself. Get a plastic syringe at a pharmacy, fill it with warm water, inject it into the ear. Tilt the head and hold it there for five or ten minutes.

I'm not confident enough

But your right , I guess I could if I tried it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I might try this guy today

See if I can get a appointment 

 

There are no appointments as such, it is first come first served. I'd recommend getting there at 4.30 so you have a chance of getting the first number in the queue as is gets busy quick. Small waiting area inside and plastic chairs set up in the outside area beside the pavement.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

I'm not confident enough

But your right , I guess I could if I tried it 

I complained to my Doc in US about ear problem. Nurse had a basic squirt bottle with long tube attached filled with warm water. She basically flushed out the ear. In the small pan that collected water I could see quite a bit of sandy looking particles. Definitely worked. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

With the added advantage that if, like many of us of a certain age, you have hair growing out of your ears, it will be a startling blonde colour!

 

If you can grow it long.

maybe you could comb it up. look a bit like Paulie

vvvvvvv.JPG

Edited by quake
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, quake said:

hydrogen peroxide from pharmacy or 7/11. about 50 baht. :jap:

The problem with hydrogen peroxide is that it doesn't really penetrate very far if the wax runs deep or is impacted. Plus, you're putting an acid in your ear, so you don't want to do it on a regular basis.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

The problem with hydrogen peroxide is that it doesn't really penetrate very far if the wax runs deep or is impacted. Plus, you're putting an acid in your ear, so you don't want to do it on a regular basis.

 

Never used anything else now days.

Works just fine for me.

maybe once a year, all good.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kinyara said:

 

There are no appointments as such, it is first come first served. I'd recommend getting there at 4.30 so you have a chance of getting the first number in the queue as is gets busy quick. Small waiting area inside and plastic chairs set up in the outside area beside the pavement.

430? You mean in the afternoon?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

My ears have been hurting the last few days, possibly because of the flight I just took and build up of wax

 

I walked past a massage place yesterday offering ear candling 

It appears they put a hot ūüĒ• candle in your ear and it apparently melts the ear wax

 

I was tempted but decided not to

Are the barbers near Day Night area still offering ear cleaning?

 

I don't really want to go to Dr Oliver,I guess he would just offer medicine 

 

I think I need them cleaned professionally ,any ear cleaning clinics ?

 

 

 

Go to BPH and they clean professionally.      around 3K THB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

 

 

 

Go to BPH and they clean professionally.      around 3K THB.

Yes I might do this today 

I will google them to see ,I have never been there before 

Just seems to one ear clogged up 

Edited by georgegeorgia
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

My ears have been hurting the last few days, possibly because of the flight I just took and build up of wax

 

I walked past a massage place yesterday offering ear candling 

It appears they put a hot ūüĒ• candle in your ear and it apparently melts the ear wax

 

I was tempted but decided not to

Are the barbers near Day Night area still offering ear cleaning?

 

I don't really want to go to Dr Oliver,I guess he would just offer medicine 

 

I think I need them cleaned professionally ,any ear cleaning clinics ?

 

Dr. Oliver's nurses will use H2O2 and warm water to irrigate your ears and suck out the wax.  I was there a few months ago as I was having problems with both ears.  An amazing amount of cr*p came out and my hearing was restored to normal.  I forget what the cost was but it wasn't at all expensive.  No need for an appointment and wasn't at all busy when I was there.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PJ71 said:

What sort of debris, rubble and stuff?

Before having my ears syringed, I'd spend most of my time in Soi 6. 

 

Could have been anything in there. 

 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One way to clean your ears out is unscrew the shower head you use to shower with....This will leave a nice concentrated stream of water from the hose...

 

Make sure the water pressure in not to high.....Then spray the water into your inner ear......You can clean very deep in your ear this way... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you have clogged up ears, go to Pattaya International. Ear Doc will go in with a suction device and clean your ear out. He will clean it out properly. After you can maintain it with hydrogen peroxide from a pharmacy (I think 3% solution). Buy some siringes too, so you can apply it to your ear.

Keep it for some minutes till the bubbling quiets down, then flush it with (clean) warm water out. How do I know? I have several 1000 dives under my belt. Along the way you get all sorts of ear problems, in Pattaya waters anyway. 

 

Don't use ear sticks in your ear. You may push ear wax towards your ear drum and it will clogg up your ear. Never stick anything smaller then your ellbow into your ear.

 

Candle are a total scam. They will show you after how much ear wax was removed. Truth is, its just the leftover wax from the candle itself. If there is a suction force at all, it ist way to weak to move ear wax. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Before having my ears syringed, I'd spend most of my time in Soi 6. 

 

Could have been anything in there. 

 

Like rubble and stuff?

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.






√ó
√ó
  • Create New...