Pro-Palestinian Protesters Take Over Columbia Hamilton Hall "Intifada" hangs from windows

Social Media

8 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Yes, I just don't want to spend my day opening a reading links , they are often behind paywalls or you need to join or allow ADs . 

Although I haven't opened your links, so I wouldn't know whether your links are like that 

Good luck with expanding your knowledge that way.

And before you come with complaining, I do my own research, and usually come up with credible sources, and those are the links I post.

Anyone is welcome to do the same.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Its not about me being  correct, its about you making false claims. Here's another article:

No military fighting an entrenched enemy in dense urban terrain in an area barely twice the size of Washington D.C. can avoid all civilian casualties. Reports of over 25,000 Palestinians killed, be they civilians or Hamas, have made headlines. But Israel has taken more measures to avoid needless civilian harm than virtually any other nation that's fought an urban war.

https://www.newsweek.com/israel-implemented-more-measures-prevent-civilian-casualties-any-other-nation-history-opinion-1865613

• Confused 1

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

And 19 000 of those were innocent  woman and children hospitalised on the verge  starving to death 

Because you think women and children facing starvation is a cheap point scoring prop.

But hey, when the ‘carnage’ starts ‘they have no reason to protest’.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

That could be down to the way the two groups carry themselves, their attitudes etc.

Jewish Americans + Europeans tend to be ambitious and well integrated into society. 

Whereas you have a religion where there are social restrictions (e.g. no alcohol), intolerance of other religions, rules such as you are forbidden to pay interest on borrowed money (check out how hedge funds and lenders have to set up convoluted arrangements for 'Islamic finance'), continuous stories of religiously motivated violence across the globe - how might these things affect the success rate of Muslims? 

Yeah, good point, although no alcohol would make them more efficient.  

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its not about me being  correct, its about you making false claims. Here's another article:

No military fighting an entrenched enemy in dense urban terrain in an area barely twice the size of Washington D.C. can avoid all civilian casualties. Reports of over 25,000 Palestinians killed, be they civilians or Hamas, have made headlines. But Israel has taken more measures to avoid needless civilian harm than virtually any other nation that's fought an urban war.

https://www.newsweek.com/israel-implemented-more-measures-prevent-civilian-casualties-any-other-nation-history-opinion-1865613

Have you got a link to how many civilian casualties is acceptable?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The IDF has lied so many times I don't believe anything they say. Remember the non existent "command post" in the hospital and the "roster of fighters" that was a calendar?

They don't allow independent news reporters in for a very good reason- they might tell the truth about israeli atrocities.

Yet you believe the Palestinian death toll numbers which are provided by Hamas

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Presto said:

And before you come with complaining, I do my own research, and usually come up with credible sources, and those are the links I post.

Why cant you write things in your own words , rather than just posting  links to threads ?

I do have a google web search as well and I can find links myself .

I really don't  need you to do web searches for me .

There was a time when I used to spend much of may day reading Guardian links which people kept sending me , posters kept sending me links and asking me to read the links and then comment on the links .

* What you  think about what this journalist says in this Guardian link *

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

In the real World, Israeli is being commended for keeping civilians causalities to a minimum and their techniques for urban warfare will soon be taught to all other armies that don't want to kill civilians 

19 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

What buddy? Interjecting where, a bit like you are doing now you mean?

Since following the discussion is clearly not easy for you, hereby the post 

• Like 1

Any student with an ounce of integrity will protest against this. 

“It is disturbing when one country continues to violate international law with the help of powerful states who say they support human rights.”

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Why cant you write things in your own words , rather than just posting  links to threads ?

There was a time when I used to spend much of may day reading Guardian links which people kept sending me , posters kept sending me links and asking me to read the links and then comment on the links .

I must go back and review the discussion on ‘watch the [edited] video’

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Thank you for sharing your personal issues. I'm not posting articles with opinions, but with facts. If you're not interested in the facts about the Lavender program, and you don't want to compare it with the results on the battlefield in Gaza, that's for you.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes from Hamas, they reckon 2 million are acceptable

Well that, you tell us, is the view of Hamas, a recognized terrorist organization.

What about you Brian, how many civilian deaths do you think is acceptable?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Palestinians violate international law on a daily basis and commit war crimes on a daily basis.

Holding hostages is a war crime .

Yes, holding hostages is a war crime and Hamas are doing that.

I think everyone here agrees that Hamas are a blood thirsty terrorist group.

You seem to be saying the Palestinians are Hamas.

Would you like to clarify?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Well that, you tell us, is the view of Hamas, a recognized terrorist organization.

What about you Brian, how many civilian deaths do you think is acceptable?

Yes, that's the view from Hamas, the ones who are holding hostages and using the civilians in Gaza as sacrifice in the human shield strategy

Hamas considers two million Gazan civilians, including children, as martyrs, whether they want to be or not.

https://thehill.com/opinion/international/4295601-human-sacrifice-is-central-to-hamass-strategy/

I am not a military expert so I cannot say what the acceptable figure, can you? I do know there are far too many because of Hamas and that if they released the hostages it would come to a stop today.

There is a deal ready for them now. Only Hamas is standing in the way.

• Confused 1

Yes, holding hostages is a war crime and Hamas are doing that.

I think everyone here agrees that Hamas are a blood thirsty terrorist group.

You seem to be saying the Palestinians are Hamas.

Would you like to clarify?

Palestinians in Gaza must know where the hostages are being held .

Its a small place and it would be common knowledge to where the hostages are being held .

Have the Palestinians tried to free the hostages , taken action to stop the war crimes ?

Why aren't the civilians helping Israel free the hostages ?

Because they support Hamas, is the answer 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Have you got a link to how many civilian casualties is acceptable?

A question I've asked just after October 7th, on a completely different forum, when the death toll was already high and indiscriminate bombing was obvious.

The answer was: turn Gaza into a parking lot.

So I replied with: why not use Israels nuclear bombs and be done with it?

No answer.

Edited by Presto
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes, that's the view from Hamas, the ones who are holding hostages and using the civilians in Gaza as sacrifice in the human shield strategy

Hamas considers two million Gazan civilians, including children, as martyrs, whether they want to be or not.

https://thehill.com/opinion/international/4295601-human-sacrifice-is-central-to-hamass-strategy/

I am not a military expert so I cannot say what the acceptable figure, can you? I do know there are far too many because of Hamas and that if they released the hostages it would come to a stop today.

There is a deal ready for them now. Only Hamas is standing in the way.

I read your link expecting it would provide some statement from Hamas to back your claim:

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes from Hamas, they reckon 2 million are acceptable

It does nothing of the sort.

It’s an opinion piece.

Your claim is unsupported.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

29 minutes ago, Presto said:

Maybe in addition to posting a link you could copy/paste the relevant excerpt from the link into the thread as a courtesy, to save every reader having to open the link and trawl through it. Just a suggestion. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I read your link expecting it would provide some statement from Hamas to back your claim:

It does nothing of the sort.

It’s an opinion piece.

Your claim is unsupported.

So you read read the quote, which is NOT an opinion. The same quote that is here:

“We are called a nation of martyrs,” said another top Hamas official, Ghazi Hamad. “And we are proud to sacrifice martyrs.” He promised more attacks: “There will be a second, a third, a fourth.” When asked whether he sought the annihilation of Israel, Hamad matter-of-factly replied, “Yes, of course.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hamas-official-says-group-aims-to-repeat-oct-7-onslaught-many-times-to-destroy-israel/

You avoided my question, why?

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Its a small place and it would be common knowledge to where the hostages are being held .

Have the Palestinians tried to free the hostages , taken action to stop the war crimes ?

Maybe the Palestinians don’t know where the hostages are being held.

Maybe the Palestinians are living I fear of Hamas, which I think we all agree is a viscous bloodthirsty terrorist organization.

You claiming they must know doesn’t mean they do and clearly you have no defense of your claim the Palestinians are holding the hostages.

But you are doing a very good job at putting forward the argument for collective punishment, which fits well with your ‘no reason to complain when the carnage starts’.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You’re hiding behind semantics.

And adjusting your argument as it gets challenged.

No, I stated that IRA didn't invade the UK like Hamas invaded Israel on Oct 7 th

You changed that to "attack" , I was just pointing out that you changed the wording .

My point was that the troubles are very different to the Gaza war , that point hasn't changed 

12 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Actually one of the hostages escaped in Gaza for 4 days hiding but the Gazans then returned him to the terrorists!

"He managed to escape and to hide out, alone, for four days. He tried to reach the border. In the end, the Gazans caught him and returned him to the terrorists' hands."

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/gaza-hostage-briefly-escaped-captors-after-building-was-bombed-family-says-2023-11-27/

https://archive.ph/D9o2o

30 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Yeah, good point, although no alcohol would make them more efficient.  

Possibly, but also a lot of business is done over a few drinks in a bar / restaurant. The bloke sipping on orange juice or refusing to eat because there are no Halal options is a bit of an outsider in those situations. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Maybe the Palestinians are living I fear of Hamas, which I think we all agree is a viscous bloodthirsty terrorist organization.

Then why wouldn't they side with Israel to wipe Hamas out ?

24 minutes ago, Presto said:

Thank you for sharing your personal issues. I'm not posting articles with opinions, but with facts. If you're not interested in the facts about the Lavender program, and you don't want to compare it with the results on the battlefield in Gaza, that's for you.

Thanks for your concern , but if I want to learn about the Lavender programme , then I can find the info myself by doing a websearch , thanks

BTW , are you a teacher ?