Pro-Palestinian Protesters Take Over Columbia Hamilton Hall "Intifada" hangs from windows

Social Media

3 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Amina al-Hassouni is the 7 year old bedouin  in the Israeli hospital ICU with a severe head injury after her family home was hit by iranian missile shrapnel.

Soooo, you manged to find one Arab kid that was injured by non israeli missile, but ignore the thousands blown up by American bombs dropped by israeli pilots.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Presto said:

Your disdain for human life, in this case Palestinian, is obvious.

Since Israel doesn't allow journalists in Gaza, or rather attack and kill them if they have the chance, I have to rely on UN reporting.

And Israel's deliberately hindering and attacking food transports doesn't bother you at all I guess.

Israel's defense minister Gallant explicitly declared a policy of starving Gaza, just after October 7th.

Egypt and Qatar are fed up with Hamas. Israel has offered all sorts of concessions and still Hamas won't agree to a ceasefire by releasing the hostages. Ask yourself what justification Hamas has to prolong the war and to hold non combatant hostages under horrific conditions. Hamas wants and needs the war to continue. Iran needs and wants this war to continue. Every country involved in trying to negotiate an end to the war knows that Hamas is intentionally prolonging the war. Why do you think the Arab countries are really not putting pressure on Israel? Even Turkey is keeping cool and Erdogan despises israel. The entire diplomatic world knows that Hamas has been told to keep the war going. The $200million paid by Iran to Hamas leadership has to be earned.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Yes.

If you can't even keep your immediate surroundings neat and tidy, what right do you expect to have to voice concerns over larger and more important issues? Nobody will listen to you, and why should they.

People have been dying in Gaza since October. Yet the 'protesters' waited until the balmy days of spring to start protesting. 

It's only the encampment that started April 17th after Minouche's pitiful performance before Congress. Before that they were doing standing protests.

2 hours ago, Walker88 said:

The topic is their protest and the violence in which they are engaging. I seriously doubt many have much of an understanding of the Middle East issue, and I do not think their primary concern is for the innocent Gaza residents being killed. It's more...did you see my latest TikTok or Facebook post? Neither do I think harassing other students simply because they are Jewish is an effective means of protest. It is simply racism, nothing less.

Peaceful protests are fine. Smashing windows, taking over buildings, and harassing Jewish students in not fine.

Engaging in violence neither solves anything nor wins any hearts and minds. Protests are not going to stop the carnage in Gaza, nor will it get any hostages released, nor will it solve the issue of Hamas terrorism. Hamas leaders live a life of luxury in Doha (and were supported by Netanyahu, because 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend---the 'enemy' being a Two State Solution) the Hamas terrorist who carried out 7 October are proud of their rapes and murders, Netanyahu is not going to stop West Bank settlement building...so the violence in the protests is achieving what (other than having classes go online and likely final exams postponed)?

No, I'm not Jewish. Yes, I lived in Israel. Yes, I lived in several Middle East nations. I speak, read and write Arabic. I know the issue (from study and living) going back to the early days of Zionism, through Deir Yassin, through the '67 war, the '73 war, Camp David, the Oslo Accords, all the way through to today. I'm not a fan of the hardliners on any side.

The encampments are teach-ins so that those who are appalled by the Gaza War can learn the historical background, etc.

Yes.

If you can't even keep your immediate surroundings neat and tidy, what right do you expect to have to voice concerns over larger and more important issues? Nobody will listen to you, and why should they.

People have been dying in Gaza since October. Yet the 'protesters' waited until the balmy days of spring to start protesting. 

It's only the encampment that started April 17th after Minouche's pitiful performance before Congress. Before that they were doing standing protests.

2 hours ago, Walker88 said:

The topic is their protest and the violence in which they are engaging. I seriously doubt many have much of an understanding of the Middle East issue, and I do not think their primary concern is for the innocent Gaza residents being killed. It's more...did you see my latest TikTok or Facebook post? Neither do I think harassing other students simply because they are Jewish is an effective means of protest. It is simply racism, nothing less.

Peaceful protests are fine. Smashing windows, taking over buildings, and harassing Jewish students in not fine.

Engaging in violence neither solves anything nor wins any hearts and minds. Protests are not going to stop the carnage in Gaza, nor will it get any hostages released, nor will it solve the issue of Hamas terrorism. Hamas leaders live a life of luxury in Doha (and were supported by Netanyahu, because 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend---the 'enemy' being a Two State Solution) the Hamas terrorist who carried out 7 October are proud of their rapes and murders, Netanyahu is not going to stop West Bank settlement building...so the violence in the protests is achieving what (other than having classes go online and likely final exams postponed)?

No, I'm not Jewish. Yes, I lived in Israel. Yes, I lived in several Middle East nations. I speak, read and write Arabic. I know the issue (from study and living) going back to the early days of Zionism, through Deir Yassin, through the '67 war, the '73 war, Camp David, the Oslo Accords, all the way through to today. I'm not a fan of the hardliners on any side.

The encampments are teach-ins so that those who are appalled by the Gaza War can learn the historical background, etc.

8 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Ethnic cleansing?  I don't think Israel or Egypt got the memo. The Gazans are still in  Gaza and are not going anywhere. They are not going to Egypt and they are not going to Israel. You do know that despite the war, the  population of Gaza is not decreasing. They keep popping out babies. Gaza has one of the highest birth rates in the world  (39th). 

As for the IDF policies, why don't you help us out and reference the specific documentation that supports your claim of ethnic cleansing.  

In respect to your claim that the US  funded ethnic cleansing, you are confused. It was Hamas that diverted cement from humanitarian aid to build its military tunnels and reinforced  bunkers for hamas select members, all the while telling the world that israel denied it cement to build homes. Remember that lie? And it was Hamas that diverted humanitarian aid of water pipes and sewage pipes to build rockets to fire the daily barrage at israel. Remember when  Hamas and NGOs were complaining about an inadequate amount of piping? now we know where all the pipes went and why KMs of new  water piping  disappeared. So technically, it can be said that the US with its generous aid donations to Gaza helped fund the Hamas  military build up.

The Gazans who have families in the USA are financially well off and are fine. They are doing well in their exclusive communities of Dearborn and elsewhere in Michigan where non muslims are not welcome. The israeli Arab hostage families on the other hand are not doing so well.  BTW, any kind words for some of the Israeli Arabs injured by Hamas and iranian missiles?   Amina al-Hassouni is the 7 year old bedouin  in the Israeli hospital ICU with a severe head injury after her family home was hit by iranian missile shrapnel.

For your information:

https://www.middleeasteye.net/live-blog/live-blog-update/israeli-municipality-official-calls-burying-alive-subhuman-palestinian

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Presto said:

Your disdain for human life, in this case Palestinian, is obvious.

Since Israel doesn't allow journalists in Gaza, or rather attack and kill them if they have the chance, I have to rely on UN reporting.

And Israel's deliberately hindering and attacking food transports doesn't bother you at all I guess.

Israel is allowing food aid in, there is no starvation .

Israel is not attacking food transports , Israel has tried to stop Hamas looting and stealing the food aid though and thus Israel is getting food to the people 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Egypt and Qatar are fed up with Hamas. Israel has offered all sorts of concessions and still Hamas won't agree to a ceasefire by releasing the hostages. Ask yourself what justification Hamas has to prolong the war and to hold non combatant hostages under horrific conditions. Hamas wants and needs the war to continue. Iran needs and wants this war to continue. Every country involved in trying to negotiate an end to the war knows that Hamas is intentionally prolonging the war. Why do you think the Arab countries are really not putting pressure on Israel? Even Turkey is keeping cool and Erdogan despises israel. The entire diplomatic world knows that Hamas has been told to keep the war going. The $200million paid by Iran to Hamas leadership has to be earned.

You don't know about ethnic cleansing?

For your reading pleasure:

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2024/2/26/settler-violence-israels-ethnic-cleansing-plan-for-the-west-bank

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Presto said:

^ A blog from last year with someone calling for something 

Blogs are not an allowable news source on these forums .

Also, people "calling for" things isn't even news worthy .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

^ A blog from last year with someone calling for something 

Blogs are not an allowable news source on these forums .

Also, people "calling for" things isn't even news worthy .

You must have missed this part:

'Defense Minister Yoav Gallant says he has ordered a “complete siege” of the Gaza Strip, as Israel fights the Hamas terror group.

“I have ordered a complete siege on the Gaza Strip. There will be no electricity, no food, no fuel, everything is closed,” Gallant says following an assessment at the IDF Southern Command in Beersheba.

“We are fighting human animals and we are acting accordingly,” he adds'

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Yes they should be much tougher on faculty than students.

The dominant message of these campers is that Israel shouldn't be allowed to exist.

Right in line with Hamas and Iran and without any doubt infected with Jew hatred.

It's sad to hear you claim that this is a matter of Israel not being allowed to exist. That's quite a polar view. JVP has been advocating the one state solution with equal rights for all. That means the end of apartheid.

The Israel Declaration of Independence said:

"WE DECLARE that, with effect from the moment of the termination of the Mandate being tonight, the eve of Sabbath, the 6th Iyar, 5708 (15th May, 1948), until the establishment of the elected, regular authorities of the State in accordance with the Constitution which shall be adopted by the Elected Constituent Assembly not later than the 1st October 1948, the People's Council shall act as a Provisional Council of State, and its executive organ, the People's Administration, shall be the Provisional Government of the Jewish State, to be called "Israel".

THE STATE OF ISRAEL will be open for Jewish immigration and for the Ingathering of the Exiles; it will foster the development of the country for the benefit of all its inhabitants; it will be based on freedom, justice and peace as envisaged by the prophets of Israel; it will ensure complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants irrespective of religion, race or sex; it will guarantee freedom of religion, conscience, language, education and culture; it will safeguard the Holy Places of all religions; and it will be faithful to the principles of the Charter of the United Nations."

2 minutes ago, Presto said:

You must have missed this part:

'Defense Minister Yoav Gallant says he has ordered a “complete siege” of the Gaza Strip, as Israel fights the Hamas terror group.

“I have ordered a complete siege on the Gaza Strip. There will be no electricity, no food, no fuel, everything is closed,” Gallant says following an assessment at the IDF Southern Command in Beersheba.

“We are fighting human animals and we are acting accordingly,” he adds'

That was widely discussed when he said it a few days after October 7 th .

It is also way off topic .

It was discussed in other threads 7 months ago . You can go to those threads and join the discussion there if you want to

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yes.

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sooooo, as they keep popping out those babies it's OK to blow up thousands of kids, is it?

That's your logic. I was pointing out that if an ethnic cleansing  or a genocide was intended, israel has acheieved neither since the Gaza population has neither decreased, nor relocated.   In respect to the unfortunate loss of children, you should have a word with hamas and islamic jihad. The death of children is part of the strategy because it upsets westerners. Children are excellent shields, betetr yet is to put missile launching sites in close proximity to homes and schools. These are martyrs and they are in paradise. that's what hamas tells Gazans who believe that.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Soooo, you manged to find one Arab kid that was injured by non israeli missile, but ignore the thousands blown up by American bombs dropped by israeli pilots.

So0o, you don't care about the Arab child or the Arab hostages.  All human life is valuable, whehter it is 1 life or 100. 

2 minutes ago, placnx said:

Not teachins, but propaganda dissemination events where one revisionist version of history is given. A version that ignores the actual history of the place such as the Ottoman empire having ruled for centuries and that there being no actual palestinian nation o, nor a Lebanon or Saudi Arabia or Jordan, but there was a specific department for what we today know as israel which was attached administratively to the province of Damascus and ruled from Istanbul. The revisionists blame European colonial powers, but really what exists is the remnants of the Ottoman Empire.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Al-Jazeera are owned by Qatar , Qatar who support Hamas and support the ethnic cleansing of Jews . 

A biased news source 

Indeed, boycott Qatar Airways!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

So0o, you don't care about the Arab child or the Arab hostages.  All human life is valuable, whehter it is 1 life or 100. 

Seriously? Is that the best you can do to deflect from the thousands of dead Gazan children.I didn't say anything about genocide.

I haven't seen anything from you about those children. Just making it like it's OK because the birth rate is so high.

28 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Israel is allowing food aid in, there is no starvation .

Israel is not attacking food transports , Israel has tried to stop Hamas looting and stealing the food aid though and thus Israel is getting food to the people 

I would trust international sources over the IDF you prefer.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Seriously? Is that the best you can do to deflect from the thousands of dead Gazan children.I didn't say anything about genocide.

I haven't seen anything from you about those children. Just making it like it's OK because the birth rate is so high.

You do keep going on about Children all the time .

There is more to this conflict than Children .

You only seem to be interested in Children in this war 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It might be news to you but German casualties in ww2 were far higher than UK and French combined, does that mean they were right, or suffered 'genocide'? It's not about the number of casualties, it's about right and wrong.

Edited by proton
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

The revisionists blame European colonial powers, but really what exists is the remnants of the Ottoman Empire.

The British and the French certainly  believed that Arab countries existed as they divided them up between them, even as they lied to the Arabs that if they helped defeat the Turks they'd get independence. See the Balfour Declaration.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You do keep going on about Children all the time .

There is more to this conflict than Children .

You only seem to be interested in Children in this war 

It's the most emotive symbol for propaganda they have- infant shroud waving. If they cared about the kiddies where are all the air raid shelters?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Oh the head hackers the POTUS lied about? Come on man, don't believe the US Propaganda. This war is not based on reason, it due to the religion of those running the USA. The President, whose grandkids are Jewish, Secretary of State is Jewish, in fact there is an unproportionately high  number of Jews in Senate/Government and an unproportionately low number of Muslims. Both religious groups are around 2% of the population, but many Muslims are not counted in the pop figures. Jews in Senate, 9% and in top positions, Muslims 1%. 

Can't you see why these intelligent youngsters in the US are protesting? 

The Republicans are in the thrall of (if not themselves) Christians Zionists who are less interested in human rights or the Ten Commandments than seeing that Israel totally occupies historic Palestine so that the Revelations prophesy can be realized and they can go to their Heaven while the rest, including Jews, burn. Look up CUFI in Google.

It is true that Biden and others seem to think that Israel's interests are synonomous with US interests. Some day soon I hope that many Israelis will realize that Fortress Zion is not viable in the long run, and that they should follow the promise of their Declaration of Independence and have a constitution granting equal rights to all. Maybe then future US administrations can treat Israel like any other democratic nation.

The US political system with a revolving door between pro-israel think tanks and staff positions in Congress and in the White House has led to policy capture. This explains notable internal protests in the Administration and resignations from State & Defense over the Administration's handling of the Gaza War.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I would trust international sources over the IDF you prefer.

The IDF has lied so many times I don't believe anything they say. Remember the non existent "command post" in the hospital and the "roster of fighters" that was a calendar?

They don't allow independent news reporters in for a very good reason- they might tell the truth about israeli atrocities.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Netanyahu needs the war to continue, and he seems willing to cross Biden's red lines to do so.

Patriots to the rescue!

Armed men in blue resurrected

the red white & blue after taking down a satanic evil attempt at taking over a American Institution.

vivi the Republic!

Columbia University anti-Israel protests live updates: NYPD raises American flag on City College campus in stunning moment after busting anti-Israel protesters.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/29/us-news/columbia-university-anti-israel-protests-live-updates-photos-from-student-encampment/

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You are massively biased against Jews. A typical classic Jew sniffer. If a Jew supports the existence of Israel their opinion means nothing to you. If a Jew is an obsessive Israel demonizer like you and most of the pro Hamas pro Iran campus campers their opinion gets amplified by you because they're Jews..Basically racism.

It is actually Anti Semitism .

Its interesting that you can been conditioned not to use the word "Anti-Semite"

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

So how many Palestinians have starved to death so far ?

None at all ?

I seem to remember the news saying that they were in imminent danger of starving since about the second day of the conflict. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1