Coming Out - Aged 60

4 hours ago, onthemoon said:

I agree with what you want to say, but being gay is not a choice you make. You find out at some stage in your life that you are attracted to guys. That's it. You don't decide that.

Point taken, but my comment was really a double point, which I admit I did not make clear. The 'coming out' was a choice too. The only problem I see, suppose 'Neeranam' doesn't actually like his brother's companion, as a person. 'Neeranam' will then have to make a choice, voice his opinion or not?

5 minutes ago, parallelman said:

Point taken, but my comment was really a double point, which I admit I did not make clear. The 'coming out' was a choice too. The only problem I see, suppose 'Neeranam' doesn't actually like his brother's companion, as a person. 'Neeranam' will then have to make a choice, voice his opinion or not?

Coming out is a choice, we agree on that.

I won't speculate about Neeranam, though.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, onthemoon said:

May be, cannot find the post I reply to now. Someone asked how many gay Palestinians were killed by which side, that's what my comment referred to. Anyway, that question is moot.

One user noted that another was a supporter of a free Palestine. They went to suggest that Palestintians have killed a lot of gay people, yet this person, who supports gays also supports Palestinians in their fight against Israel, is also a supporter of gays. I went on to point out that Israelis will have killed far more gays than Palestinians have, therefore there is no reason to not support Palestine in their struggle against Israel, simply because of the view some Palestinians might have of gay people.

As you can see, what I was discussing is of direct importance to claim being made by the first user.

On 4/25/2024 at 10:01 AM, Neeranam said:

Shirley Bassey concerts 

Should I just say I am happy and not ask questions like when did you know etc?

Uh-huh. Let him tell his own story, his own way.

Like every other year, I like to Youtube up hystrionic Shirley belting her way thru the gay anthem, This Is My Life -an anthem for all people. 

Very inspiring. If you haven't heard it, it will help you understand your brother's big moment:

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

One user noted that another was a supporter of a free Palestine. They went to suggest that Palestintians have killed a lot of gay people, yet this person, who supports gays also supports Palestinians in their fight against Israel, is also a supporter of gays. I went on to point out that Israelis will have killed far more gays than Palestinians have, therefore there is no reason to not support Palestine in their struggle against Israel, simply because of the view some Palestinians might have of gay people.

As you can see, what I was discussing is of direct importance to claim being made by the first user.

Exactly, so I replied to the correct post. You are mixing up correlation and causation, please see my earlier reply to you.