Coming Out - Aged 60

40 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

It is at the top of my (this) page and all over pages on my ASEANNOW .

Maybe you have to scroll over a bit ?

Thanks!

Found it!

It was my - + settings being at above 125!

• Thumbs Up 1

I’ve heard that someone is gay only if they’re a pitcher, not a catcher during oral sex.

According to a friend.

Then they said someone is gay only if they’re a catcher, not a pitcher during anal sex.

Is this true?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, G_Money said:

I’ve heard that someone is gay only if they’re a pitcher, not a catcher during oral sex.

According to a friend.

Then they said someone is gay only if they’re a catcher, not a pitcher during anal sex.

Is this true?

In Mexico 

2 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Had my brother turned out to be Gay, I would have cut all ties. Yet he was a bit of a panzy but that was bearable. Real men must be tolerant.

You'd be the pervert.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Supporting the Free Palestine movement does not equate to condoning or supporting violence against any group, including LGBTQ+ individuals. The Free Palestine movement advocates for the rights and self-determination of Palestinians, which is a political and human rights issue separate from LGBTQ+ rights.

LGBTQ+ rights are universal human rights that should be upheld and protected everywhere, regardless of political or cultural context. Supporting the rights of Palestinians does not mean turning a blind eye to human rights violations or discrimination against any group, including LGBTQ+ individuals

Inconvenient for you then that Palestinians murder their own gay people. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Are you saying that he just loves another man and they aren't in a sexual relationship ?

They are just best mates ?

I did assume that was what coming out meant . 

It needs some clarification as to whether they are in a sexual relationship or they just hang out together and no sex involved . 

No it doesn't. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Inconvenient for you then that Palestinians murder their own gay people. 

What do you mean? I'm neither Palestinian nor gay. Reread what I wrote. 

Do they really murder their own people?

8 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Not spoken directly to me, spoke to my mother who passed it on. We only talk about once or twice a year, unless he is visiting here or I there.

If you only talk once or twice a year why do you care so much? 

16 hours ago, Neeranam said:

My brother just came out the closet and I'd appreciate some advice about what to say to him. He never actually said "I'm gay" but told us he has a partners and it's a serious relationship. 

Of course, I suspected this for ages, going to the Eurovision song contest and Shirley Bassey concerts but it's quite a big thing, well maybe not. 

I think it's great that he is free but also a bit sad that he's been hiding it all these years, or maybe he hasn't -  is this possible to turn gay late in life?

Should I just say I am happy and not ask questions like when did you know etc?

Midlife crisis.  Some buy Corvettes, some come out as gay.  He'll grow out of it.

• Haha 1

I watched eurvision song contest AND Shirley Bassey 555..I'm positive I'm not gay. 

Those 2 things are not an indicator of gayness. 

What to say... "All the best".. And then Let your brother take the lead on what to say 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Neeranam said:

My brother just came out the closet and I'd appreciate some advice about what to say to him. He never actually said "I'm gay" but told us he has a partners and it's a serious relationship. 

Of course, I suspected this for ages, going to the Eurovision song contest and Shirley Bassey concerts but it's quite a big thing, well maybe not. 

I think it's great that he is free but also a bit sad that he's been hiding it all these years, or maybe he hasn't -  is this possible to turn gay late in life?

Should I just say I am happy and not ask questions like when did you know etc?

Is this what is called diversity?

In some countries you can change your gender once a year.

🙏

Why apprehensive? Your bother has made a choice that perhaps you wouldn't have but how many other choices has he made in life that perhaps you wouldn't have. No need to change anything between you and your bother just carry on as usual. If you overreact one way or the other the relationship will change, which I assume you don't want. At times during the year you might meet and if your brother had a girlfriend she would get an invite too (I assume) so do the same in this case.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just say you're happy for him and ask how they met.

That should elicit a landslide of information if he's interested in telling the story and easily forms the basis for a broader conversation if he feels like it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

This could be a classic wind-up post.

Just the right believable content without going overboard and plays on the heartstrings slightly.

Perhaps Shirley Bassey gives in away a bit but nevertheless congratulations,great post.

21 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Are you saying that he just loves another man and they aren't in a sexual relationship ?

They are just best mates ?

I did assume that was what coming out meant . 

It needs some clarification as to whether they are in a sexual relationship or they just hang out together and no sex involved . 

No, I am not saying that. You are really obsessed with sex, aren't you?

20 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Simon did mean that he has no need to publicly state his sexual preferences and the gimp suit reference was just a humorous exaggeration and wasn't equating it with homosexuality .

Glad to hear that you are speaking for Simon.

20 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

If they are not in a sexual relationship, would they still be gay ?

Yes. Someone is gay when he likes and loves men the same you way apparently like and love women.

Will you stop being straight if you don't have a sexual relationship with a woman? How long do you have to have no sex?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I wonder who has killed more gay Palestinians, the Palestinians or the Israelis... 🤔

Regardless of the answer to that question, none of the gay Palestinians were killed because they were gay. So, this question is moot.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Had my brother turned out to be Gay, I would have cut all ties. Yet he was a bit of a panzy but that was bearable. Real men must be tolerant.

This is funny, as you are saying you are not a real man, as you are the textbook example of someone being intolerant. Unlike your brother, you are unbearable.  It appears he is much more of a man than you.

• Thumbs Up 1