Humza Yousaf's Political Fight: Unraveling Scotland's Turmoil

Social Media

13 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I have given you several links already. Better Together was a UK government backed body. The UK government lied about North Sea oil as they have done about so many other things. 

And the SNP hasn't.......  😂

Were the SNP right to vote for Humza........? 

This vid says it all about your lot...

Edited by transam
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, baansgr said:

Would be good if the English got a vote on being independent from Scotland...I can assure you, your wish would be granted..

Then why is it that the UK government, which is heavily English in makeup, fights so hard to prevent it?

I have nothing but good will towards England and it's people. I simply don't want my country governed by it. 

It's been said on many an occasion that Scotland is a net drain on the UK's finances - just think how you could put that extra money to good use if you were to stand in your own two feet without us truculent Jocks (allegedly) costing more than we contribute?

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Whine, whine, whine. Rifles your pockets? Scotland has been subsidised by the UK at the expense of England (especially), Wales and Northern Ireland for decades. It is always someone else's fault with you lot. You know what, you got what you deserved with this racist chump. When you finally gain independence (at not soon enough), we all know who you'll point the finger at when it goes pear shaped.

Then kick us out and everyone will be happy. Learn to stand on your own two feet for once and we can all get along much better.

32 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I have given you several links already. Better Together was a UK government backed body. The UK government lied about North Sea oil as they have done about so many other things. 

You did provide numerous links, but none of them back up your claim 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You did provide numerous links, but none of them back up your claim 

They do - you either choose not to accept it or you can't see the connection between the UK government's Better Together campaign and... the UK government.

On 4/29/2024 at 1:22 PM, blazes said:

A party that introduces a "Hate Law" that itself promotes widespread hate in the community is not fit for purpose.

It's insane.  The law is literally for people thinking "I hate this person.  I hate what they say.  I want them punished for thinking differently to me."  How could they think for a second that this would do any good at all? 

It's a "hate law" in that it is the tool of people filled with hate.

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Then why is it that the UK government, which is heavily English in makeup, fights so hard to prevent it?

I have nothing but good will towards England and it's people. I simply don't want my country governed by it. 

It's been said on many an occasion that Scotland is a net drain on the UK's finances - just think how you could put that extra money to good use if you were to stand in your own two feet without us truculent Jocks (allegedly) costing more than we contribute?

And, what did the Scottish people think about independence?

I believe there was a referendum.

3 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

And, what did the Scottish people think about independence?

I believe there was a referendum.

If only the promises made in the run up to the referendum should we vote to stay were kept, there might not be the discontent we have now.

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

If only the promises made in the run up to the referendum should we vote to stay were kept, there might not be the discontent we have now.

What was the result of the referendum? The decision of the people of Scotland?

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

That's not what you said though, is it?

Are you trolling? This is a direct quote from the link:

"Child poverty rates in Scotland (24%) remain much lower than those in England (31%) and Wales (28%) and are similar (if slightly higher) than in Northern Ireland (22%). "

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

What was the result of the referendum? The decision of the people of Scotland?

The decision was made, in a large part, after promises were made. Those promises have not been honoured. If they had been, independence may have withered on the vine. 

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Are you trolling? This is a direct quote from the link:

"Child poverty rates in Scotland (24%) remain much lower than those in England (31%) and Wales (28%) and are similar (if slightly higher) than in Northern Ireland (22%). "

Not trolling. No. Just correcting you.

You compared Scotland to UK. The two are not comparable.

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

The decision was made, in a large part, after promises were made. Those promises have not been honoured. If they had been, independence may have withered on the vine. 

What decision? What did the people of Scotland vote for?

8 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

They do - you either choose not to accept it or you can't see the connection between the UK government's Better Together campaign and... the UK government.

We can all look for links to give us the answer we want including you,the barnett formula should mean that the people of Scotland are better off than the English so why aren't they?The amount of people dying from misuse of drugs in Scotland is the highest in Europe per head of population.The SNP have been in power for 17 years and those that have been in power should hang their heads in shame,they have failed the people,the schools and the hospitals on a fanatical,flawed ideal.

3 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

What decision? What did the people of Scotland vote for?

The people of Scotland voted against becoming an independent country by 55% to 45%,in other words more than half of those who voted know which side their bread's buttered on.

22 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Then kick us out and everyone will be happy

Except the Scots themselves who voted to remain in the independence referendum. 

16 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Except the Scots themselves who voted to remain in the independence referendum. 

That depends upon who you consider a Scot. The majority of people who were born in Scotland and voted in the referendum voted to leave the UK. The vote was swung by incomers, a significant number being Europeans who believed the lie that a vote for the UK was a vote to remain in the EU. 

So to be clear, in 2014 the majority of people who were born in Scotland voted to leave the UK. That number can only have increased since then, because let's face it - no matter how bumpy the road the SNP has taken, it's been nowhere near the binfire that has been the last 14 years of the Nasty Party.

Independence referendum figures revealed: Majority of Scots born here voted YES while voters from elsewhere in UK said NO

That said, we are a welcoming people, and even though incomers may have dashed our peoples' hopes for a better country, I don't think anyone holds it against them. We just need to help them better see how much better Scotland would be if it wasn't burdened by this union.

17 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

That depends upon who you consider a Scot. The majority of people who were born in Scotland and voted in the referendum voted to leave the UK. The vote was swung by incomers, a significant number being Europeans who believed the lie that a vote for the UK was a vote to remain in the EU. 

So to be clear, in 2014 the majority of people who were born in Scotland voted to leave the UK. That number can only have increased since then, because let's face it - no matter how bumpy the road the SNP has taken, it's been nowhere near the binfire that has been the last 14 years of the Nasty Party.

Independence referendum figures revealed: Majority of Scots born here voted YES while voters from elsewhere in UK said NO

That said, we are a welcoming people, and even though incomers may have dashed our peoples' hopes for a better country, I don't think anyone holds it against them. We just need to help them better see how much better Scotland would be if it wasn't burdened by this union.

Cool story Bro.

Except Scots still want to remain.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1170409/scottish-independence/

You nationalists are increasingly becoming a noisy, ageing, outdated minority.

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Cool story Bro.

Except Scots still want to remain.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1170409/scottish-independence/

You nationalists are increasingly becoming a noisy, ageing, outdated minority.

I am sorry if it hurts that the majority of Scottish people don't want to be in your union. It's nothing personal, honestly. But it's fact - Scottish people don't want to be in the UK. 

27 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I am sorry if it hurts that the majority of Scottish people don't want to be in your union. It's nothing personal, honestly. But it's fact - Scottish people don't want to be in the UK. 

It doesn't hurt. I would be glad to be shot of you. But the fact remains the Scots want to stay, unfortunately.

Maybe we can let the English vote as well next time? We are tired of you. An English vote would pretty much guarantee you'd be crawling to the EU for a bit part in their failing federalist project while shouting Braveheart and claiming Independence. It would be highly amusing. 

Without the English vote you'll never get out. Dependent on us as ever.

14 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It doesn't hurt. I would be glad to be shot of you. But the fact remains the Scots want to stay, unfortunately.

Maybe we can let the English vote as well next time? We are tired of you. An English vote would pretty much guarantee you'd be crawling to the EU for a bit part in their failing federalist project while shouting Braveheart and claiming Independence. It would be highly amusing. 

Without the English vote you'll never get out. Dependent on us as ever.

Why would English people vote in a Scottish referendum? That makes zero sense.

How about you grow a pair and vote for your own independence rather than just barge into others' affairs? I know it must be a worrying thought for England to not have other countries' resources to purloin for its own benefit, but it's going to have to happen one day.